Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Age of Empires II: The Conquerors » Favorite Civilization and Why? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 23, 02 at 7:36pmheathen91

Just post your favorite civilization and why you like it. I like the Britons myself, fully upgraded and in swarms, their longbowmen can kill anything from afar:)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 27, 14 at 1:07pm
yoavistein

The best ways for me to fight is turret and naval fighting. A civ that is good on both is the Koreans. Now I know that they are certainly not the best cavalry and seige civ, and they lack quite a few techs, but they are no match in the sea with the Turtle ships to cover on cannon galleons, heavy demolition ships and if its close enough, even fire ships, although the turtles themselves are great with defending the shore. They also have Bombard towers (while lacking bombard cannon, but yea) and some bonuses for towers and other turrets, so if you pack some stone and cover on some villagers, you can have a very good and long lasting barrier.
But, although the koreans are great in sea maps, they are terrible in land. If I am in land, I use the Spanish (quick building, good if you rush ages) or Chinese (again, quick building, and great seige weaponry) to cover myself.
Although, I do rely on people who will spend units to attack me, because I barely do try to come to others in fear that they filled their area with units and turrets. My weakness is people sitting on nearby lands and making camps- I'm no good with seige weapon strategies. I just send some rams hoping that they will not be destroyed.

Dec 13, 14 at 5:45am
connorkadenlee

Its all situational. For land dominated maps, it is definately the huns. The fact that you dont need to build houses means that you can pump out villigers and militia from the dark ages, and have the best defence and offensive capabilities from the start, and gather more recources than anyone. This is nice later in The game too because it saves on wood.

If its on a water dominated map though, it's wihought a doubt the vikings. Tey are absolute monsters on the sea, compleetly unchallenged by any other civ, even the koreans. On land they lack, but if you have the support of water, especially rivers, then with the right strategy, you just decimate the coasts. I usually send a wave of the cannon gallions around, to destroy defensive and offensive buildings and docks, then set my troops onto land with the support of longboats from shore. From there i just build a TC, some barracks and archery range, and a siege workshop and the enemies come rushing to me, only to be decimated by my offshore long boats before they can do any damage. Wait untill their army is exaughsted, then send a wave of onagers to weaken any defenses left, then my champions and arablasts to take care of the rest, with the support of trebuchets. With the right strategy the vikings could even hold there own on land, though the certainly wouldnt dominate. Ive used this strategy like ten times on online against like 30 different enemies and it worked, and works on offline too.

Nov 03, 14 at 6:10pm
Karl Edward

I like Saracens fully upgraded Elite Mameluke backed up with hand cannoneers and siege onagers.☺

Aug 22, 14 at 7:46am
Da Penetrator

Chinese, because the fast early economy, better farms, techs cost less, and most of all: CHU KO NU! I love this unit, 50 of them shoot 150 arrows!

May 13, 14 at 6:45pm
will fredzfrog

Think about it like a prof player!
1. huns dont need to build houses and have very cheap cavalry archers (30~35%) less to purchase.
so in turn they are a good micro manageable rushing civ
2. The Goth civ has a very fast infantry production bonus (larger army quicker)
so in turn they are good to field large armies and works well if you boom to keep production queues full
3. Britons long bowmen are a very good defensive unit alongside Britons powerful towers and castles
good for booming/defensive roles (basically the support member in a team vs match)

Apr 18, 14 at 3:08am
Caporal Dxl

My favorites are spanish , cause I love cavalry and bowman/xbow man.

Apr 06, 14 at 10:08am
ishi0

Persians and tuetions are you mad! byzantines of course go to scenario catataphract v any teution warrior who wins? cataphract

Apr 01, 14 at 11:16am
hopeThisNamesNotTake

Spanish are my go to. The conquistadors r fast n have good range, as well their monks ride donkeys lol I feel the conquistadors are hands down the best. 30 of them with some akilled mouse clicking u can take down most with minimal casualties

Mar 22, 14 at 1:06pm
Zamadomix

My favourite civilization is definitely the Aztecs
The best infantry, jaguar warriors are extremely powerful, they have the best monks, and also they have bonuses that make them very resourceful.
Not to mention whenever jaguar warriors are too slow, there are eagle warriors which are almost as powerful and are very very fast (they can even outrun most cavalry units).

Jan 29, 14 at 8:24am
DevDev

I meant to saty french have powerful cavlary lol