Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » Forum Feedback » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!

hideOriginal Post

Jul 07, 06 at 5:12pmSolitaire

Yeah, not the greatest title, it will most likely get changed later on. =/

I've been wanting to do this for awhile now but wasn't quite sure how I wanted to organize it. With all the recent changes I've been making in the forum I thought now would be a good idea to get off my fanny and get this started. ^^;

Ok, now you are all wondering what the heck I am talking about. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place where the forum members & guests can discuss things in the forum. If you have any suggestions to improve the forum or wish to offer any constructive feedback on any changes made or just in general on how things have been in this forum here is the place to do so.

Likewise, if you have any concerns / questions about the forum and the way it is run, and would like the feedback of your peers (which you can't get with a PM) then by all means post it here. An example of which could include a clarification on a forum rule.

I will also use this thread to make any announcements that effect this forum.

To start things off, some of you have probably noticed a few changes already, namely the un-floating of 2 threads (Manga Discussion & Anime Announcements). In the past the super moderators always seemed to be of the opinion that the fewer sticky threads the better. Thus those two threads have been chosen to be un-stickied, however links for them as well as a link to the Anime GD have been added to the Forum Header courtesy of my Co-Moderator VeGiTAX2.

• Originally the Manga Discussion thread was stickied as an experiment to see how much interest people had in discussing manga, because at the time people weren't sure where to discuss Manga and we didn't have any manga title threads available to work with. With a growing list of manga titles, and a growing awareness that posting about manga in this forum is perfectly acceptable, the Manga GD isn't needed as some kind of sign post anymore.

• As for Anime Announcements, the thread wasn't making much of an impact as a sticky and was frequently overlooked. I'm hoping that by unsticky-ing it that it will actually generate more interest whenever someone makes a time relevant post and it pops back up to the top of the forum.

• There has been another change made, or rather an alteration, that I doubt most people are aware of. I've been working on up-dating the Title Index (*Laughs sheepishly at the folks that are no doubt saying, "About damn time"). In addition to slowly adding in titles I may have overlooked, I've been adding links to previous incarnations of threads that have generated more then 1 discussion thread. No this has not been completed, and yes I am still working on it. I would appreciate any feedback on how the indexes look, and how useful you find them. If you have any suggestions for improving them, by all means post that here.

.: Super Moderators :.

Ren of Heavens

Sonic Flash

.: Forum Moderators :.

This message was edited by Animalover(40163) on 2012-07-31T22:30:46-07:00.[/size]
  • Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 10, 15 at 8:54pm

I'd say do a little background editing and we'd have a Ciel here that knows what's up.

Jul 05, 15 at 1:52pm
    Ciel Phantomhive

Jul 04, 15 at 4:23pm

Shin Ra I'm no good at working at pixel levels xD.

Fluidity Ahaha. Japan in general, eh? Hmm I might set up a thread to go for a badge hunt. I know I'm not that great with working on small areas so maybe talented neomembers can help contribute.

Jul 04, 15 at 9:24am

Onigiri, shinai, bokken, katana, chopsticks, chibis, anime logos, emotes, etc. Lots of opinions!

Jul 04, 15 at 8:56am
    Shin Ra

quote Amy
    Shin Ra Hmm, ye that is a good idea but I don't know what kind of 30px icons will look good around here. Any ideas in mind? o3o

Characters and logos from animes! Tbh they don't look too great that small though, they'd have to be drawn by one of you skilled artists

Jul 04, 15 at 7:45am

Shin Ra Hmm, ye that is a good idea but I don't know what kind of 30px icons will look good around here. Any ideas in mind? o3o

Jul 04, 15 at 5:39am
    Shin Ra

I think it'd be good if we had little forum badges to choose from like the other neoseeker communities do

Apr 21, 15 at 5:12pm

quote Aurora
    Amy, Mastix

Reckon you could fix these link colours?

Done. No idea why I changed the colors there. Absolutely no clue. Thanks for the request. Sorry it took so damn long.

Mar 14, 15 at 2:30am

quote Mastix
    Are there any opposition voices? Pokemaniac, why do you think it should be official protocol? My worry with that is that it shuts down discussion of second seasons if no one has created the thread yet. I don't want people to not post because no one has bothered to create a second season thread. The way I envision this is "If someone felt it was worth the effort to create a thread, I don't want to stop them. If they don't think it's worth creating a thread, they can post where there's available space already."
    Well, mostly for the same reasons that Aurora came up with, but there's also the fact that there's less confusion as to exactly what is being discussed in a certain thread, that way the discussion for all specific seasons could be going on at the same time, while preventing the aforementioned confusion without needing those pesky spoiler tags everywhere. As of course there will always be the basic discussion and comparison between previous seasons and such.

As for your point about the creation of threads, well I think it could also boost the activity in that respect, if we encourage the creation of threads for new seasons, then I'm sure someone will be up for it. And well, if there's not then the discussion could continue in the previous thread until someone is willing to create a thread for the next season.

Aurora - Yay, I need this.

Mar 11, 15 at 2:44pm

Aurora Go for it o3o~. Hopefully there would be enough activity to keep it floating for a while.