Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Classic Gaming » NES Problems Thread » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jul 28, 05 at 10:03pmdivision

Having problems with your NES? Post here and I or someone else may be able to help.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 10, 16 at 2:10pm
Chimaira

HonoPeek, that's great to hear!

If you ever need any further assistance in the future then do not hesitate to drop by!

May 10, 16 at 1:43pm
Bruce

Great stuff! Good luck with the games

May 10, 16 at 1:42pm
HonoPeek

Great news!! Cleaned (& replaced A & B Button contacts) both controllers and everything seems to be working as it should!

May 03, 16 at 6:06pm
C Falcon

Great to hear HonoPeek! Glad to hear everything is (mostly) in working order. Once you get that controller up and running it's back to multiplayer goodness.

May 03, 16 at 5:55pm
HonoPeek

Good news... Replaced the connector and i can select between 1 & 2 player mode. The select button is a little sensitive, so I thought maybe it was time to clean the controllers. Bad news... while cleaning one of the controllers, the "B" button contact tore. Ordered new repair parts. Once they arrive everything should be good to go. Thanks for the advice!!!

Apr 29, 16 at 12:59pm
Chimaira

HonoPeek, fingers crossed that it solves your problem.

Be sure to keep us updated!

Apr 29, 16 at 12:18pm
HonoPeek

I've got a replacement pin connector on order... we'll see if this solves my issue.

Falcon - all my other games are only 1 player (Silent Service, Metal Gear & Snakes revenge). All the games that have 2 player capability are affected. As previously stated, I have a new connector coming... with a 3.8mm game cart bit & electronics eraser. I plan on cleaning everything and replacing the connector. If that doesn't work, I guess I won't be playing in 2 player mode - unless I spring for a new/working NES or one of the newer retrobit systems.

This message was merged with other messages by Chimaira (moderator)

Apr 26, 16 at 1:37pm
C Falcon

You think it might be the games that are acting up rather than the controller or console? You mention some games so it might be less likely that it's the games, but it might be worth a check and cleaning.

Apr 26, 16 at 12:53pm
sword_of_omens

hmmm..i'm not really sure what else to tell you...out of all the many issues that I've had over the years with my NES I have never run across that problem before..
I'll try thinking on it some more for you...

Also, that's pretty cool that your Zelda saves still show up tbh...I remember the when my battery died on my cartridge long , long and I lost the ability to keep my saves...

Apr 26, 16 at 12:38pm
HonoPeek

sword_of_omens, Not lame at all - I'm looking for any advice I can get. I pushed every button on the controller - no luck (other than Start which starts a new game). Funny thing is that when I put in Super Mario Bros. / Duck hunt, the directional buttons do let me select between the 2 games, but when I get to the Mario title screen, nothing works except start. Once the game starts, everything works - except start which I believe should pause the game. Super Mario Bros. 3 is the same - can't select between 1 or 2 players... everything (including pause) works normally once the game starts. Legend of Zelda won't let me select between the saved games (from years ago). but everything else works fine.