Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy Tactics » WANTED DEAD: Traveling band of monks. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If your message involves or pertains to several games of the Final Fantasy series, and not this game specifically, please post it within the General Final Fantasy Forum instead.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Feb 02, 06 at 5:59pmcopkilla

Last seen around Grog Hill.There is a traveling band of about eleven monks around grog hill.Levels are about level 20 to 50.be careful around grog hill.If you kill this menace I will personaly send you 20 dollars.I was level 32 with orlandu and four ninjas with armor and they wiped us out.I didn't kill a single one of them.Kill them and you are a god of FFT.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 20, 12 at 11:31am
Kylander

really guys. yeah, they killed me a couple of times, but only when I was in intentionally weaker classes and was just job leveling. if you are using your primary classes, it should not be that hard.

Jun 09, 11 at 5:14am
TimeNinja

Got my revenge with LVL4HOLY. No contest.

Jun 07, 11 at 3:15am
TimeNinja

These guys just obliterated me, I had in my s2b-dancer mancer, Beowulf, my samurai, my monk, plus my mediator with item/item throw. Not really A-teamers, except for Beo.

It was pretty bad there was like 13 or so. When they get close to you its brutal. They all have black costumes and feather mantles too.

I should never have ran in. If I did it over I would let them back you up and hit them with whatever you can then have good heals in the back, I just had the mediator. I could have approached the thing better, but I played it wrong with that team.

Now, if I had had Ramza, Beo, and Agrias in I would have beaten them badly.

Ninjas are baaadd here, low HP and 'Throw' barely works on any of the monks. You need durability and healing for this match plus making them chase you.

Honestly, if I had Ramza, I would have just Holy-ed them to hell and laughed the whole time.

Dec 26, 08 at 7:27am
Justbeatem@level57

I just beat the living hell out of them. This was the second time I faced them in the last 9 years. The first time I had a "B Squad" team in and hadn't saved in a few battles. I got completely wiped out! Needless to say this time I slaughtered them without any of my characters losing a single hit point! The party was as follows:

Ramza

Guts
Summon Magic
Counter
Two Swords
Move+2

Ninja

Throw
Punch Art
Blade Grasp
Attack Up
Move+3

Samurai

Draw Out
Math Skill (used this to kill 7 of the 11 monks)
Hamedo
Two Swords
Move+3

Ninja (female)

Throw
Steal
Sunken State
Concentrate
Move+2

Lancer

Jump
Elemental
Counter
Defense Up
Move+3

Jun 29, 08 at 7:16pm
checkerlose

quote Freman
Blade Grasp and high brave shoud make their viciousness more manageable.

But then my Monk Ramza and his team of butt kicking monks tends to walk over people just because he's mean.

I'll see how it goes when I get up to them though.
Blade grasp? Last I heard, monks don't use blades...

Feb 08, 06 at 1:26am
Freman

Blade Grasp and high brave shoud make their viciousness more manageable.

But then my Monk Ramza and his team of butt kicking monks tends to walk over people just because he's mean.

I'll see how it goes when I get up to them though.

Feb 07, 06 at 11:29pm
newcomer

Bah. Invite the lot, I say! Then take all their stuff and boot em out.

Feb 05, 06 at 8:49am
garmon

you don't need calculator skills or float boots. i killed them the old fashioned way. it was tough of course. it was a while back though. i'm pretty sure ramza was a master monk and a master in at least 1 other job but he had a gun so i guess they don't really count for all that much lol. i can't really remember much about the rest of my characters but i did have 1 ninja.

i remember once, when i first encountered these super battles, i was trying to train my characters and on the easier battles, just 1 character was usually enough to win and then i had ramza against these 11 monks lol. he died obviously lol.

Feb 03, 06 at 12:32am
Stevebeoulve2

quote copkilla
Last seen around Grog Hill.There is a traveling band of about eleven monks around grog hill.Levels are about level 20 to 50.be careful around grog hill.If you kill this menace I will personaly send you 20 dollars.I was level 32 with orlandu and four ninjas with armor and they wiped us out.I didn't kill a single one of them.Kill them and you are a god of FFT.

They're easy.

First equip 4 Ninjas with Float Shoes and have them with Calculator Skills.

Then have someone strong, like Orlandu, with Float Shoes.

Then concentrate on one, just one, and slowly by slowly they will die.

Feb 02, 06 at 8:31pm
newcomer

Bringing a Mediator is a good idea too. And maybe a couple ninja calculators. Or a Red Chocobo or two if you don't have those.

I actually survived the Chocobo army, and with a full generic party, no less. I should get myself a shirt.