Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance » Why has Sub-zero aged so badly? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 21, 05 at 5:08pmGazmando

As most of us know, the Original Sub-zero from MK1 was killed by Scorpion, and in turn he became Noob Saibot.

In MK2, this Sub-zero was actually the younger brother of the original Sub-zero, and has continued to be since MK2.

In MK3 Sub-zero didnt wear his usual Ninja mask, and just the outfit. This when he had the red tatoo/scar over his eye.

Now in MK3 he looked fairly young, along comes Deadly Alliance & Deception, he suddenly looks about 50 years old, has wrinkles and grey hair.

Okay time has past since then, but why has he aged so badly yet others like Lui Kang, Johnny Cage, Sonya dont look a single year older?

Its the same Sub-zero

I must admit, I like the frosty arm look he has now, but christ it must sting when he takes a piss.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 23, 12 at 8:55pm
disposinglion

hay guys what about the new cyber sub-zero where does he come into play i mean that in the campain or what ever it is called the younger sub-zero gets taken in and changed into a cyborg because his faction was changing to cyborgs like cyrax and sector. but i dont know if that changes anything but... post if u have any comments.

Jan 03, 09 at 5:51am
RisingPower84

Guys, he looks older because of the Dragon Medallion he got when he became grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. It enhanced his power and turned his scar blue and his hair icy silver.

Jan 01, 07 at 5:17am
SilentScream

It could be because he's a mortal, with special powers. That would explain why he looks human when he takes his masks off and Scorpion's just a skeleton without his.

Jul 14, 06 at 8:16pm
klesk

quote Gazmando
Ahhh,

Now you say that about the medallion thing, it rings a bell.

I remember this mentioned whilst playing Konquest, and I think you are right, they mention something about the medallion making him age.
you are right about that although i don't play sub-zero all that much i also read about that medallion it enhances his freezing abilities but at a price my favourite bio is reptiles evolution time during his past and future and how much he has changed since the last ones. they both have something in common.

Jun 29, 06 at 5:58pm
C10vi5

or maybe Deadly Aliance is not supposed to go along with the others and sub-zero's alt costume in deception is the what he looks like after he dies and noob is part in the brotherhood of shadow where as sub-zero is a lin-kai of what ever

Jan 22, 05 at 10:54am
Gazmando

Ahhh,

Now you say that about the medallion thing, it rings a bell.

I remember this mentioned whilst playing Konquest, and I think you are right, they mention something about the medallion making him age.

Jan 22, 05 at 10:17am
inazuma

His age might have something to do with the medallion he now posesses,frost couldnt handle the power of the medallion only subzero could.Maybe the power of the medallion has something to do with his ageing.

Jan 21, 05 at 7:26pm
Cleric

Although they don't give a winner from any of the games bar the first one which Liu Kang won, they kinda hint that Liu Kang is the winner of them or most of them, and if you win you don't age till the next tournement due to the gods powers and the rules of the tournement.

If this is true then it still wouldn't count for any others I guess.

Maybe in MK2 and 3 he is quite old just has black hair in MK3, so his grey hair could be due to his ice powers as ice is white/grey themed.

Most probably just a plot hole as they thought he looked good.

Jan 21, 05 at 5:40pm
Gazmando

This could explain it. It could be an adverse effect of ability to freeze things or something.

Anyone else have any theories?

Jan 21, 05 at 5:18pm
Budokai Freak

maybe he age's quite quicker then the other people?
my friend told me something else about him but i forget wut it was. it had something to do with his ageing.

This message was edited by budokai_freak on Jan 21 2005.