Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Max Payne » Is max payne worth it? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 18, 02 at 7:45amChrisisdude

I have heard that in max payne on the ps2 when gun fights start the game can not handle it and it slows down to a really bad frame rate. If you could please tell me how much this really affects the game and if it is worth buying in general. Cheers Chris

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 16, 06 at 2:32am
Mishtram

It's a question which all people can answer for those that would want to know. A lot of forums tend to have these, and a lot of people may take this advice to heart while browsing them, so it's nice to see them bumped every once in a while.

Nov 14, 06 at 6:34pm
Chimaira

wow this thread is 4 years old lol and still people are commenting on it.

Jul 19, 06 at 3:40pm
Ri22y

Yes, it's worth it. It may sound a long time as it was made back in 2001, but still, it's a legendary game to have. It has got a lot of levels and a very appealing storyline with a lot of twists and turns. It also features a new Bullet Time mode where everything is all slow motion and you have a greater advantage while capping your enemies.

Jun 30, 06 at 12:13pm
Rizanian

well get the game only if you lurv the cake.

Dec 17, 05 at 8:37pm
Rizen Again

I recommend the game and yes the gunfights are a tiny bit jumpy. But only like once every 5 missions or something. Seriously, get this truly outstanding 10/10 game!

Nov 28, 03 at 4:08am
BrandNew

Definately a great game, i recommend it also.

Nov 04, 03 at 7:08am
moekid20

this is a very good game i recomend it.

Oct 28, 03 at 9:07pm
Matt v1

it is a very fun game but the time that it take to beat is bad, it probly takes more time to earn the money! but overall it is pretty awesome

Aug 26, 03 at 1:47am
Turkish

The game runs on a very low framrate ALL THE TIME. However, most of the time you can even notice it. If you play the game a lot you will get use to it, then you will play another game for a while, then go back to Max Payne and really notice the difference. The game slows down considerably when in a gun fight or large room, but not to the point that it hinders the gameplay, and like I said; you will get use to it.

The game takes longer to load that some other PS2 games and all of this is because they did a shitty job of translating it onto the PS2... but the game is WICKED fun despite.

My suggestion: Get the game on the X-Box or PC if possible, if not get the PS2 version because the game is totally worth it and at $20 now it it's even more worth it. I have had it for a year now and haven't even thought about trading in because I still play it from time to time. The gameplay is addicting and the Bullet-Time just sweetens the deal. If you like hardcore action games with a terrific story mixed in get this game, it's a classic.

Aug 26, 03 at 12:18am
Ki11ah

max paynes gameplay slows down a little bit on mine and everytime that i get in to a gun fight it slows down i have so advice to u people dont buy it its not worth it