Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Formula One 05 » Commentary » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 22, 05 at 7:55amRonaldo77

Reiterating what I said in a different thread, I'd like to see James Allen and Martin Brundle record a commentary for this game, as it would definitely add a bit of interest to the race.

Would you like to see commentators on the game?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 23, 10 at 12:36pm
Lincoln123

I consider the commentary a major critisism of this game. It's so 1990's, and quite boring and repetetive. Why can't they make it more detailed like they did on the TV. I should expect more from Allen and Brundle. They need to use more power in their commentating just as they would do on TV, instead of random blabbing, like...

OKAY! I'm getting myself confused here. Let's just do an example. There's a battle for the lead between Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso at a random track, the commentary SHOULD have been like this.
"...and Schumacher is trying to get on the inside of Alonso, but wait, Alonso fights back at it, his defending could help here, but wait! Schumacher is going to continue the fight, they're side by side coming into Turn 1, who's got the moves? Who's on front! Schumacher takes first place from Alonso! FANTASTIC stuff!"

They'll have to look at this because at the moment, no F1 game has had good commentary since Formula One 2003.

Aug 12, 05 at 6:41pm
Lewis_Dogg

Yeah if they did put commentry in career mode i reckon it would have been tops. But oh well, roll on the ps3!

Aug 11, 05 at 3:21pm
Ronaldo77

They should have it in career mode though, I wonder why they didn't put it in

Aug 10, 05 at 2:06pm
Lewis_Dogg

i reckon you should have a go with the commentry on because i feel it makes the race alot better and just a bit more life like

Jul 26, 05 at 10:05am
Ronaldo77

I've never heard the commentary on the game, as I've only raced in Career Mode and in Timed Test session

Jul 25, 05 at 9:29pm
Lewis_Dogg

Well i think the commentry is a nice touch and i love hearing the words 'klien is first' cos i always is you get me. And they do overtake so he does change what he says quite often

Jun 28, 05 at 1:54pm
jameskayf1mad

the commentary sucks!! it sounds so bad i turn it off. come on lets have some feeling lads. the worst thing is that every 2 laps brundle repeats the race order and it never changes because the stupid computer cars never overtake!!

Jun 22, 05 at 2:12pm
Ronaldo77

Not a chance

I'm sure they had Brundle and Walker on an F1 game a few years back, might have even been on PS1.

Jun 22, 05 at 12:28pm
loopy loony

How about Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking from Pro Eve 4?!

Jun 22, 05 at 10:46am
jespomo

It would be nice if they recorded commentary but only if it wasn't repetitive and actually made sense and not just random babbling. And if they added Murray Walker as a surprise extra I wouldn't complain although I doubt it will happen.