Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker » Discovered a little trick in Tower of the Gods » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Wooden Shield Beedle Boomerang Bow and Arrow Cucco Cat Clawshot Dark Triforce Deku Shield Power Din Ezlo Courage Farore Forest Minish Defeated Link Hero Bow Hookshot Blue Rupee Link Link Master Sword Minish Link Navi Wisdom Nayru Pendant of Courage Pendant of Power Pendant of Wisdom Zelda Scattershot Spinner Slingshot Triforce Triforce Link Vaati Windwaker Master Sword Zelda Zill

hideOriginal Post

May 01, 06 at 3:48pmJohnLRush

I don't know the name of the room but FAQ calls it one of the most difficult to do. On the bottom floor, the room has several floating boxes. You have to light your stick then jump from one box to another while the tide is up to eventually reach the other side, light the torches and the chest appears. I spent a good 2 hours but finally got it. My girlfriend spent a good 3 hours but still failed until we learned this trick...

Light the stick. Jump to box 1 and 2. Then jump to the box on the far right. From there throw the burning stick. If you aim correctly, the stick will light one of the torches from there. My g/f did it the first time. The stick you just threw might land on the platform. Use it or get another one and simply walk to the box in front of the platform. The tide rises, jump to the platform, light your stick from one torch to light the other. This took her about one minute. Did anyone else do it this way?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 05, 12 at 3:59am
yayayayayayayayay

It took me 2 1/2 minutes to complete!! First playthrough no faqs......

Jun 19, 06 at 9:58pm
Link Speck

quote StarrKnight
wow you had trouble with that, that was pretty easy lol i just lined em up and jumped over took me about 2 trys
Wow! It took me 1 shot!

Jun 19, 06 at 9:53pm
StarrKnight

wow you had trouble with that, that was pretty easy lol i just lined em up and jumped over took me about 2 trys

Jun 17, 06 at 1:38am
PooOnShu

Alright, hasn't the guy been humiliated enough?

Jun 12, 06 at 5:55pm
miscwi

Yah no offense but I got through in about 2 minutes. What I did............

When the tide went down I jumped down to the bottem and pushed the one block over so it lined up to the rest of them. I got to the "shore" (or whatever), got a stick on fire, and just jumped across the boxes to the other side.... EASY...

Jun 12, 06 at 4:09am
zero strikes back

he does have the right to brag... it took me a while to get past it...

May 09, 06 at 2:04pm
fiftysixbowtie

Well aren't you special. What are you, 10? You act like it.

May 07, 06 at 10:28pm
naruto_679

I can't believe it took some of you guys thatlong! (ROFL!!!) It only took me about 5-7 minutes! And I didn't use a walkthrough or cheat! So...

HA HA!!!

May 03, 06 at 7:27pm
JohnLRush

I think this is funny too. Once I tried to carry the torch to the last box but when the tide rose, the water put out the fire. Ya know, even FAQ say to practice the jumps over and over even without the torches in hand until you get it right. I think the person who wrote FAQ didn't move the boxes either. There is another room where you pick up a box and place it on a spot while the tide is down but that move is obvious. I challenge anyone to go back into that room and do it without moving the boxes. Let us know how you did. Surely some of you have nothing better to do. LOL.

May 03, 06 at 7:12pm
PooOnShu

Hehe that's funny. I tried jumping across the boxes as they were one time, and when that didn't work, I just moved them. It can be tricky getting them so the torch doesn't go out in the water when you jump across, but you could also only jump across the boxes when the water is down, then ride the last box up with the tide and then make the last jump to the torches.

Isn't there another room in there where you have to move the boxes around to get to a treasure chest when the water goes up?