Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » Best blitzball team? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jun 13, 05 at 4:04pm90s Vamp

...I'm stuck on Wakka's ultimate weapon. Now, let me tell you, I hate blitzball. Even if I'm winning a game, it just gets so tedious doing the same thing for ten minutes. (that feeling only worsens when neither team is scoring) Naturally, blitz isn't something I'm doing for the fun of it; I just wanna finish up that chapter of the game and get Wakka's sigil.

Can anyone tell me the best team combination and their locations? (I mainly work with free agents)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 19, 14 at 1:29pm
raist819

Best depends on many things, including level of the players and your playstyle.

LF - Titus will be your #1 pick until late game.
At around level 70 Larbeight passes Tidus as the #1 LF. Only keep Tidus for late game if your play style is dependent on Jecht Shot.

RF - Vilucha
There are issues with getting her, however, so you may choose to use Larbeight here instead.
She is located in Besaid Village, so you can only get her during one of the three times you can backtrack after opening BB (The earliest is after Djose Temple, but before crossing the Moonflow). If you do not recruit her before getting the airship you cannot get her until after you defeat the boss Dark Valefor.
If you can get her she has great stats throughout all levels and begins the game as a FA, so you don't have to wait on a contract.

MF - This is this #1 play-style dependent pick.
If you like to use your MF speed to pull defenders out of position and then throw to uncovered forwards, then Brother's speed makes the playstyle possible.
If you play the MF as an offensive position, then use Linna as she has great Shoot stat.
The best Overall MF is Tatts. His Speed maxes at 71, which is nothing near Brother's max 99, but his still well above avg and the rest of his #s are very good. Even if you use Brother, which is my preferred method, Tatts is still a good player pre-Airship as you can get him out of Kilika if you go back for Vilucha/Larbeight.

LD - Ropp
Best Defender in the game. Period.
You get him almost immediately after BB opens up, so no reason to use any other LD ever unless you want to min-max at early levels. Zalitz has slightly better stats from 1-30, but not by much and not enough to bother leveling him, IMO.

RD -
Wedge early-mid game.
Kuluhan passes him ~ level 60.

GK- Nimrook
Best Goaltender. Period.
You don't get him until airship. Best replacement G until that time is Miyu. Jumal is close behind Miyu, if you want to play BB between Luca and Moonflow.

HINT RE: CONTRACTS.
If the NPC re-signs a player you want or not is randomly decided when the contract is finished,as is the length of the contract. Save before every game. That way if Nimrook re-signs for a 39 game contract you just have to reset and play 1 more game for another chance at him, not 39.

Keep in mind that your play-style will mean your millage may vary, but here are the best lineups for my playstyle. (Notes: I do not min-max every level and prefer to change out only for long-term improvement. Also, I don't play BB until after I can backtrack immediately after Djose.):

1-60:
LF: Tidus
RF: Vilucha
MF: Brother (Tatts until airship)
LD: Ropp
RD: Wedge
G: Nimrook (Miyu until airship)

60-99:
LF: Larbeight
RF: Vilucha
MF: Brother
LD: Ropp
RD: Kulukan
G: Nimrook

I hope this was helpful.

Sep 05, 14 at 2:32am
nunya

LF vilucha
RF shaami
MF brother
LD linna
RD ropp
GL nimrook (if not availiable then miyu)

Jun 08, 14 at 10:02am
DarkenedNlght

I actually use the original Aurochs, except I switched out Keepa for Nimrook. The Aurochs are a pretty well balanced team and work well together. I may sub out Datto for Wakka.

Lol look at me replying to a 9 year old thread

May 06, 14 at 6:57pm
asmodous

quote GreatPhoenix
have to ask has anyone ever got a double digit score, I came close once when the computer would run head long into my center attack and then I'd just have tidus score from half court with sphere shot
Yes, 11-0 and I could have gotten higher but I wanted exp for people other than wedge. It was my first game against the kilika beasts and I had a pretty amazing team because I didn't play til I had the airship because I wanted a perfect team (see below) and wedge would almost always steal the ball, got close enough to shoot without the defenders hitting me and I always scored, I was about 8-0 at half time, it felt mean and I needed exp for defenders so instead of continuing to kick the puppy I did that.

Edit; pic proof

My team at the start was:

Tidus - reasonable player and the jecht shots are harsh.
Wedge - op at the start, will be replaced soon as he's started to level off
Rin - love rin + he's a decent midfielder for a fair margin of the game, May replace soon though
Ropp - duh. If you don't have him you're weird. Out and out the best defender.
Zalitz - just replaced with nav Guado because zalitz becomes crap FAST
Jumal - still waiting for nimrook... Let it go al bhed. Turn away and slam the door, let him go.

Apr 29, 14 at 10:05pm
beezie84

Main team
LF Tidus
RF Argai Ronso
MF Eigaar
RD Judda
LD Wedge
GK Nimrook

Fast team for running circles and getting games done faster
LF Gidus
RF Eigaar
MF Brother
RD Judda
LD Wedge
GK Nimrook

My main teams forwards can essentially shoot from middle of sphere with sphere shot (i use sphere shot for Tidus instead of Jecht to get the extra xp from breaking opponents, plus Jecht takes 30 secs to score and is not that big of a deal when you can break everything easily (later on maybe not so, but now yes)).. I use the speed team in 2nd half to run the game out with Brother and run laps around the sphere.

Apr 25, 14 at 12:12am
overthetop2

quote Blitzcrazy
Only at moonflow, hows my team look? do i need to change anyone?

LF Tidus
RF Shaami
MF Kiyuri
LD Ropp
RD Kulukan
GL Miyu

SUBS Shuu and Zalitz.
Should have no problems winning all the overdrives and the sigil with that line-up. Remember that the AI is actually quite retarded both in-game and with their free agent signing logic, so as long as you've got a good goalkeeper (for your current levels) and Tidus and/or another good scorer if you don't like using Tidus, you should be fine.

Apr 22, 14 at 5:09pm
Blitzcrazy

Only at moonflow, hows my team look? do i need to change anyone?

LF Tidus
RF Shaami
MF Kiyuri
LD Ropp
RD Kulukan
GL Miyu

SUBS Shuu and Zalitz.

Apr 06, 14 at 7:20am
GreatPhoenix

have to ask has anyone ever got a double digit score, I came close once when the computer would run head long into my center attack and then I'd just have tidus score from half court with sphere shot

Apr 03, 14 at 11:10pm
eddyywr95

Nimrook is the best goalie ever

Apr 02, 14 at 7:45am
Baconator9000

So yeah.. I use the original Aurochs.
Botta is awful, and datto just doesn't want to level (15 levels lower than Tidus) but I have yet to lose a game. I just got the Status Reels, and I already have the attack reels. Just waiting on Auroch reels.