Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Arcatera » Arcatera revisited? » Post Reply

Arcatera Forum

profile  pro reviews  discussion board  

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 17, 05 at 7:22pmGeorge_K

I used to log on as garr.

Yeh, I know. Why am I still fooling around with a game that would not end correctly and strange things happening throughout even with the 1.2 game update? A few weeks ago I upgraded to XP Pro. Couple of days ago decided to see if the game Arcatera would work in XP Pro/svc pak2. It does and absolutely smooth (p4 3.2 and 1024 of 3200 ddr 400.

I got tired of playing HL2, Riddick, XIII, and so forth. Is there any well to do people out there who would buy the rights and source code to Arcatera in order to rework and re-release the game? Gee, I wish! but since Westka went bankrupt many months ago, and Sascha Hussock hasn't been heard from, who if anyone has rights to the game?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 31, 06 at 1:57am
xalarcon

CASEYLANE

THIS IS THE VOICE FROM BEYOUND. IS ANYBODY HOME???
WILL SOMEBODY PICK UP AND ANSWER???

I STOPPED PLAYING ARCATERA FOR A WHILE AND STARTED PLAYING MORROWIND OWNED BY BETHESDA. I REALLY LIKE THE GAME AND THE WAY THE OWNERS OF THE GAME ALLOWED THE GAMERS TO ADD TO THE GAME OR CHANGE THINGS LIKE CLOTHES FOR THE THIEF OR A FIERCE WEAPON ALLOWING THE USE OF THEIR CONSTRUCTION SET. THAT IS SOOOOO AWSOME. YOU CAN CREATE BUILDINGS IN ANOTHER PART OF TOWN MAKE EXTRA PEOPLE, ALLOW THEM TO HAVE DIFFERENT PHRASES TO SAY AND OR ACT AND REACT DIFFERENTLY.

THIS IS WHAT I WHISH WOULD HAPPEN TO ARCATERA. IT WOULD BE
SO COOL. THE THIEF WOULD HAVE AN ARRAY OF SELECTIONS. YOU COULD ENABLE THE PROGRAM TO ACTUALLY ADD THE TREASURE IN A TREASURE BOX. YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO IMPORT ALINDA INTO THE STORY FOR A HAPPY ENDING. BUT KEEP THE STORYLINE TO REMAIN
THE SAME. NOT TO MAKE A NEW GAME ONLY TO ADD TO THE GAME
THINGS THAT WERE LEFT OUT OR ALLOW THE MODDERS,THE PEOPLE DOING THE CHANGING EVEN OF NEW FACES CHANGING THE COLOR OF HAIR, INVESTIGATE SOME OF THE OLD BUILDINGS TO FIND TO TREASURES. THERE ARE JUST ENDLESS AMOUNTS OF THINGS ONE COULD DO IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME THE WAY IT WAS MEANT
TO BE PLAYED WITH JUST SOME INHANCEMENTS.

IT IS SO STRANGE THAT MORROWIND HAS A FEW OF ELEMENTS THAT SEEEMED TO BE INSPIRED BY ARCATERA. HOWEVER THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO GAMES AND ARCATERA IS NOT IN 3D.IT WOULD MAKE ARCATERA BETTER BUT IT IS IN OLD STYLE BUT, THAT'S OK.

IF SOMEONE KNOWS ENOUGH ABOUT PROGRAMING THAT HAS INTEREST IN THE ARCATERA GAME TO DO IT YOU CAN AN ENDLESS THINGS TO THE GAME PLAY. WOULDN'T IT BE NICE TO ACTUALLY SEE THE UPSTAIRS OF ZON LATHONS HOUSE, OR WHAT IS IN THE BASEMENT, WITH SECRET PASSAGES THAT LEAD TO AN ACTUAL PLACE. I WOULD LOVE TO EXPLORE THE PALACE JUST A LITTLE. ALL OF THE STORES AND CAN HAVE EXTENTIONS WITH SUPPLIES THAT YOU CAN BUY BUT NOT STEEL EXCEPT PERHAPS ONE ITEM OR TWO. HAVING THE ROADS WITH TRAVELING HORSES AND WAGONDS PASSSING TO ENTER TOWN AND OUT OF TOWN.

I LOVE ARCATERA SO MUCH THAT I WOULDN'T EVER STOP PLAYING THE GAME COMPLETELY BECAUSE TO ME IT'S THE TOP
SO GAME LOVERS EVERYWHERE TAKE NOTE TRY THIS GAME AND IF YOU KNOW ANY MODDERS OR ARE WILLING TO CONTACT THE MAKERS OF ARCATERA WITH THIS IDEA PERHAPS MY DREAM WILL COME TRUE.

ANYONE STILL PLAYING ARCATERA NOW OR ON AND OFF SEND THIS MESSAGE ALONG TO YOUR FRIENDS AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ARCATERA PERHAPS XALARCON OR LUKE OR PERSONS PLAYING FOR A LONG TIME AND WHO CAN HELP YOU WITH PROBLEMS YOU WILL FIND ALONG THE WAY. IT WAS A SHAME THE MAKERS OF THE GAME DID NOT HAVE INCITE ENOUGH, OR MONEY COULD HAVE BEEN THE PROBLEM, TO MAKE THIS GAME ALL THAT IT COULD BE.

IN MY BOOK ARCATERA IS A WINNER. HELP SAVE ARCATERA AND
GIVE ARCATERA A CHANCE TO PULL THROUGH. IF ANYONE KNOWING THE MAKERS OF THE GAME MAKE A PLEA FOR ALL THOSE FANS THAT HAVE NOWHERE TO TURN THAT WILL GET RESULTS.

THERE USE TO BE ANOTHER DIEHARD ARCATERA FAN. HEY GARR WHERE ARE YOU???. I JUST WNET ON ARCATERA REVISITED WHILE WRITING THIS MESSAGE AND FOUND YOUU NDER A NEW NAME. GREAT YOU HAVE THE SMAE IDEA I HAVE. I THINK THE ONLY HOPE IS IF OPRA WINFREY GAVE ME MY WISH TO THE RIGHTS TO THE GAME. THINK THAT WOULD EVER HAPPPEN? IT COULD BE A REALLY ADVENTURE AND MAYBE SOME OF THE MODDERS FROM MORROWIND AND OTHER GAMES WOULD VOLUNTEER THEIR AWSOME TIME AND EXPERIENCE TO HELP US OUT. MY HUSBAND IS A MODDER IN MORROWIN BUT HE HAS NOT PUBLISHED IT YET.

WE CAN DO THIS THING DON'T GIVE UF PERHAPS WE CAN GET SOMEONE TO SPONSOR ME ON THIS.

BEING SICK I HAVE MORE TIME TO SPEND AND LEARN MORE ABOUT POSSIBLE ENDINGS AND ALL. I DEFINETLY WOULD HAVE YOU GUYS ON MY TEAM BECAUSE WE ARE DIE HARDS.

SIGNING OFF FOR NOW CASEYLANE

P.S. I'M BACK. IF YOU HAVE ANDY IDEAS OR SCENARIOS DO NOT POST IT ON THIS FORUM. YOU CAN HINT AT SOME THINGS BUT WIRTE THEM DOWN IN YOUR NOTEPAD AND PERHAPS OPRAH WINFREY OR ROSIE O'DONNELL WILL HEAR US THEN WE CAN GET TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS THING HAPPEN. ARE YOU WITH ME ON THIS?? WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THIS EVER HAPPENING? BUT, I CAN'T GIVE UP.

Apr 01, 05 at 9:52pm
Lukes

Ah right, the big blue amethyst or something right?
But emmm... who should you give it to?

By the way, did you (or anybody else) ever succeed in stealing something (anything!) with the thief? He always says he won't get away with it and stuff like that... wuzz

Mar 29, 05 at 2:46am
George_K

The only use for her is getting a reward from Bobert. It's a huge gem that you can give to someone else.

Mar 28, 05 at 11:39pm
Lukes

YEah Elvira... one of the most bug-sensitive elements of the game I once found her dead in ogre camp, oly to be mysterically revevid upon showing her to her father (lot better than the oppesite , eh?)

but after you brought her back, i never find her really usefull... anybody good tips about what she can do for you??

Feb 19, 05 at 9:57pm
George_K

This time, when Uthor lead us to the nightshades, the outpost had been destroyed and Elvira wasn't there. So we made our way down to the Orc main camp, and found her alive in the tent on the hill.

Feb 17, 05 at 7:22pm
George_K

I used to log on as garr.

Yeh, I know. Why am I still fooling around with a game that would not end correctly and strange things happening throughout even with the 1.2 game update? A few weeks ago I upgraded to XP Pro. Couple of days ago decided to see if the game Arcatera would work in XP Pro/svc pak2. It does and absolutely smooth (p4 3.2 and 1024 of 3200 ddr 400.

I got tired of playing HL2, Riddick, XIII, and so forth. Is there any well to do people out there who would buy the rights and source code to Arcatera in order to rework and re-release the game? Gee, I wish! but since Westka went bankrupt many months ago, and Sascha Hussock hasn't been heard from, who if anyone has rights to the game?