Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker NVIDIA 7800 GTX 'G70' Preview » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 22, 05 at 1:57pmAce

7800 GTX Preview and Benchmarks

Enjoy guys

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 27, 05 at 3:44pm
Grunt_Lord

hey can anyone give me a link to any info on the x900 card ? didnt even know they were announced yet...

Jun 24, 05 at 12:13am
Tweaker

I thought it took Nvidia 6 months to release new drivers XD *sarcasm*

Jun 23, 05 at 11:50pm
tomk

It's true that the 7800 GTX doesn't quite perform as fast as the hype would lead you to believe in some cases, but you guys have to remember that this is a fresh architecture -- and that means driver optimizing still has a ways to go.

The same thing happened with the NV40 release. As drivers have matured, performance has risen and stabilized. Expect to see the same in ~6 months.

Jun 23, 05 at 8:23pm
Tweaker

Ive seen that on megagames on the R600 specs and please dont say thats a leak as that is only a "speculation" of what could possibly come out next year.

Jun 23, 05 at 4:21pm
spartan 249

Not only does the 7800GTX get beaten like crazy by the X900 series, but ATi has "leaked" the preliminary specs on the R600 class of cards, they are as follows;
64 pixel pipelines
800MHz Core
1800MHz memory
GDDR4 memory
I don't think Nvidia's next next generation card would even be able to touch this thing considering they thought 24 pipes was "good enough" while ATi's cards only have 24 pipes in the PRO version while the XT and XT PE have 32 pipes.

Jun 23, 05 at 7:04am
Tweaker

Ill save any more comments on the G70 for the moment as Ati hasnt pushed their R520 out the door yet as it seems they are experiencing cooling difficulties with the design is what I last heard, cant wait to see them both go at it.

Jun 23, 05 at 6:40am
Ace

things are looking rosy for NV. they are at near 6800GT SLI levels with a single card. one of the points made is the emphasis is on pixel shading, not vertex shading. games will be more likely to be bound by pixel shading limitations than geometry

Jun 22, 05 at 7:16pm
Tweaker

Im generally not impressed atm seeing that the performance wasnt as "bone crushing" as I thought it could have been. But Im going to take into consideration of the need for driver/bios revisions which should hopefully bring out its potential if not then it seems Nvidia might have a problem on their hands when Ati releases the R520. On a side note it seems history could repeat itself with Nvidia repeating the Fx series while Ati will pull ahead again.... Ah the possibilities

This message was edited by Tweaker on Jun 22 2005.

Jun 22, 05 at 4:54pm
spartan 249

sooo...things arent lookin too hot for nV eh? I mean this card is only 24 pipes while the X900XT and X900XTPE are both 32 pipes, only the X900PRO is 24 pipes and its likely to cost less as its the third best card out of 4 for ATi and the GTX is nvidia's highest card. Also, the 7800GTX is even beaten by the X850XTPE which is R480 tech, meaning its last generation in the 3D Marks 05 shader tests. I think nVidia is going to have to some fast thinking to pull themselves out of this mess, specially with CrossFire. The one good note, though, is that the 7800GTx manages to beat 10,000 in 3D '05 unlike the rumors that it could barely best 7900

Jun 22, 05 at 1:57pm
Ace

7800 GTX Preview and Benchmarks

Enjoy guys