Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dark Side of the Moon » problems with dark side » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 11, 02 at 10:07amMaryKay

Hello all,
My problem is that after the intro (a bit too long in my opinion), after the flight attendant tells the passengers that we are about to land my game just stalls. I am running Win/ME,I have the right video card (the game teck tried to shine me on with that as a possible problem) and more than enough memory. Anyone know what to do??? ALSO, FYI to everyone out there who may want to purchase this product, IT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY SOUTHPEAK. The tiny instruction book that comes with the game states "SouthPeak Interactive proudly supports its games. If you encounter any problems while playing DSOM, please contact our trained technical support." WRONG. While waiting endlessly for someone to answer my question above, the tech told me that SouthPark does not support this game. After trying to call the number on the back of the box (this number is wrong, the correct number is 804-379-8404, I was told that SouthPark purchased the company that originally created the game 2 years ago but did not purchase Dark Side. So, in fact, for 2 years, no one bothered to put a simple sticker on the box letting us, the poor schmucks know that we may be purchasing a ROTTEN game. Enough of my schpeele. Anyone able to help, please contact me. If you have not purchased this game, I suggest you move on to something like Myst III. This is an awesome, wonderful, fun, interesting game. Well worth the $$!
Cheers.
Mary Kay:#

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 02, 03 at 1:59am
ccmerlot

running on XP, even with 'compatability' set to either '95 or '98, and still the problem persists with the invisible diaglog and no game-save. E-mailed Southpeak, and received a reply: no support for this game as it is old, out of print [and useless!!!]
It seems like such a promising game, tho, and i just wish, hope-against-hope, that some sci-fi fan will find a way...

Aug 13, 03 at 10:35pm
Mage4780

Yes, it truly is a shame this game has such a major flaw. I just purchased a new-unopened copy of this game last month, and tried everything to make it work properly. There's nothing I can find to fix the dialog problem, but you can save a single game on it. It's tricky, but works like this. Hit the save game option, then type in something simple, like "W" then hit save. The game will say "saved sucessfully." when you wish to restore, simply go into the restore option, then hit "W" and hit restore, and your game will pick up where you saved it.

Man, somebody's got to make a patch to fix this dialog issue!

Jun 30, 03 at 1:39pm
Slaaash

Hey, I got the same prob. Maybe you need a certain text font loaded on your computer...

May 17, 03 at 6:56pm
Jake Wright

quote eldoubleul
So, how do you correct this problem? I have it too. I also got the run around from the Southpeak techs.
has anyone found out how to fix this problem yet? it's been years, and i still haven't been able to play the game! somebody, please tell me!! e-mailing me would be greatly appreciated! thanks..

Jan 28, 03 at 7:15am
eldoubleul

So, how do you correct this problem? I have it too. I also got the run around from the Southpeak techs.

Jan 24, 03 at 7:55pm
Trill

**Boo**

Aug 27, 02 at 11:31pm
BacardiJim

Your game isn't frozen. It is waiting for you to select one of the two invisible dialogue options under the picture of the stewardess. See that big empty area under the action window? That is where your dialogue choices are...only many of us have the problem that we can't SEE the font in which they are printed. This means you just randomly click in that area until you trigger something. The REALLY bad news is that this same fon't problem keeps you from saving/restoring games, thus making the game...well...useless.

Jan 11, 02 at 10:07am
MaryKay

Hello all,
My problem is that after the intro (a bit too long in my opinion), after the flight attendant tells the passengers that we are about to land my game just stalls. I am running Win/ME,I have the right video card (the game teck tried to shine me on with that as a possible problem) and more than enough memory. Anyone know what to do??? ALSO, FYI to everyone out there who may want to purchase this product, IT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY SOUTHPEAK. The tiny instruction book that comes with the game states "SouthPeak Interactive proudly supports its games. If you encounter any problems while playing DSOM, please contact our trained technical support." WRONG. While waiting endlessly for someone to answer my question above, the tech told me that SouthPark does not support this game. After trying to call the number on the back of the box (this number is wrong, the correct number is 804-379-8404, I was told that SouthPark purchased the company that originally created the game 2 years ago but did not purchase Dark Side. So, in fact, for 2 years, no one bothered to put a simple sticker on the box letting us, the poor schmucks know that we may be purchasing a ROTTEN game. Enough of my schpeele. Anyone able to help, please contact me. If you have not purchased this game, I suggest you move on to something like Myst III. This is an awesome, wonderful, fun, interesting game. Well worth the $$!
Cheers.
Mary Kay:#