Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Classic Gaming » Introduce yourselves! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Classic Gaming Forum. Please note that you are an unregistered guest.
You can register here.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 07, 02 at 4:56pmnocturnal_wolf

Ok I'll start,

Interests: classic games, 2d fighting games and cars!

Biography:A loner, it's said that whoever drives with him will end up in an accident.

Fav quote: Beat the shi* out of them before they beat the shi* out of YOU!!

note: Guys plz don't spam in here, I'll delete any useless posts.

I'll keep this a floating thread.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 04, 14 at 12:09am
Emilyhust

hello everyone! nice to meet you

Mar 20, 14 at 12:19pm
Rob Roy

Name: Rob
Interests: Mountain biking, shooting, working, breeding, gaming
Consoles Owned: Atari, NES, SNES, PSX, XBOX, XBOX 360
Favorite Game Genre: Strategy, business sim (Sim City on SNES was one of the best!), RTS, MMOs, really anything
Favorite game of all time: Dig Dug

Sep 03, 13 at 1:34am
NeoGeoThai

Hello , I'm NeoGeoThai , French , living in Thailand and I collect consoles.
I'm in contact with the official SEGA reseller in Thailand , they have lots of brand new unsold Megadrive 2 and brand new games sleeping for the last 18 years in their warehouse !!!
I hope I can post it here somewhere....
I already post them on some retro websites to sell.

Apr 17, 13 at 5:20am
willamschristina

Hello Friends!!
This is Williams..Nice to be the part of this community.

Apr 12, 13 at 2:56am
drift_shifter8

Name: Latrell
Interest: Cars, Drifting, Girls, Video Games, and Writing
Hobbies: Playing basketball, baseball and collecting toy cars.

Mar 15, 13 at 12:43am
Anthony

Gamer! Old school and new school!!

check out my youtube feed 408Rockstar

I have games from gears of war to bullet storm to N64 starfox and much more to come.

Feb 15, 13 at 1:06am
steviemrtd

Almost 11 years after this started,

Sup homebreyy

Going on 17 now. Vintage gammer mainly. Gotta love those DOS graphics.

Aspiring programmer or engineer. Boring life~

So hey~

Oct 16, 12 at 4:00am
priyawilson

Hey friend
I am new here. I really very happy to join this site.
name ;- priya
age 19

http://picnic.anantagroup.com/botanix-nature-resort-damdama-lake/

Jun 10, 12 at 10:14pm
namayake

Hey all! I just wanted to say 'hi' & introduce myself. My name is Gabe. I'm a 30-something retro-gaming enthusiast & at one point was a collector, but can no longer afford the cost of acquiring & maintaining actual hardware. Regardless, I haven't let it stop me. Emulation of course, keeps my hobby alive. And I love seeing new games come out for or are inspired by older systems, by all the avid hobbyists & professionals that still adore the systems of yesteryear.

My first system was the Atari 2600, which my father won as the prize for being the top salesman on the car lot he worked on. It was one of numerous prizes he won for various contests on the multitude of car dealerships he worked for over the years. I have fond memories of playing games like Combat, Pitfall & Pitfall II, Enduro Racer, Ms. Pacman & others, but I was far more enamored of computers & the NES.

My father eventually went onto networking & computer sales and we got a family pc--an IBM AT 286 clone. It only had a monochrome screen with Hercules graphics adapter & wasn't so hot for playing games. I remember using some program that somehow tricked the PC into thinking it had a CGA adapter, & allowed you to use CGA games & apps on it. Regardless, everything I had was shareware & pretty much sucked. Eventually I did some odd jobs at my father's business & saved up enough money to buy a VGA adapter. I got in trouble many a time after that for missing chores, playing games like Quest For Glory I-III, Space Quest I-V, King's Quest 5-6, The Red Baron, Wing Commander, etc.

Eventually I also got my own NES, though for years I would brag to everyone how much better my PC games were than the ones people were playing on the NES. Still, PC games were expensive, I didn't know all that many people who had new PC games I could copy, & the hardware requirements for newer games got steeper & steeper as they came out. It became a serious battle to have enough funds for both new games AND new hardware. Eventually I just gave up. With an NES I could just rent all my games & not worry about having to buy them all or new hardware upgrades.

A few years later, I got myself an SNES for similar reasons, not to mention it had seemingly amazing games like Super Mario World.

It took me a while to figure out my favorite game generes. As a kid I loved Sierra adventure games, but as I got older they started to lose some of their charm. I discovered in fact my favorites are western rpg's (& the odd jrpg, though primarily action/rpg hybrids)& metroidvania's. I love the Metroid series of games, but really, ANY metroidvania is fine for me, as long as it's good (Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kane? Hello!). And the picture for my profile avatar is ripped straight out of one of my all time favorite DOS rpg's, Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos.

These days, as I mentioned, I can't really afford the classic gaming hobby hardware-wise, so I do most of my classic gaming via emulation. But what peeks my interest even more these days, rather than just playing the classics, is new games made for or inspired by classic systems. I've recently been playing a buggy but highly enjoyable freeware title for PC called "Treasure Adventure Game". It's a dynamite metroidvania, inspired by classic game consoles like the NES and Sega Master System. If you can put up with the bugs & get it to run, I'd highly recommend it. Otherwise there's others like Lyle In Cube Scector, Akuji The Demon, Cave Story, etc.

Anyway, if you made it this far, thank you for reading my intro! If you'd like to swap stories of what's happening in the classic & classics inspired game dev scene, hit me up! I'm always looking for more things to get my hands on & happy to share what I know, & knew things as I discover them.

Jun 07, 11 at 4:04pm
Dackalu

My name is Tyler. I'm 19 years old, outgoing, athletic, and are a hardcore gamer. I love both new and old games, but nothing beats the classics to me. Some of my favorites from back in the day are MetalStorm, Chrono Trigger, Megaman, Ninja Warriors, Castlevania (NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1 and the new remake versions), Final Fantasy (V and VI in particular), Actraiser, and Metroid, to name a few. Some of my favorite newer games are Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Sacred 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat 9, and MK Vs. DCU. I am hardcore into music also, and I am easy to get along with, and look foreward to meeting you all.