Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Bloc Party » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Mar 1, 05 at 6:03pmBigBhaarlokzMon

quote Their site
Bloc Party is an autonomous unit of un-extraordinary kids reared on pop culture between the years of 1976 and the present day. Like many such kids, between them they eventually concluded that their own attempts to imitate what had informed them could be construed as a worthy variation on the many forms that preceded. They do everything that's required to conform to the currently received ideas of what a band is: ostensibly to play instruments at the same time, but also have a title for the work created.
Official Site

I saw them on "later with Jools Holland" making their TV debut with "Like Eating Glass" which was a good song. but after that I sort of forgot about them, that is until I saw that they were nominated for a N.M.E award. after that I tried downloading " Like Eating Glass" and "Helicopter" and strangely enough my father bought the album. I havent had much of a listen yet but I still reckon they're pretty good.

Tell us what your opinion of Bloc Party here...

*edit* Albums:

1) "Like Eating Glass" – 4:20
2) "Helicopter" – 3:40
3) "Positive Tension" – 3:54
4) "Banquet" – 3:22
5) "Blue Light" – 2:47
6) "She's Hearing Voices" – 3:29
7) "This Modern Love" – 4:25
8) "The Pioneers" – 3:35
9) "Price of Gasoline" – 4:19
10) "So Here We Are" – 3:53
11) "Luno" – 3:57
12) "Plans" – 4:10
13) "Compliments" – 4:40

1) "Song for Clay (Disappear Here)" – 4:52
2) "Hunting for Witches" – 3:33
3) "Waiting for the 7:18" – 4:18
4) "The Prayer" – 3:46
5) "Uniform" – 5:35
6) "On" – 4:47
7) "Where Is Home?" – 4:56
8) "Kreuzberg" – 5:31
9) "I Still Remember" – 4:38
10) "Sunday" – 5:04
11) "SRXT" – 4:50

1) "Ares" - 3:29
2) "Mercury" - 3:53
3) "Halo" - 3:36
4) "Biko" - 5:01
5) "Trojan Horse" - 3:32
6) "Signs" - 4:39
7) "One Month Off" - 3:38
8) "Zephyrus" - 4:34
9) "Talons" - 4:42
10) "Better Than Heaven" - 4:21
11) "Ion Square" - 6:33

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 5, 16 at 10:10pm
Kokoro

I never have heard that much of Bloc Party, but I do like most of the songs I've heard by them ("Talons" is one of my favorites). I haven't heard any of their new album yet, but I haven't heard very good things about it.

Apr 5, 16 at 7:58am
EvilTediz597

Total miss-out on a ten year anniversary deluxe edition of Silent Alarm. I'd love to re-buy the album with additional b-sides. It needs to be done.

Oct 14, 15 at 12:43pm
Iscariot

quote EvilTediz597
eehhhhhh.... I'm not really sure how to feel about this.
honestly, I felt silent alarm was their finest work. everything after just began to move in a direction I found myself enjoying less with each subsequent release. certainly, there were stand-out tracks on each album, and even Kele's solo work, but I've found myself less interested in what's to come over the years.

Oct 9, 15 at 11:04pm
thewatermeloncult

quote thewatermeloncult
I bought Silent Radar at a pawn shop the other day. I'd heard a lot about them but hadn't actually listened to them. It's a pretty good album, nothing extraordinary, but good.
this is one of my favorite albums now, weird

Oct 5, 15 at 2:24pm
EvilTediz597

Jun 26, 13 at 5:32am
Ameer

Video for Ratchet

I like it a lot, but I preferred the version they performed live in Cologne a bit better. Unfortunately the video's gone down for that one.

Trippy clip.

Dec 18, 12 at 4:39pm
thewatermeloncult

I bought Silent Radar at a pawn shop the other day. I'd heard a lot about them but hadn't actually listened to them. It's a pretty good album, nothing extraordinary, but good.

Oct 14, 12 at 2:07pm
EricF

Haha, Tenderoni. Poor form Kele! Good setlist though. Love that Signs is there. Gonna go ahead and listen to that now!

Oct 14, 12 at 2:02pm
Bollo

quote EricF
Disappointed a lot of people didn't know their new stuff, it's been out a while now! Did they play Day Four Bollo?
No! Was expecting it as well, very very disappointed.

So He Begins to Lie
Mercury
Hunting for Witches
Positive Tension
Real Talk
Kettling
Song for Clay (Disappear Here)
(with 'Tenderoni' intro)
Banquet
Coliseum
V.A.L.I.S.
One More Chance
We Are Not Good People

Encore:
Signs
Ares
This Modern Love
Flux
(with 'We Found Love' intro)

Encore 2:
Octopus
Helicopter

Could think of a few there I'd swap for Day Four.

Oct 14, 12 at 1:53pm
EricF

Disappointed a lot of people didn't know their new stuff, it's been out a while now! Did they play Day Four Bollo?