Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » General Nintendo Classic/Retro » NES Problems Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 28, 05 at 10:03pmdivision

Having problems with your NES? Post here and I or someone else may be able to help.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 01, 14 at 9:40am
Joshua

When I play on my nes the video of the games doesnt display what is suppoded to be there. For example I was playing othello and the white and black pieces looked like this
12 56
34 78

All of the games do this where there is ramdom numbers, letters or symbols on the screen and I dont know why.

Dec 22, 12 at 4:55am
bob7

Hello, I managed to plug my nes , in the audio-video format (rf jack not working , no good signal at all) but I think that my image quality is very poor , I mean , in super mario bros , the perimetric lines of objects seems isotropic, not straight (does nes do anisotroping filtering normaly ? ).

Also, I managed to record the following video from my mobile phone, showing another display problem that I encounter. In the 10th second of this video (as I shaked the camera to a slight different angle) you will notice that lines-traces , facing always to the right of the object-sprite, even Mario has its own trace:

https://pithos.grnet.gr/pithos/rest/chem2866@upatras.gr/files/cstrike/smb.mp4

So, is this tv problem or nes problem? I have noticed the same problem on other cartridges too.If it is nes problem,what to do to fix this plz?

Help me to resurrect my playground of my youth in full quality

Aug 29, 12 at 3:57pm
jackpumpkin

I dont even click my tray down,It works fine leaving it up.Maybe youll have better luck like that.Or it sounds like maybe you need to clean your cartridges more.Use alcohol and a q-tip if you see black coming off on the q-tip keep going..

Aug 28, 12 at 1:55am
austinaredd

Interesting issue I'm having with my NES. I recently replaced my 72 pin connector and replaced all of the cartridges. Only now about 15% of my games no longer work unless the cartridge is held slightly further down with some sort of weight, in which case they work perfectly. Most games still work without this, and the game tray still clicks up and down just fine. Any suggestions?

Jan 07, 12 at 10:16pm
markness

I'm trying to repair a broken unit with power issues. I've tested a few power adapters, the adapters all work fine on other NES's, but on this one it doesn't work. Obviously the problem is either the button itself or the appendix board to the mobo. The problem is, I can't get to that tiny board because the case is soldered to the board and the case is glued to the mobo. I don't want to desolder what I don't have to, but I don't know how else to get to this board. Has anyone else faced this problem? Do I just have to bite the bullet and desolder the tiny board? I can take pictures if it helps, but I won't be able to post them until later tonight, since I'm doing this with my free time at work and can't upload to the internet from here.

Dec 17, 11 at 4:52pm
ebirko

I am refurbing a unit , put in a new 72 pin, some gam
es still require holding the game down past the "stop" point and otherewise work... Any suggestions how to remedy this issue?

Nov 20, 11 at 3:00am
Jaocb

Hi, I am the owner of two NES consoles. One works but I have to move the game around inside of it to get it to come on; there is no flashing but just a solid grey screen most of the time. The other will not load a game at all and usually shows a blinking green screen and occasionally a solid green screen but will never load a game at all. On both of these consoles, I have tried fixing the 72 pin connector. On the first one, it helped, but is still not 100%. The second one did not do anything at all. What do you suggest?

Nov 17, 11 at 1:31pm
glenda

Hi there when I turn my system on with a cart in the screen is just filled with different coloured lines! Any ideas?

Nov 17, 11 at 12:32am
puddle_of_worms

So, the problem is, when i put in a game, and turn the NES on, the game plays, sounds plays, but every 3 seconds the television makes a scratchy noise and a fuzzy grey horizontal band travels up the screen.

I just moved, and i figure the NES must have been dropped at some point and thats what started the problem.

And no, blowing air into the machine doesnt seem to be doing the trick.

I would appreciate any help
Thanks

Oct 07, 11 at 10:35pm
danilian23

put in the 72 pin cartridge worked fine... i realized unscrewed the controller slots and the fell out of place then i plygged controllers in the game worked but after i put it all together i didnt work nothing appeared on the screen