Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » help with Sin at the mouth » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Feb 16, 02 at 10:14pmKongol

Ok its me again, This time i need help with when you face Sin and he opens his mouth. im have no idea what to do. i use all my aeons overdrive. i bought that stupid aeon that wanted 250000 Gil for his services. and he sux! i dont want to pay him all the time. that greedy pig. anyway i always just get him down to about lil over half of his life gone. r my aeons just sucky? i dont get it. can i fix that stupid gun on the ship? well i g2g and thanx for the lady Yunalesca help she was a sinch. i tend to overlook the obvious. later.

--Auron rules--

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 17, 11 at 5:42pm
den21

Before the fight make sure Anima's , Bahamut's and Magus Sisters' overdrive gauge has been filled out.
If Yuna have got Anima, then start the fight, have Yuna to (Grand) Summon Anima, then immediately use Anima's Oblivion in order to cause some serious heavy damage to OVERDRIVE SIN, then dismiss Anima, in the next turn of Yuna's summon Bahamut, then immediately use Bahamut's Mega Flare.
OVERDRIVE SIN should go down, if OVERDRIVE SIN still lives then Magus Sisters' Delta Attack comes in handy in order to get rid off OVERDRIVE SIN.

Aug 26, 11 at 3:28pm
jijisandesu

hmm, by this stage of the game I'm not using aeons anymore in combat. I have Tidus "haste" Lulu and Yuna, Lulu doublecasts Ultima and Yuna casting Holy.

Aug 26, 11 at 11:02am
FourLorna

So how much HP does that move actually take off?? Does anyone know? As I am stuck on the same part > x

Feb 18, 02 at 12:13am
Maester Kaine

Of course, the easy way is to simply summon Bahamut in OverDrive, Mega Flare Sin, then pound away with Bahamut.

-Note from Summoner General: This strategy often ends in dead Summoners if the Bahamut aeon is not properly trained. All injuries, deaths, loss of limb or dismemberment is no fault of this company.-

Feb 17, 02 at 9:04pm
Gamer22frantic

Well, I have another strategy, but it takes a while to get all the abilities needed for it. First of all, make sure you at least have Auron's Celestial Weapon, and have it fully powered up, and same with Yuna's Celestial Weapon. Get Auron and Yuna and one other character, the strongest out of the ones left, and get them all to learn Holy, and have them also go through the Sphere Grid to learn Hastega from Tidus' area of the sphere grid, if you don't have all your strongest characters to their max hp and mp levels, i.e. 9999hp 999mp, then I suggest you try and get some of them around to learning Auto-life. Once you have done this, go and use Hastega on the party, then have whoever knows Auto-life cast that spell on each member of the party when their turn comes around, then Holy his butt to Kingdom Come. That will get you inside easily. Also, if you just keep using Holy, Sin's Overdrive bar won't charge, or at least not as quick as it would if you tried fighting him without using Holy, and other abilities.

Feb 17, 02 at 1:15pm
Iron Shadow

Yeah, and if worse comes to worse, just use trio of 9999 to get things done the cheap way. Also, if he's not dead by time he'll use his overdrive, make sure you summon an aeon to take his 10,000 damage overdrive.

Feb 17, 02 at 11:13am
unlogged joonior

I'm assuming your talking about "Overdrive Sin", who drags you closer and closer until he does his overdrive.
Here's how I did it, but it may not be applicable to your situation:

Work your way through the sphere grid to get "Doublecast", which is at the bottom right, in Lulu's section. If Lulu isn't the one who gets this, make sure she does, through a Friend Sphere if you have any available.
Next work your closest character to the Ultima ability, and have him/her get it. Use another Friend sphere to give Lulu the spell. If you can spare any more Friend Spheres give Yuna these two spells also.
Now, if you have at least 20 "Three Stars", customize one of Lulu's Cait Sith's with "One MP Cost". It costs 20 "Three Stars" per weapon you wish to give this great ability. If you do not have any, you can capture monsters for the monster arena guy, and at some point he gives you like 60 "Three Stars", or you can fight some of his monsters he creats, such as the "Catoblepas" in Area Creations.
Now, if everything worked out for you the way I explained, you should have "Doublecast", "Ultima", and "One MP Cost" available to at least one character (hopefully for two). Go fight Overdrive Sin starting out with Tidus, Lulu and Yuna. Have Tidus cast Hastega on the party, and have Lulu and Yuna Doublecast "Ultima" on Sin over and over.This way you only have to have it cast a combined total of 7 times. Hopefully this works for you... if not, reply it doesn't and I'll try to help you a different way.

Feb 16, 02 at 10:14pm
Kongol

Ok its me again, This time i need help with when you face Sin and he opens his mouth. im have no idea what to do. i use all my aeons overdrive. i bought that stupid aeon that wanted 250000 Gil for his services. and he sux! i dont want to pay him all the time. that greedy pig. anyway i always just get him down to about lil over half of his life gone. r my aeons just sucky? i dont get it. can i fix that stupid gun on the ship? well i g2g and thanx for the lady Yunalesca help she was a sinch. i tend to overlook the obvious. later.

--Auron rules--