Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Comparing Motherboards » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 12, 05 at 5:00pmTez

Which is the better of these two LGA775 motherboards?

I'm going to be using it with a Intel Pentium 4 540J Prescott 3.2GHz (800FSB) with HT.

Asus P5P800 (LGA775) Motherboard (MB-082-AS)
You want to experience the speed of the LGA775 CPU yet you're worried about the cost? Then the P5P800 is your solution. It combines the latest LGA775 socket with the 865PE chipset to take full advantage of AGP 8x and PCI slots while providing support for Serial ATA, 6-channel audio CODEC and Gigabit LAN.

- Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
- Intel 865PE chipset
- AGP8X
- AI NOS
- AI NET2
- Dual-Channel DDR400
- AI Audio
- Gigabit LAN
- ATX v2.0 compliant PSU Required for PCI-E Graphics/Motherboard

---

Gigabyte GA-8IPE775 Pro (LGA775) Motherboard (MB-023-GI)
GA-8IPE775 Pro is the smart solution for the latest LGA775 Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with 800MHz FSB and Hyper-Threading Technology. Powered by the Intel® highest performance 865PE chipset and a variety of cutting edge technologies, GA-8IPE775 Pro is designed to be the full function platform with excellent performance. The architecture of 800MHz FSB, AGP 8x, Dual Channel DDR 400 provides promising framework for excellent performance. This platform features Gigabit Network Connection and delivers optimized network throughput & platform performance. The Serial ATA, IEEE 1394 Firewire are integrated to provide superior I/O performance and data protection. GA-8IPE775 Pro will definitely delivers the uppermost platform with unprecedented computing power and rock-solid stability.

- Supports 800MHz FSB Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with HT Technology (LGA775 Processors only)
- Dual Channel DDR 400 Memory Architecture
- AGP 8X Graphics Interface
- GIGABYTE C.I.A. (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) Technology
- GIGABYTE M.I.B. (Memory Intelligent Booster) Technology
- Gigabit Ethernet Connection
- Serial ATA Interface
- Texas Instrument IEEE 1394 Firewire Interface
- High quality 8-channel audio with UAJ function

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 15, 05 at 10:48am
Tez

Thanks very much, that's the exact reply I was looking for.

Apr 15, 05 at 8:30am
Hullo

The Asus LGA-775 P5P800 is definitely the better one, i am using it myselp . you will get to see the power of asus if u turn on the memory aceeleration option in the bios. try i gig ram and it will be one of the best pc

Apr 12, 05 at 9:59pm
Ace

asus probably has the best reputation in the industry behind intel and most of their products are priced pretty competitively.

Apr 12, 05 at 9:44pm
Tez

I'm not really worried about fancy graphics to be honest. I'm not a PC gamer.

I've got a decent GFX card which supports dual monitors so I don't need a new one all that much.

Apr 12, 05 at 7:04pm
Tweaker

Really I wouldnt go with either since they dont feature pci-e and pci-e would be the way to go since agp slot gfx cards dont have much of a future left.

Apr 12, 05 at 5:00pm
Tez

Which is the better of these two LGA775 motherboards?

I'm going to be using it with a Intel Pentium 4 540J Prescott 3.2GHz (800FSB) with HT.

Asus P5P800 (LGA775) Motherboard (MB-082-AS)
You want to experience the speed of the LGA775 CPU yet you're worried about the cost? Then the P5P800 is your solution. It combines the latest LGA775 socket with the 865PE chipset to take full advantage of AGP 8x and PCI slots while providing support for Serial ATA, 6-channel audio CODEC and Gigabit LAN.

- Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
- Intel 865PE chipset
- AGP8X
- AI NOS
- AI NET2
- Dual-Channel DDR400
- AI Audio
- Gigabit LAN

---

Gigabyte GA-8IPE775 Pro (LGA775) Motherboard (MB-023-GI)
GA-8IPE775 Pro is the smart solution for the latest LGA775 Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with 800MHz FSB and Hyper-Threading Technology. Powered by the Intel® highest performance 865PE chipset and a variety of cutting edge technologies, GA-8IPE775 Pro is designed to be the full function platform with excellent performance. The architecture of 800MHz FSB, AGP 8x, Dual Channel DDR 400 provides promising framework for excellent performance. This platform features Gigabit Network Connection and delivers optimized network throughput & platform performance. The Serial ATA, IEEE 1394 Firewire are integrated to provide superior I/O performance and data protection. GA-8IPE775 Pro will definitely delivers the uppermost platform with unprecedented computing power and rock-solid stability.

- Supports 800MHz FSB Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with HT Technology (LGA775 Processors only)
- Dual Channel DDR 400 Memory Architecture
- AGP 8X Graphics Interface
- GIGABYTE C.I.A. (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) Technology
- GIGABYTE M.I.B. (Memory Intelligent Booster) Technology
- Gigabit Ethernet Connection
- Serial ATA Interface
- Texas Instrument IEEE 1394 Firewire Interface
- High quality 8-channel audio with UAJ function