Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver » What happened to...? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 29, 02 at 10:56amMr Stupid

I completed Soul Reaver last night (although I knew the ending already thanks to Soul Reaver 2! Doh!). Damn fine game, but I have a few questions based around a 'What happened to...?' format. (Warning, spoiler alert, spoiler alert, awooga, abandon ship mateys...ahem).
What happened to Turell? Kain's new lieutenant, sounds like a fine candidate for killing and the sucking of the souls and the wahey.
What happened to the human city? I thought it'd be part of a level (I stumbled across it early on by mistake), but it seems to be there for decoration purposes only.
Also, I missed a few things. I forgot to imbue the Soul Reaver with fire, for instance (I realised when I looked through that time window thingy and saw Raziel just standing there with Mr Red Reaver). Does this mean I was meant to go and kill Ariel?
This is what happens when you listen to that Elder dude; you rush around at his beck and call, and miss all this stuff!
JK

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 22, 09 at 12:00pm
flameomen

where is kain belly button and nipples lol

Oct 13, 07 at 3:57am
The Founder

quote stevied9366
*SPOILER*

The Reason it shows Raziel With a red reaver, striking down Ariel and facing Kain is because it is forshadowing.

In SR2, Raziel is seen at the top of Janos' retreat with the fire reaver. Similar to the vision in the Chronoplast.

In Defiance Raziel faces Kain in Avernus, similar to the vision, and he obtains the spirit reaver by absobing Ariel's soul in The Spirit Forge.

Thus, the events are not what WOULD happen, but what WILL happen.

Close, but I think you got the first bit wrong. You're right that it is foreshadowing, but it is also symbolic, it is twisting the events to make them look different, Raz himself pointed out that this may be due to the influence of his own doubts painting lies about his future.

The scene with the red reaver, that's called the Kain Reaver, you can actually wield it by entering a cheat, I have done this myself. It is not the Fire Reaver. This scene is foreshadowing a future scene, but not the one at Janos' citadel, it is actually mimmicking....

*MAJOR SPOILER*

The FINAL scene in the entire Legacy of Kain series, where it is Kain standing on the rooftop wielding a Raziel Reaver. You see the time windows showed a twisted version of what would actually happen, making Raz's absorbtion of Ariel look viscious, and switching the roles of Kain and Raz in the final scene.

Look at every window and you will see an event that does happen in the series, only altered slightly, to throw you off. Or rather, to throw Raziel off. These manipulations are obviously an attempt to sway Raziel's judgment as these events unfold, to make him doubt himself.

The Founder

Aug 09, 07 at 3:47pm
stevied9366

*SPOILER*

The Reason it shows Raziel With a red reaver, striking down Ariel and facing Kain is because it is forshadowing.

In SR2, Raziel is seen at the top of Janos' retreat with the fire reaver. Similar to the vision in the Chronoplast.

In Defiance Raziel faces Kain in Avernus, similar to the vision, and he obtains the spirit reaver by absobing Ariel's soul in The Spirit Forge.

Thus, the events are not what WOULD happen, but what WILL happen.

Mar 22, 07 at 2:07pm
Legardored

Turel was taken back in time by the Dimension Guardian and the Time Guardian, you fight him in Difiance.

And to answer the question Raziel would not have turned into a winged race like Janos and he would not have turned into a Winged Kain. He would have Devolved like the rest of the clan but chances are he would have tuned into a Beehtmoth type monster (A giant bat in other words) because him and his brethern were not fully turned like other vampires.

Jun 19, 06 at 3:24pm
Raziel 14

in answer to the earlier question, Turel was capture and taken to averness cathedral raziel has to fight him in Legacy Of Kain: Defiance

Jun 06, 02 at 4:53am
_Tifa_

I don't think that Raziel would have become one of the Winged Race ike Janos. He was already devianted. I think he would have ended up like a winged Kain.

May 31, 02 at 4:37am
Alternativ05

I think he simple would have evolved into the rare Winged Vampire race, as Janos is.

May 30, 02 at 11:06pm
Necrin

I think it would have been cooler if the portals showed what whould have happened Raziel if had not been thrown into the abyss. I think he is stronger in his new form but it would be nice to see what he would have evolved into.

May 30, 02 at 6:35pm
Uziel

Technical explanation: They likely didn't want to render new scenes for the time portals, so they left the old ones in. That's the main reason Turel's still in SR: They couldn't redo the opening CG to take him out, even though he was no longer in the game.

Storyline explanation: I always looked at it as those windows showing one possible future. Raziel kills Ariel (again ), kills Kain, and uses his enhanced abilities to destroy every vampire. Kain sees this outcome and, of course, doesn't like it, so he sets out to change it. Hence we end up with a sorta-incomplete storyline ending with Kain travelling to the past, rather than fighting Raziel to the death.

May 30, 02 at 2:30pm
Necrin

Those portals were showing Raziels possible future. It looked like he would become an even bigger tyrant than Kain. It might happen I haven't played Soul Reaver 2.