Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Mega Man Maverick Hunter X » A remake for X2 and X3 too? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 17, 05 at 4:27amKokoro

Since they are having an X1 remake do you think they will remake the other X games from SNES too?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 02, 10 at 4:58pm
imrainmantoo

Well, I would agree that there should be a remake for Mega Man X2 and Mega Man X3. I did played the Mega Man X1 when it was on Super Nintendo many times and so as my older brother. However, me and my brother never played X2 and X3 on Super Nintendo before, until I played the Mega Man X Collection and played through X2 and X3 to see the entire story and how good those games are. I could admit that the ratings for X1, X2, and X3 are pretty much exactly how the experts describes about those game and I agree. X1 was considered a wonderful beginning part of the sequel, X2 was considered a lame part of the sequel, and X3 was considered a more worthy part of the sequel. In other words from my opinion, X3 scored First place, X1 second place, and X2 third place. But maybe, if X2 was remake into something more better and interesting such as enhancing the soundtracks to make it sound way more cooler and exciting, and some other bonus features that would make this game a bit worthy, then this game wouldn't be so lame anymore. Does anyone else agree?

Jul 18, 08 at 4:35am
Omega_Zero_XP

I dont know.

but they should remake x3 and x4. best ones in the series.

Dec 20, 07 at 3:51pm
Son Sensei

I have high hopes about this game... the original Mega Man X for the Nintendo was my fav game outta the series so i'm very happy about this remake but i'm having issues with the graphics, supposedly they're suppose to be better but i dont like em at all... they need to take that dam 3d crap out hehe

had the same issues with x4 - x6 pretty much... the original x graphics were the best in my opinion

Nov 13, 07 at 3:14am
magusyilie

Loved this game. Capcom did an excellent job. I love the added movie sequences and the little mini movie. And being able to play as vile is fun also. Hope they remake x2 for psp.

Oct 18, 07 at 5:52am
Moonset

That's the type of complacency that has lost customers for CAPCOM. They never bring about change to their games and if they do, they do it poorly. Legends was a great step forward, but they just stopped because it didn't sell to their expectations. They then decided to try it with X7, failed miserably, and luckily recovered with X8. Unfortunately, X8 has that all too familiar feeling and as a result doesn't exactly have the same replay value or even initial quality that you used to get with the original X games.

Oct 01, 07 at 4:43am
Kokoro

Why should that be a bad thing as long as the formula works? I like the formula of the X games and that shouldn't change. Sure, they can enhance it, but they shouldn't change the formula if it works.

Sep 19, 07 at 6:44pm
Raijin1999

Or Capcom actually stopped using a tired formula, and made a fully realized 3D game that didn't have simplistic gameplay.

Side scrolling is fun and all, but there's still much they can do. Megaman Legends came close, but the PSX hardware was limited, only so much they could do. Imagine what that'd look like on next gen machines?

Sep 18, 07 at 1:42am
Kokoro

You know, it doesn't look like we'll be getting anymore remakes at this rate. I heard that both Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up sold poorly. I've also heard that the PSP in general sold poorly. It's a shame since they are are both fun games. These games would sell more if they had them on PS2.

Sep 09, 07 at 6:16am
BoomerXJ

quote Kokoro
I would love to see a remake of X4. It's my favorite X game.
mine too, I really hope they Make X2 and X3 for the PSP. But I could careless about the movies, Of course they were awsome. But it was way too short.

Aug 09, 06 at 4:58pm
MECHANICALglove

quote Wyvern Armor Zero
I really like the idea of remakes, although I do hope that they do a better, more proffessional job on the graphics next time.:angry: They look a little too cell shaded in this game, and if they redo the graphics I want them to look good enough for games such as Devil May Cry. The X series could use a little more justice done to it, I think it's the best series in the entire megaman franchise (except for maybe X6). But a lot of the good ones were on the SNES and the Playstation1 so now they could be brought up to date, and on a hand-held sounds like a pretty good idea. I hope they continue to remake them, and in that case I hope that the graphics make a definite improvement so that everything looks how it should, and X4 and X5 better get the justice they deserve, I loved those two games. But, enough of my rant, it's 12:27 here, and I'm gonna go to bed now, good night.
It's not that bad.. D:
But it's the Playstation version of X3 that never came out in America. I don't see the difference between the PS1 and SNES versions of them though. :/