Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jul 25, 06 at 6:01pmNation

Has anyone see this show, it is one Sundays at 7.35pm BBC2 or Mondays 11pm BBC3. Not sure about the US.

Cast
Josh Radnor .... Ted Mosby
Jason Segel .... Marshall Eriksen
Cobie Smulders .... Robin Scherbatsky
Neil Patrick Harris .... Barney Stinson
Alyson Hannigan .... Lily Aldrin

Plot
Every episode starts in the year 2030 when Adult Ted is telling his 2 children storys about his friends in the year 2005. It then cuts to the year 2005 where the episode continues.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 28, 14 at 6:23pm
Justin

Please use season nine for any discussion regarding newer episodes. I'll leave this thread open in case of any discussion pertaining to past seasons, etc. Thanks.

Jan 28, 14 at 1:59am
TheButcher99999

I'm slightly in love with the mother myself.

Jan 27, 14 at 10:06pm
Nathan

for anyone up to date with the current season, today's episode was brilliant. nearly teared up a few times haha.

May 16, 13 at 12:48am
The Hazard

I think they could pull this off

It's not a conventional approach, but neither was this storyline as a whole either. it might come across better than it sounds. I'm sure the producers thought of the time pacing issue right on the heels of this idea.

May 16, 13 at 12:36am
Golden Miru warrior

She looks a LOT like younger Alyson Hannigan, haha. People are nitpicking because they consider it a big moment and don't know what else to do but squabble. She's been on screen for all of fifteen seconds. What I'm looking forward to most about this coming season is seeing her charm come out in the scenes where she meets the rest of the cast. I doubt I'll be watching every week, but that hasn't happened since s4 anyway.

May 16, 13 at 12:32am
Mouldy Cheese

I'm just going to wait and see how the next season turns out! After that ending they'll have to start us off with something pretty impressive.

A lot of people seem to be saying she's funny looking. Sure, her features are a bit different, but that's not bad- I think she's cute as hell! I can just see lily loving her from the get go

May 16, 13 at 12:10am
The Living Angelus

Good to see you descend even further into the trolling just to appease your own simpleton ego. Typical Kaiba behavior. You just keep crying about it all Summer long there junior. Meanwhile, the adults amongst us who enjoy the show here will just continue to remain optimistic that Season 9 will be as enjoyable as the past 8 have been and have faith the producers know what they're doing, seeing as they've done a fine job thus far handling all the continuity and back & forth storytelling for eight seasons.

May 16, 13 at 12:01am
Kaiba

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler has now confirmed for TVLine that Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.”
This sounds like the stupidest thing ever.

May 15, 13 at 11:26pm
The Living Angelus

Didn't once say people couldn't have an opinion. Didn't once say people couldn't go in depth talking about their show. Where you even come up with that notion considering the giant blog-like reviews I write about after watching episodes on Neo, is silly of you to even suggest, but it's just a reflection to your character and how you play "the victim" whenever people disagree with you. Stop crying kid. What I do find stupid about the criticism is entirely that, what you're choosing to complain about. All we know is the final season will deal with the "longest wedding weekend ever".

Has it not been apparent to you for two seasons now we've been dealing with the entire "Weekend Wedding" already? Season 8 started out at the end of the wedding with Ted at the train station, where he meets the mother. All we know is the season will deal with those final two-three days of the event, with more than likely flashbacks and flashfowards all throughout the season with the Mother interacting with everyone, but Ted. That's it. That's still a lot to cover in one season. Why some of you, well just you here, are making it seem like it's the end of the world and the show's "jumped the shark" is absurdly ridiculous.

I countered your "stupidest thing ever" remark with some valid points, and like the typical child you are, you came back with a spoiled child-like response with "it's stupid because this... it's stupid because this... it's stupid because this... rabble rabble rabble!!". I'm not even going to point out how childish this behavior is of you, because it's typical Kaiba behavior.

I just find it premature of you and others to quickly call the idea "stupid", and that's based on how this show is structured and how they address the story telling on Ted's part with his side-tracking of stories leading to other stories. Of course I wont be successful convincing with you. I can't fix stupid people. See, now you can further continue accusing me of being "mean" to you, now that I've actually made a statement that was deliberately rude. You're so focused on the Hypotheticals and what should happen over how things are going to happen. Which none of us know. There's no way for any of us to know how they plan to handle the "56 hour crunch time" and therefore it's stupid to even complain about at this time. That's what's stupid about your argument. If you don't want people countering what you put down on a public message board, I'd suggest to write a private blog about it then, because this whole "stop attacking my opinion" attitude and defense of yours is grade school behavior.

May 15, 13 at 10:46pm
Kaiba

Pretty much everything you said could be accomplished without the 56 hour time crunch. It's the time crunch that makes it stupid.

I admit that we don't actually need to see what happens after he meets her. But the reason I'm saying that this is what should happen is because there's an entire season that needs to be filled with episodes, and I would prefer it if they were filled with "dating the mother" rather than "this all happens in a couple days".

So, assuming we exclude the "what happens after" aspect what they should have done was not have a ninth season at all. The wedding should have been the end of this season, as an hour long episode that comes a week after the finale we ended up with. It should have been a great big episode where all of the questions raised are resolved (Marshall and Lily's Italy/Judge thing, Robin's locket...), they get married, Ted then proceeds to take off, but just as he does he meets the mother. We then get a couple lines of dialogue from them both and finally a smile from Ted that lets you know that he's not going to Chicago because he already likes this girl.

Something along those lines would have been acceptable. Yes, I would have been sad that we wouldn't get to see their relationship develop or get to learn more about the mother. And I am glad that we will get to learn about her now in season 9. But I stand by my statement that they are doing it in the stupidest way possible.

quote The Living Angelus
The only thing as stupid as those complaining already about Season 9 are those who hit up Twitter and blogs after Monday night to bitch about the Mother and how she's not "Super model hot" (really people; shallow much?) and how they're disappointed it's not Robin. Are these people seriously that *bleep*ing stupid? That after 8 seasons of them saying in the show, after the very first episode even, that the mother isn't Robin, they're still hoping it'll be Robin.
The mother may not be what I expected, but I'd say she's attractive. Also I find it quite funny that there are people who still thought the mother would be Robin.

quote The Living Angelus
even though you're pro at bitching about frivolous things
I've made it into an art form.

To be honest, I just feel like anything is worth "bitching" about if you've formed a solid opinion about it. I would make a point about how I don't actually bitch about things, but I realize you only said that because you thought it might be fun to be mean to me again. At any rate, I don't see why I'm not allowed to have a heated discussion about How I Met Your Mother in a thread about How I Met Your Mother? What exactly is the point of having the thread if you're going to try and get down on people who are willing to get fanboy crazy about it?

It's not like I said my life is ruined because of how they have chosen to do season 9. There is nothing wrong with people getting serious about their favorite shows. God forbid you ever attend a convention of any kind. You'll think you've stumbled into a room full of Kaibas. So many people acting so serious about something that doesn't actually matter? Your head just might explode. It's unthinkable!

Here's some free advice for you: Don't criticize people for going more in depth about a show they like than "here's what I thought about the latest episode". There actually isn't a problem with someone expressing their dislike for a decision made by the showrunner. And there certainly isn't a need for you to come along and do everything you can to tell them why they are wrong. This is shameful behavior, TLA. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even me. And my opinion is that it's a stupid move. I will tell you right now that it is impossible to convince me otherwise. The only thing that can do that is season 9 airing on my television.

Abandon this pointless quest to eliminate any opinion I hold that differs from yours. You will not be successful.