Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy VIII » Is Laguna Squalls Dad » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down
Note to Guests: If your message involves or pertains to several games of the Final Fantasy series, and not this game specifically, please post it within the [link name=General Final Fantasy Forum]index.php?fn=browse_forum&forumid=119[/link] instead.

hideOriginal Post

Mar 30, 05 at 4:17pmsmallsmithy999

Now i have heard lots of rumers about this but is it true please any coments

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 07, 13 at 7:29pm
gobi1972

quote king juggernaut
you know it implies that raine and laguna were married in the last video of the game you should really have beaten a game before you commit at all julia married rionas father so on so fourth but yea play the game all the way through and pay attention it works wonders
Or. go to Youtube and search for Final Fantasy 8 Ending. You can watch it again there without replaying the game.

Oct 07, 13 at 7:22pm
king juggernaut

you know it implies that raine and laguna were married in the last video of the game you should really have beaten a game before you commit at all julia married rionas father so on so fourth but yea play the game all the way through and pay attention it works wonders

Sep 25, 13 at 6:14pm
gobi1972

quote Lazercake
Anyone played kingdom hearts? Squall basically looks like Laguna.
Ellie's parents were killed then she was adopted by raine
Raine and Laguna had squall
Laguna an Julia only
Spent one night in a room together
Julia is rinoas mother
It is basically stated on the ragnarok that squall is lagunas son from the comments about his looks from Kiros and ward and Laguna says that he has so much to tell him which i very soupy he would say to someone he was just hireing
Correction - Laguna and Julia did not spend the whole night together. They were in the room for brief moment before Laguna (doze off and then) called off the duty.

Sep 18, 13 at 6:06pm
Lazercake

Anyone played kingdom hearts? Squall basically looks like Laguna.
Ellie's parents were killed then she was adopted by raine
Raine and Laguna had squall
Laguna an Julia only
Spent one night in a room together
Julia is rinoas mother
It is basically stated on the ragnarok that squall is lagunas son from the comments about his looks from Kiros and ward and Laguna says that he has so much to tell him which i very soupy he would say to someone he was just hireing

Apr 13, 13 at 7:50am
jacob123550

Guys they called ellone there sister because they were so close not siblings

Feb 06, 13 at 9:25pm
kamakazeheart

there is the point on the ragnarok where ward says squall looks like his mother not his father
Laguna: Let's talk when it's all done. I have a lot to tell you... Well, if you don't want to hear it, I'll understand.
Ward: ...
Kiros: Ward says, "Good thing you don't look like your father."... You look very much like your mother.
thats the direct quote
also in shumi village they think squall is laguna because he looks so much like him
and also at some point it is mentioned that raine dies after giving birth
all of this concludes beyond doubt that squall is laguna and raine's son his mother died and his father took him to edeas orphanage after going there looking for ellone

Dec 26, 12 at 8:13am
MagamiForte

^Squall not cloud hahahaha

Dec 26, 12 at 8:01am
Bohound

To sum it all, it is like this, all the facts stated, like the moomba calling squall laguna and other things, also, yes Laguna had an oportunty(in fact from julias side he had to say something to her) with julia, because even married to the father of rinoa , she called for her soldier to come, before che dies, but he was at war, then he meet Raine and ellone wich he help keep her safe from the current Sorcerer at that time Avel i think, who was looking for her power to look into the past or something like that, and yes it wasnt just a one night stand, it was like a year or something, also he learns about Julia getting married to some general so thats why he never tried to return to the city and focused on looking for ellone wich later lead him to become the president of Esthar, then he meets cloud and his friends and bla bla bla till the conversation in the Ragnarok

Dec 04, 12 at 3:32pm
Benisegel

Laguna and Raine are Squall's parents. General Caraway and Julia are Rinoa's parents. The reasons why? First off we know that General Caraway is Rinoa's father. Then we find out that while Julia waited for her true love to return from war (Laguna) she assumed he was dead and found comfort from General Caraway. They married and BAM! Rinoa was born. As for Laguna, Raine and their son Squall... For those who think there would not have been enough time for those two to have a child obviously have never come remotely close to having a child themselves. It could honestly take less than a minute depending on Laguna's stallion level in the sack, just saying. How do we know that they get busy? Well they get married and that is what most married people do, ask your parents. Also, several points on this thread were made such as: the moomba calling Squall 'Laguna' and the thing at Shumi village, but directly the quote that Kiros says about Squall looking like his mother and a good thing he doesn't look like his father sort of is the direct give-away because they always gave Laguna a hard time. Deny it if you want to but Laguna even says to Squall that when everything is over, he wants to talk to him about something serious. It is the great mystery that ties together everything in Final Fantasy 8 so they don't directly say this because the magic moment the fans learn the secret, they become addicted to the game. Good writing if you ask me. Sort of like when you learn what really happens in FF7 with that secret clip in Shinra mansion towards the end of the game. It's too bad FF13 had to suck so much, the series is not looking so hot these days...

Oct 28, 12 at 10:51pm
gobi1972

quote Brittany_gamRgirl
Hey just to point out. I'm playing the game (again) and I just passed the part on disc 3 where Ellone while using her gift communicates to Squall that Laguna wasn't able to get back to Raine before she died in childbirth. And the Laguna had proposed to Raine all of these point to Laguna and Raine being Squalls parents and think about it if Laguna hasn't been there when Squall was born then its understandable why he ended up in an orphanage. I believe that Laguna knew about Squalls existence but did not meet him until later in life whether that's because he couldn't find him or just chose to stay away is another matter.
I think he proposed to Raine before he left to find Ellone who had been taken away by Esther Soldier. In that context, it is possible he did not know about Squall till later in life.

Ellone and Squall end up in the same orphanage - it is possible Ellone knew who Squall was, but was instructed not to reveal herself to him (cos Edea already knew about Ultimecia and how she was looking for Ellone). It is possible that Ellone, somehow, felt guilt cos she had become the reason why Squall never knew his father and grew up as bitter young man, had decided to "reintroduce" the father and the son through manipulation of time and space (her powers). Which was why Squall kept getting the flash back of his idiotic father during his younger military days.