Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy III » Help with Sabin blitz during Vargas fight » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Dec 27, 05 at 5:54pmasdgasDavid

I used to play FF III on the SNES and I just downloaded the ROM and now I am stuck on this battle. When Vargas puts the doom countdown on Sabin and you have to use the blitz attack I dont know at what point to input the < > < A blitz. As soon as I click on blitz, Sabin shines a little light around him and then it almost immediately says 'incorrect blitz input'. The walkthroughs on the site were talking about an cursor appearing when it was time to input, but I havnt seen anything.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 20, 14 at 7:37am
maniabasit731

Finnaly got it...

Press left, right, left WHEN the finger pointer points your character. Then press A button

So.
1. Point to Blitz (not press)
2. Press left then right then left
3. Press A

Thank you all already helping

Nov 08, 13 at 8:35pm
zjloop

Yes! I am also using the ROM on ZSNES and have tried EVERYTHING!!! and I know I'm doing it right (even looked up a video on youtube) but everytime it still says invalide input code or whatever.. If anyone using a ROM version of this game on their computer has figured it out please let me know your secret, otherwise I'm thinking there is a bug or something because I tried slower speeds, using the keyboard instead, and still after 50 tries NOTHING!!

Jun 03, 13 at 1:54pm
bassgdae13

At what point were you taught how to use blitzes? Because there's no way you should just know that you need to use that button combination? Did the game mention blitzes before this point?

Jan 13, 13 at 9:15am
rerax

Thanks!!!

quote Comboz
Correction

1. Point to Blitz (using up-down button)
2. Press A button ONCE
3. left right left (the finger still pointing your char)
4. Press A (to execute Blitz)

Sep 19, 12 at 10:20pm
GuestMatthew

Oh my god!!!!!! i was thinking that light was the curser not the finger before clicking A.

I finally got it.

yeah you point the blitz.

while the finger pointing at your character hit <-- . --> . <-- then A which on normal fight mode selects the one you attack.

so choose blitz. while the flashing hand is showing pointing at the guy's chest type in left, right, left. then A.

not while he is moving (doing the attack)

Jul 23, 12 at 9:39am
GuestNumberThirtyNin

Okay, you people need to buy a clue and LEARN TO READ. It's Left, Right, Left ON THE EFFIN D-PAD!!!
Go over blitz, select it once. It should stay in a still screen. Press left, right, left ON THE D-PAD and then confirm. THEN Sabin should to the attack. If you STILL can't do it, just give up playing or figure it out yourself ¬¬

May 11, 12 at 9:29pm
papp

Ok,

I have been to numerous forums and still can't get this. Yes, I know to select BLITZ, then while the cursor is on Sabin, to press left, right, left A.

I'm using a SNES9X for the MAC.

I have done everything from making adjustments to the keyboard, changing the speed settings in the emulator, typing the command fast, slow, etc.

I have even kept attacking until Sabin says "Hey, use the BLITZ attack" to try it then. Still, nothing.

I'm at a complete loss. Don't know if its a bug in this particular Rom or what. Any insight would be great. Thank you.

Nov 02, 11 at 6:09am
Rieul

quote umm
while you are inputting L R L do you hear a noise or see anything when you do it correctly?
Nope, only after done correctly will you see the animation for Pummel.

Oct 23, 10 at 11:58am
Lance coffmin

:Pspam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam
AND I TRAMMPLE NINE WOMEN!!

Nov 23, 09 at 12:42am
umm

while you are inputting L R L do you hear a noise or see anything when you do it correctly?