Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy VI » Which would you Rather have: Ragnarok Esper or Sword?? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Oct 26, 04 at 6:07pmblue_dragon409

id rather have the esper because i never did get it and i didnt know if it had a spell only it could give me

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 15, 12 at 6:48am
wwwrupamborthakur2

Do you guys still own an Snes. I don't but I play FF III and all the other SNES games on my Ps2 using the Snes Station Emulator. B.T.W. can it be used to play NES games?

Oct 10, 12 at 12:28pm
RyanPhoenix

Which is the better option? The Sword. What do I normally go with? The Esper. I just like to see that full Esper list... or nearly full, until the game has a laugh at me with the Odin/Raiden Esper. -_-

Dec 09, 11 at 2:18am
Xanato

Please don't spread false information. The mechanics of the Ragnarok esper have been turned inside-out by several people (with hacking experience) and shows that there is no enemy which turns into Illumina or a Ragnarok sword.

Dec 09, 11 at 12:11am
Smitty

Guys...I can't believe I'm the only one to do this. I have 3 Illumina swords because I took the esper. It took me over 500 attempts but I finally turned an enemy into one. I found it in the basement of Figaro Castle on the way to the engine room. I found 2 more there pretty quickly (around 100 times more each) so I bet thats the only place it works.

Dec 07, 10 at 5:03am
TGArthur

You can also steal Ragnarok from one of the bosses at the end of the game, no?

May 05, 06 at 5:17pm
Makeaton

i've played the game trough countless of times. wagering out the good and bad, i'd pick the sword. as said, the shield will teach you ultima. the esper is only good for the spell though. i found the attack of the esper useless.

"Liek, zomg! teh enumie is teh ietum!lol"

honestly, who needs a esper that has a low chance of turning your enemy into a items?

May 04, 06 at 3:23pm

Gotta Grab da Blade.....Reasons?

1) Wager it at collessieum------>Illumina...the Illumina combined with the Offering will Produce WORLDS of HURT for ur enemies....

2) The Cursed shield WIll provide the Ultima Teaching.....if u have the patience for it lol

May 02, 06 at 6:19pm
blue_dragon409

I just found Final Fantasy Anthology in a store on Wednesday so I'ma play through a few times and figure it out for meself which I like Better

Apr 20, 06 at 3:50pm
Skyland

Sword

Ultima, you can learn it from Paladin shield (made after 255 battles equiping Cursed shiled), so you do not need Ragnarok Esper for that reason. Converting enemies to item is nice with Esper (Vanish X Ragnarok Esper), too but that's not very benefitial.

With Ragnarok sword, you can get Flare to randomly occur after attack. Ragnarok can be converted into Illumina which has better defense but same attack as Ragnarok. Illumina randomly casts Holy.

Jan 22, 06 at 11:42pm
Lavis_Cannon_Loto

I took the sword(later traded it in for Illuminia), and learned Ultima thru the Paladin Shield.