Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue » Folder Ratings IV » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 23, 05 at 7:01pmChaos Swordsman

As the third edition of this thread has reached twenty pages, I think it's about time we started a third continuation. Feel free to continue posting folders here.

Note to Octarine Skye and/or Link_2000: If you feel that it's better to let the third thread to continue on to thirty pages, feel free to close this one.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 18, 12 at 5:07pm
Ineffable Aeon

quote Torin
Also, I intended this for white, so no folderbacks for me

Ground Control

Lava Cannon3 W
x3 Triple Bomb W
x4 Cannonball *
x3 Zap Ring2 W
x4 Geyser W
x3 Magnum3 W
x2 Rook *
x1 Mine *
x2 Areagrab *
x2 Invis */Recovery300 W
x1 Barrier 100 *
x1 Lavastage *
x2 Grass Stage *
1x Oldwood W

Style: This was originally built to capitalize on Heatground's ability to crack an entire row, but any style should work as long as the lavastage is switched out.
Well, Folderback is broken anyways.

I like it, I'd give it 7.5/10. It has fluidity for only one code, it has damage potential, and it has defense and recovery.
However....you may consider buffing the damage a bit. When your opponent has about 2K HP, it'll be hard to muster the damage to win.
I do like seeing a decent W folder though. And kudos for the Zaprings.
You are too reliant on Areagrab; an enemy who does the same will put you in a sticky spot.
You should maybe whittle down the *different* attacks in your folder. I.e. Geyser/Cannball OR ----Stage + LavaCannon.

*ahem*

Try this on for size!

E and F Flash Kill Folder

4 Zapring3 E
4 Sensor3 E
4 Plasma3 F
4 Flashman F (V1, 2, 3, 4)
3 AreaGrab *
1 FstGauge *
1 Invis *
1 Shadow *
2 IceStage * [preferably preset]
4 Elec+30 *
1 FullCust * [preset otherwise]

Quick math for you:

IceStage + Sensor3 + Elec+30 + Elec+30 + ZapRing3...
380 piercing, stunning damage + 120 more. STILL stunned. Let's go get out Flashman while Sensor3 still keeps zapping.

Using Icestage and 2-3 buffed Plasma3's will kill Alpha Omega.

Jul 16, 12 at 5:12pm
Torin

quote Toast
FoldrBak *
GaiaBlad *
GrassStg E
FullCust *
Spikey E
Barr 200 E
Barr 100 E
Barrier E
CrsShld1 *
Lance E
Lance E
Metagel2 E
Rope2 E
Wave E
Arrow1 E
BigWave E
Longsword E
WideSword E
Sword E
Yo-yo1 E
Bubbler E
Bub-V E
BublSide E
Atk +30
Rock Cube *
Bolt *
Rook *
Rook *
CannBall *
GaiaSwrd *
You've got the codes down, that's good. It seems to lack any theme though. And you've got three PAs in there, Lifesword, Bubbler and Barrier 500. Just remember, you've got a limited amount of space to hold chips in your custom window, and if you're waiting on 3 PAs, chances are its going to fill up quickly. You've also got a bolt in there, which I assume is the point of the rock cubes and a secondary use for the rooks, but you can't use it anyways. You might want to replace the bolt and rock cube with 2 Airswords * chips so you can combo the airswords with your lances. Also, the Atk +30 is a little less than helpful. And attack boosting chip works vastly better on chips that strike multiple times. Your only multi-hitting chips are yo-yo and rope. Yo-yo's a pain to land in the sweet spot without locking or stunning first and rope suffers from its short range. Ironically, you could rope to a boosted yo-yo, but a three chip combo has similar drawbacks to a PA. One last thing, the Grass Stage + Grass Style + Undershirt's a strong combo, but it may be wise to hold off on planting the grass stage until you need it, otherwise chances are high someone will burn it off, switch it or geddon it. Anyways, I give you a 6/10. You're going in the right direction, but just focus more on a single PA or chip combo you want to form the core of your strategy.

I doubt anyone'll respond to this for a while, if ever, but if they do, I've gotten really tired of seeing folders based around the same couple chip codes. So let me present, a W folder, which I don't believe has been done before. Also, I intended this for white, so no folderbacks for me

Ground Control

Lava Cannon3 W
x3 Triple Bomb W
x4 Cannonball *
x3 Zap Ring2 W
x4 Geyser W
x3 Magnum3 W
x2 Rook *
x1 Mine *
x2 Areagrab *
x2 Invis */Recovery300 W
x1 Barrier 100 *
x1 Lavastage *
x2 Grass Stage *
1x Oldwood W

Style: This was originally built to capitalize on Heatground's ability to crack an entire row, but any style should work as long as the lavastage is switched out.

Concept: By far the majority of the damage in this folder comes from bombs. Most of your damage is intended to come from magnums, cannonballs, geysers and Oldwood. And hey, what a coincidence, magnums do more damage on grass and crack panels, which are needed for Oldwood, and both cannonball and magnum can smash through panels for the same purpose. Most the chips synergize insanely well together and give you a lot of potential for locking the enemy down with cracked panels. So, what do you guys think?

Nov 11, 11 at 4:21am
Toast

Well hello there peoples.

I doubt anyone will look at this for awhile, but anyone care to rate this folder?

FoldrBak *
GaiaBlad *
GrassStg E
FullCust *
Spikey E
Barr 200 E
Barr 100 E
Barrier E
CrsShld1 *
Lance E
Lance E
Metagel2 E
Rope2 E
Wave E
Arrow1 E
BigWave E
Longsword E
WideSword E
Sword E
Yo-yo1 E
Bubbler E
Bub-V E
BublSide E
Atk +30
Rock Cube *
Bolt *
Rook *
Rook *
CannBall *
GaiaSwrd *

GrassStage is my set chip since Megaman is in WoodShdw style, so with the Stage healing me and Undershot in my NaviCust, Megaman is pretty much unkillable unless you get rid of the grass stage.

Feb 25, 11 at 11:32am
Chaos Omnimon

quote Kudo Shinichi
quote Chaos Omnimon
Maybe i will try posting my folder :
4x Area Grab *
4x Meta Gel B
2x Sensor3 B
2x Rock Cube *
1x God Stone S
4x Invis *
4x Var Sword B
4x Aqua +30
1x BubbleManV3 B
1x BubbleManV4 B
1x ProtoManV3 B
1x ProtoManV4 B
1x Folder Bak *

And my Navi Customizer :
BusterMax
BugStop
Reflect
UnderShirt
WeaponLevel+1
WeaponLevel+1
Why don't you put in at least some CustSword B, or also Slasher B to get the Heroes PA.
2x Hero is to easy to use, so im not using these

Feb 11, 11 at 1:25am
Kudo Shinichi

quote Chaos Omnimon
4x Area Grab *
4x Meta Gel B
2x Sensor3 B
2x Rock Cube *
1x God Stone S
4x Invis *
4x Var Sword B
4x Aqua +30
1x BubbleManV3 B
1x BubbleManV4 B
1x ProtoManV3 B
1x ProtoManV4 B
1x Folder Bak *

And my Navi Customizer :
BusterMax
BugStop
Reflect
UnderShirt
WeaponLevel+1
WeaponLevel+1
Why don't you put in at least some CustSword B, or also Slasher B to get the Heroes PA.

Dec 21, 10 at 9:57am
Chaos Omnimon

4x Area Grab *
4x Meta Gel B
2x Sensor3 B
2x Rock Cube *
1x God Stone S
4x Invis *
4x Var Sword B
4x Aqua +30
1x BubbleManV3 B
1x BubbleManV4 B
1x ProtoManV3 B
1x ProtoManV4 B
1x Folder Bak *

And my Navi Customizer :
BusterMax
BugStop
Reflect
UnderShirt
WeaponLevel+1
WeaponLevel+1

Jun 15, 10 at 5:14pm
DarkPower508

Thanks, but I already defeated him with my Hero x2 folder. Sorry about that, I thought no-one was going to answer...

Jun 09, 10 at 4:57am
Avalith

Try my FlashRat or Bubble Rush folders if you want to get rid of Bass Omega.

May 25, 10 at 5:02pm
DarkPower508

Ok, I'll let that one slip...
Question:
What is the best folder to fight Bass Omega with?

Apr 01, 10 at 12:43pm
nina yeen lily

sory, i think that one is from mmbn 6. i am quite miserable these days...

Okay, here goes:
Wait up, I lost the file that I have won the game...

Maybe it's on the other computer.
I'll check on it later.

Sorry for the mmbn 6 folder.
I hope I didnt hurt anyone feelings...
Sory again.