Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » Manga Discussion Volume 4 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 28, 05 at 9:03pmVeGiTAX2

The saga continues. Fortunately in over the year of running that this has gone on, things have progressed a bit as some companies are publishing select chapters of their manga online.

Shonen Jump Online Manga

Note: Linking to scanlations by fan groups is something that can not be allowed. This is a discussion thread not a distribution channel.

With that said lets pick up where we left off.

- - - -

quote Koenma
I looked through ANN's Manga Encyclopedia and did not find an entry for a Gungrave manga. While that does not mean that one doesn't exist, there is probably a low chance that a Gungrave manga has been published, unless it is a doujinshi.

If I were you I would stick to the Naruto anime. The manga and anime have very little differences, and with the animation you have the added benefits of voices, music, and a new episode every week. VIZ is releasing the manga at a painfully slow rate, with a new volume every four months. At this point in time the anime is both cheaper and faster to follow. The anime should be caught up with VIZ's releases of the manga within the next two or three months.
quote Cloud Strife7
Why does it take so long? Rurouni Kenshin is monthly, so it's possible for it to come out fast.
quote Koenma
Naruto runs one to two chapters monthly in the English version of the manga anthology Shonen Jump. In order to keep the monthly releases ahead of the graphic novel releases, the graphic novels are not compiled until the ten-or-so chapters found in the original Japanese graphic novels. Most of the series running in Shonen Jump are released at the same rate:

Naruto
Yu Yu Hakusho
One Piece
Dragon Ball "Z"
Hikaru no Go!
Shaman King

The series (Under the SJ) not serialized in the monthly Shonen Jump anthology are usually released monthly or bimonthly.
quote SummonerSupreme
Also remember that the original Japanese dialogue has to be translated/adapted into English. That takes time as well, plus Viz is extremely horrible about putting out new material in a timely fashion.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 24, 14 at 3:04pm
luffyluffy

quote Lyonnais
luffyluffy ah this is the first one then yeah?

Yup! After that, you've got two orders you can go in!

Chronological: Getter Robo > G > Shin > Go > Arc (also written as Āḥ)
or
Production: Getter Robo > G > Go > Shin > Arc

I recommend production order because knowing the backstory of Shin takes a lot of the suspense and mystery out of Go, but there's literally no wrong way to go about this. Keep my updated though, I'm really curious to hear what you think! My two personal favorites are G and Arc.

Feb 24, 14 at 12:20pm
Lyonnais

luffyluffy ah this is the first one then yeah?

Mastix I'll check out magi after I finish up Beelzebub (which could be in the next couple of days if I sit down, and read through it). I don't like multiple long manga at the same time. I'll probably also check out the ones you were reading that ended (air gear, Kimi no iru machi) and Tower of God.

Feb 23, 14 at 4:33pm
Mastix

quote Miragedres
I was under the impression Naruto would never end as long as it is financially viable...

And Tower of God is just plain awesome. I have gotten a few of my friends to read it as well. They do so on their phones primarily
I dunno. It might do. But Kubo has said that Bleach is on its final arc. And Naruto looks pretty climatic right now. Final boss stuff. I suppose there might be ways to extend it, but who knows what those ways might be.

Feb 23, 14 at 2:09pm
Intrigue

Lyonnais Yeah I am trying to but they release the chapters so slowly it makes me mad . Besides that though it's pretty awesome so far.

Also yeah I think Naruto will be ending this year, hopefully with a bang because there has been a whole bunch of boring chapters to make up for.

Feb 22, 14 at 10:55pm
Miragedres

I was under the impression Naruto would never end as long as it is financially viable...

And Tower of God is just plain awesome. I have gotten a few of my friends to read it as well. They do so on their phones primarily

Feb 22, 14 at 10:01pm
Mastix

Miragedres, how about that Tower of God though? Still the best manga I'm reading. Though I like Magi as well.

Lyonnais, did you check out Magi? It's a valiant shounen that isn't above giving you twisted enemies, but often enough also blurs the line of villainy and makes it hard to choose a side. It's got a really refined moral and philosophical sense that's refreshing from the blunt "fight hard and win" methodology of most manga of its kind.

Other than that a lot of the manga I've been reading for ages are over now, and I'm not finding new manga to replace them. Kimi no Iru Machi is done, which is a shocker. I never did really find a replacement for Air Gear. And is it me or is Naruto almost actually over? Like, could finish this year?

Feb 22, 14 at 7:45am
luffyluffy

quote Lyonnais
Oh, and I still need to read Shin Getter. That's a manga you recommended me right luffyluffy?
Course I do. Have you read the rest of Getter though? Because the part of the manga labeled "Shin Getter" is in the middle of the story. In fact production wise it's the second to last, so....

Feb 21, 14 at 11:28pm
Miragedres

I currently read Tower of God and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's cause I love me some card games. Also, Naruto since everybody and their mother has it on their iPhone/Android phone... >_>

I don't know about you guys, but I love the feeling of holding a manga and reading it on my own free time preferably after Superman diving into my bed or couch. Every once in a while sitting at a Barnes & Nobles is good too.

Feb 21, 14 at 11:10pm
Lyonnais

Thought I would bump this thread, and see if there was any other readers out there. I read a bunch, but I have nowhere to really discuss it haha.

Anyways the big series I'm reading are Übel Blatt (kinda dark-fantasy, Berserk esque), The Breaker: New Waves (Martial Artist fighter extraordinaire), Nisekoi (LOL HAREM), Break Blade (Robots manggg) and Izaya started making me read Beelzebub (lol delinquents). I'm about 100 chapters into that too.

If anyone needs any recommendations I would be happy to help. I read a variety of different stuff. Also wouldn't mind someone hitting me up with a recommendation either.

Oh, and I still need to read Shin Getter. That's a manga you recommended me right luffyluffy?

You still reading that Sousei no Onmyouji I recommended you Intrigue? I remember you telling me you were.

Jan 22, 13 at 1:11am
Exile

Mastix That was a real let down that it got cancelled and had to end like that. It was way too rushed and it left many questions unanswered. I feel like we have so many big questions like why everyone is "alive" left as well as all of the small questions like Hades and everything. I wish when series got cancelled like this the author could just write up his idea for what the story should have been and release it for everyone to see.