Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Tachyon: The Fringe » Internet Play » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 09, 09 at 7:06am
Lefty2001

Great to hear other folks are interested in Tachyon: The Fringe as a multiplayer game (even though the game was released in 2000). I just downloaded the game for $14.99 from the official site at NovaLogic (Google: "Tachyon: The Fringe official site").

It appears that multiplayer games can be hosted at the NovaWorld server, either as "NovaWorld Games," "Public Games," or "Password Games." A multiplayer game can also be be played on a LAN/IPX server. Finally, the game allows you to act as a host (on your own server as a "Public Game"?).

I realize this is an older game, but it's exactly the type of combat space sim I've been looking for: easy to learn, includes funny elements, and involves being social - in this case, the capacity to voicechat with other pilots. I only have a notebook, though, so in order for me to do that, I'd have to spring for a USB-connected keypad, and I'm on a tight budget.

If we can get a number of people organized here, or if one of you has any idea as to how to spread the word through Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc., I'm all ears.

Thanks so much. I look forward to multiplayer games with you soon.

P.S. - You should be able to try out the newest version for 60 days at www.download.com. CNET certifies its downloads as virus, malware, and spyware free. You might, however, still get a warning from your antivirus program for whatever reason because the NovaLogic site has a "poor repuation". When I downloaded the game, I scanned all the files (including both set-up files and those in program folders) and found no threats.

Oct 09, 07 at 12:20am
BtoHutch

Hey man, the same thing just happen to me, and I was checking and it needs a patch bc novaworld servers moved to a new location, unfortunely servers still down, I guess they havent get the whole things moved there yet.

This game rox on multiplayer, stay in touch guys, I still have hope that online server come up again, peace.

Jan 03, 07 at 10:25pm
Koruptdeath

Hey, after 6 years I found this CD lying around and I wonder if this game can still be played on the Internet? Also, if anyone still plays?