Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Lupe Fiasco » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jul 21, 06 at 3:47pmBANDITO ATTACK

Mixtapes

* Fahrenheit 1/15 Part I: The Truth Is Among Us
* Fahrenheit 1/15 Part II: Revenge Of The Nerds
* Fahrenheit 1/15 Part III: A Rhyming Ape
* Lupe Fiasco: Touch The Sky (Hosted by DJ E Nyce)
* Lupe The Jedi
* Nerds In Paradise
* DigitalJunkeez.com Presents... Lupe Fiasco "The Great"
* DJ Green Lantern Presents Fort Minor: We Major (featured on tracks 8 and 11)

Featured

* 2006: Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Original Soundtrack) (track 10 Tilted)
* 2006: NBA Live 2006 (Original Soundtrack) (Tilted)
* 2006: HipHopSite.com Presents... Preemptive Hype Vol. 13 (track 1 Kick Push (Radio Version))
* 2006: Rise Of The Phynx

CD Singles/Promo CDs

* 2006: Kick Push (CD Single)
* 2006: Selections From Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor (Sampler)

Studio Albums

* 2006: Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor (1st & 15th/Atlantic Records)

He is to release his debut album, Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor, on Atlantic Records in spring 2006. He released a preview track for the album in August 2005, named "Kick, Push," which showcased his interest in skateboarding. He has released three mixtapes titled, "Fahrenheit 1/15 Part(s) 1, 2, & 3," and has been featured on songs and mixtapes with Fort Minor, such as "Spraypaint & Inkpens" featuring Ghostface Killah. Fort Minor's frontman Mike Shinoda also produces songs on Food & Liquor, including The Instrumental, which was incorrectly labeled Never Lies when it was leaked on the internet. The album 'Food & Liquor' that was scheduled to be released on June 27th, 2006 was released on the internet as an unfinished and unmastered album and is now being heavily bootlegged months before its release date. It is speculated that Lupe plans to add 5 more tracks to "Food & Liquor" and put it out as planned on August. 29, 2006. Lupe also is featured on Rise of the Phynx: The Mixtape where he and Jet Phynx rap over Gorillaz's songs "Can You Feel It", and "Kids With Guns"

In an interview with XXL magazine, Fiasco said that he was a devout Muslim, and therefore does not drink, smoke or use profanity on a regular basis. In a January 2006 interview with Allhiphop.com, Fiasco made similar remarks about the importance of religion in his life, noting "Well, I was born Muslim, so Islam plays a part in my everything I do, to a certain extent...I don't go to clubs, I don't drink, I don't smoke, you know like my whole – the whole groupie situation is shut down." His faith is also highlighted in his critically acclaimed underground remix of friend and collaborator Kanye West's "Jesus Walks" entitled "Muhammad Walks".

While on tour during the summer of 2006, Lupe announced that the release date for his debut album will be delayed until mid September of 2006.

I'm kind of surprised.. the best rapper to come out of the mainstream in quite some time, and no discussion on him. I'm not sure exactly how mainstream he's been, but Kick Push was played quite a lot around here for a while.

I haven't heard any of the mixtapes, or bootlegs yet, but Food & Liquor is really good. I'd recommend Never Lies, Just Might Be Okay, and No Place to Go to anyone interested in him.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 21, 15 at 4:07pm
Wakaman

adoration of the magi is so good man, so many different concepts woven into this track it truly is exceptional.

Kid Clutch yeah this album is why i can't give kendrick album of the year.

it's telling how good of an album this is when an immense track like mural isn't even part of the top 5 tracks in it.

can't even begin to describe how excited i am for skulls and the cool 2.

kinda hurt nobody even talked about this album here though.

Nov 21, 15 at 12:30pm
Kid Clutch

the love's still there... album dropped at the top of the year and I still rate it as the best LP this year so far.

yes, tetsuo & youth is pretty amazing, especially with the somber way hip-hop's forefront seems to have gone this year. Mazinger is a dope track, for some reason I hadn't made the connection Wakaman cheers

Big fan of Prisoner, moreso part I than part II but don't get me wrong, I understand how part II comes into play within the idea behind this track. I was pretty stoked when I heard it in the initial trailer for Creed

dots & lines, I have no idea why I dodged this track at first. I listened to it sparingly, now it's on my top played tunes on my phone.

another sleeper for me was madonna. one of those tracks that absolutely needed a music video along with it, I was literally holding my breath until there was finally was one... not what I expected too, but again, there are so many directions you could go with a track like that

no scratches = killer. ty nikki jean. vry vry nice. chopper = another good 'un. sometimes it's fun to just enjoy those monstrous feature tracks, and I'm glad Lupe is still giving trae the truth some love

adoration of the magi, you get to fully appreciate it once you understand the chorus. and my goodness the third verse... neo needs a flame smiley, seriously he ate that track

but I just have to mention one thing. I am still appalled they did not include Lilieson the album. I know it made the Lost in the Atlantic EP but that song is just TOO GOOD not to be on an album. this song has just scorched my top 3 all time Lupe songs, which is a big feat. *bleep*

another gift he dropped right after T&Y is atomic misphilosophy. poignant lyrics, nice cadence. has that great american album 2 feel I notice

haven't listened to all of pharaoh height for some ungodly reason but I like what I heard. all in all, I'm not just happy that Lupe is beastin, but more than that I definitely think the game right now needs him, as well as other emcees likened to him. keep this shit marinatin

Nov 18, 15 at 3:07pm
Wakaman

man what a ride these few mo.ths have been. lost in the atlantic tracks brought me faith that lupe was not gonna have atlantic *bleep* with his music as much anymore and nikki jean making a return.

mazinger teases daydreamin in the intro.

and then ofcourse tetsuo and youth is a *bleep*ing masterpiece. the palette cleansing seasonal tracks add so much to the tracks within the seasons. mural is everything rap god wanted to be but couldn't achieve.

blur my hands is the best *bleep* you i will ever hear. *bleep* atlantic.

prisoner 1/2 is such a great piece man.

dots and lines puts me in sich a happy mood i damn near cried when i first heard it.

NIKKI JEAN IS BACK ON A LUPE ALBUM. yes lawd.

adoration of the magi has probably the best hook on the album and those verses dios mio. slay me wasalu.

this album to me is his best album to date, yes even better than the cool.

has been in constant rotaion since it dropped and i'm so glad anonymous threatened atlantic we finally got a great lupe album again.

and then if this wasn't enough this great mofo drops drizzy's law on us for that slidon in ya girls dm music.

and then he blesses us with pharoah height 2/30 which features some crazy rapping.

lupe back and the indie road is looking amazing.

May 18, 14 at 2:44pm
Oogity_Boogity_Boo

They're promoting this as the first single from Tetsuo & Youth, so apparently Old School Love has been either scrapped or put as a bonus track. Dope song though, cool message. Lupe sounds like he's hungry again.

Mar 7, 14 at 9:28pm
Oogity_Boogity_Boo

Also, if anyone here is a Lupe fan but hasn't heard, he's recently released 4 songs other than Thorns & Horns.

THOT 97
$nitches (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
$nitches 2 (30s)
DopeBoysAtAllStarWeekend (feat. Gizzle)

Lupe wasn't lying when he said he was making music that was ratchet with a Lupe twist.

Mar 7, 14 at 12:18pm
Kid Clutch

They both went in. plus a lil back and forth in the third verse. superb.

Oct 21, 13 at 7:07pm
Wakaman

quote Oogity_Boogity_Boo
Lupe also wants to work with Pitbull for it. So there's that.
That's easily remedied tbh, just edit the sumbitch out the track.

Also not sure if you all noticed Lupe Fiasco has a song with Ed Sheeran out. So there's also that.

Oct 21, 13 at 7:01pm
Oogity_Boogity_Boo

Big KRIT confirmed to be involved with Tetsuo & Youth somehow.

Lupe also wants to work with Pitbull for it. So there's that.

Sep 22, 13 at 6:38am
Wakaman

Goddamn Lupe has been on a roll. I can't stop listening to Piece of Paper/Cup of Jayzus.

Sep 18, 13 at 5:40pm
Oogity_Boogity_Boo

Lupe and Ab-Soul were in the studio today. We'll see what comes of it. Maybe they were working on some music, maybe not.