Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Between the Buried and Me » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Sep 02, 04 at 1:51amIscariot

-between the buried and me

§ · Despite a rut in their development as a band, BTBAM was able to recruit a select few replacements and continue their merge into the hardcore scene, and remain on good terms with former bandmates, now members of Bury Your Dead.
Combining frontman Tommy Roger's low growls with skull-splitting riffs and percussion, and occasionally slowing down into an almost emo state, BTBAM displays a more balanced, experimental side of the hardcore scene.

I recently got into the band, having seen them in late August at the Meow Meow in beautiful, deadly Portland, OR. Truly a unique sound among the opening acts, BTBAM has forever captivated me with their talent. And what a live show these guys put on. They'll be on tour again in October, with Converge and CaveIn, so check local listings.

Anyone else a fan?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 11, 13 at 10:43am
EricF

Listened to Parallax II for the first time last night in full after enjoying Alaska... what an absolute journey. Gorgeous album. I especially loved Silent Flight Parliament.

Oct 05, 12 at 7:45pm
N00b Killer

Only four more days!
But yeah, one of the other reasons I haven't downloaded the new album is because this rapper Bambu just came out with a new album and I've been listening to that all day/everyday since it came out on the 2nd. Once Parallax 2 comes out, I'll be switching to that though.

Oct 04, 12 at 10:45pm
LightWarrior

quote N00b Killer
I am so tempted to download the leak for Parallax II but it comes out pretty soon so I decided to wait. Glad to hear that it's good though. I didn't think it would be bad but I'm very glad to hear that.
Btw, from when I last posted, I've still not stopped listening to it. I... I think its one, the best Between the Buried and Me album to date, and two the best prog album I think I've ever heard. Its soo *bleep*ING GOOD.

I want my physical copy damn it!

Oct 04, 12 at 9:50pm
N00b Killer

I am so tempted to download the leak for Parallax II but it comes out pretty soon so I decided to wait. Glad to hear that it's good though. I didn't think it would be bad but I'm very glad to hear that.

Oct 02, 12 at 8:04pm
LightWarrior

Has anybody else heard the album yet? Oh my god is this album just... I can't describe at how amazing this album was to listen to. I'm about my 15th playthrough it and I have no intention of stopping. Every. Single. Song. Is. Amazing. I also love the hints back at the original Parallax EP (In Extremophile Elite). I cannot express how good this album feels, every moment of it feels like a masterpiece. Silent Flight Parliament is out of this worldly good. Along with Extremophile Elite for that matter. I cannot wait until the 8th to pick up the CD and a shirt. Must. Represent. This. Band. More. I'm soo *bleep*ing happy this album broke my expectations by far. And I had high hopes going into this album because of their masterpieces beforehand (<<<33333 Great Misdirect & Colors sooo *bleep*ing much. Well all albums for that matter, even the EP).

Oh and, Astral Body was good when they released it, but once you hear the song before it that leads into it, it changes the song sooo *bleep*ing much. I knew that was going to happen. Along with Telos, both are amazing on their own, but the buildup from the previous songs give them so much its unreal. <<<<<<<333333 20000000000000/10

Jul 24, 12 at 1:12am
N00b Killer

*bleep* yes was my exact thought too, Waiting till I get paid and then I'm pre-ordering this as soon as my check clears

Jul 23, 12 at 11:12pm
LightWarrior

*bleep*. Yes.

Feb 04, 12 at 2:33am
Polarity

Didn't really like the EP myself. It just felt like a weaker version of Colors/The Great Misdirect.

We'll see.

Feb 02, 12 at 5:49pm
Searle

Sounds good Wasn't a huge fan of that EP, but have hopes for the album

Feb 02, 12 at 1:07am
slaythebad

Between the Buried and Me recently announced (via Facebook) that recording for their new album - so far known as Parallax 2, since it is a spiritual continuation of the EP - has started. I'm guessing it will come out sometime in the fall of this year, but that might be a bit hopeful.