Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » Should Yuna have married Seymour? -Version III- » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

May 12, 05 at 7:56pmChobi

I hope that version III of this installment will actually be a success. Please stick to the topic at hand. We don't need to hear about Seymour's hair gel. (:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 19, 11 at 2:49pm
Alvarus94

At the same time, she managed to send him anyway, after a couple of irritating and rather unnessasary fights(I mean the last two, the others were challenging and rather fun), so in my mind that stops the whole "send him" dynamic having any real effect on the whole argument. Also she didn't seem to be really consider it until after seeing jyscal's sphere. And on top of that, by this point, their relationship was a bit more complex than just friends. Do you honestly think Tidus would have had such a big reaction to his "friend" getting married. I don't.

Dec 19, 11 at 8:23am
overthetop2

Not at all.

But it should be pointed out that when was first going to accept the proposal she hadn't realised what a twat Seymour was yet, and her relationship with Tidus was only friendly rather than 'TRUE LOVEZORRZ!' at that point. With that said, it STILL surprises me that Yuna at one point was going to marry Seymour willingly...

Also, when the ceremony did take place (after Seymour was shown to be a twat), Yuna was playing along so she could S-E-N-D Seymour which was a good idea in theory but the guardians screwed that one up (actually I blame cutscene incompetence for that blunder, they can mow through 10+ gun wielders without taking a scratch but the next 10 are too much for them?).

I'm ranting on too much aren't I? I'm just saying that we need to read a bit deeper into the marriage plot than just "OMG HE'S TOO OLD FOR YOU YUNAAAAA!!!!"

Dec 19, 11 at 3:16am
Alvarus94

quote puppychris12
or Kimari marrying rikku =P
I don't think there is a viable reply to that

Dec 19, 11 at 1:16am
puppychris12

quote Alvarus94
t's like Barack Obama marrying Sarah Palin
or Kimari marrying rikku =P

Dec 18, 11 at 6:09am
Alvarus94

I think there would be too much of a pesonality clash TBH
One's trying to save spira, the others going for the opposite
It's like Barack Obama marrying Sarah Palin

Dec 10, 11 at 7:15pm
dylar-03

Oh yeah, they should've. And they could have sex and have a strong ass baby

Dec 02, 11 at 5:24pm
Ranger_1

no. they had 2 different personalities.

Nov 28, 11 at 4:58pm
Leve7s

She probably would've married him, if that tidus dude didnt ruin things.

Nov 27, 11 at 8:21pm
Epoch

Seymour is one char in this game that could have been written out and had little or no affect on the story line.

Sure then we don't get the awesome rescue mission but still his character has no real bearing on the overall story line.

The whole Seymour scenario is like a mandatory side quest in ffX, IMHO.

Yuna should have married someone with a little more purpose like O'aka, or Ren, or maybe even Kimahri, i mean cross species relationships is commonplace in the FFX world.

Nov 27, 11 at 6:01pm
b_eef

Great question... I wonder how the game would have played out if Yuna would have married Seymour? Her pilgrimage would have ended, but Tidus' story would have went on... Maybe later in the game they could have met up and fought? Idk... but I think it would have been interesting if they had married! (And later broke up lol).