Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas » Draw Distance Improvement » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Jul 24, 04 at 5:13pmcoke_bear

In an interview with Dan Houser (president of R* games), houser said that the view distance is twice as far as before in the city and four times as far in the countryside. What are your opinions in how far the view distance should be in the sky (while flying a plane, of course)? Do you think it should be the same as it was in GTA 3 or Vice City? Discuss the view distance in SA here:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 21, 04 at 8:30am
doctapeppa

quote Incidnia
I agree it should be improved, but it's not like anything is wrong ewith it already, I mean, look, at the right of this image, you can see those rocks that are atleast 2 minutes drive away, thats a lot of Draw Distance. Although, it is annoying when you can see a blurred building, and then the sharp copy pops up, it really makes it look fake, and also annoying on the eyes.
I SEE NO ROCKS

Jul 24, 04 at 10:12pm
Darkel

quote DMC24guy
So, I wonder if when you are in the desert or forest or even on top of the mountain you would be able to see the cities off in the distance, or even the glow.
Heh, it'd be cool if you stay in the desert long enough and start seeing mirages of cities in the background. And no matter how much you run, you'll never get any closer to them and you'd just get lost in the middle of nowhere lol.

Jul 24, 04 at 10:02pm
ChiroVette

That's a good point El Juako. I remember, espcially in GTA III, there were spots where you would go to and you would lose all vehicles and peds. It made the streets seem weird and unrealistic. I remember particularly in those high points on Shoreside Vale behind Cedar Grove where you did the mission "Gripped" and I would zoom in with the Sniper and the streets were totally empty.

I hope they fix that even though it really is a very minor draw distance issue.

Jul 24, 04 at 9:43pm
El Juako

buildings draw distance was good, what im worried about is pedestrian and car draw distance, asn if you got in to some rooftop you couldnt snipe very far because the draw distance was too close and there were no people far away

Jul 24, 04 at 9:35pm
The Judge

So, I wonder if when you are in the desert or forest or even on top of the mountain you would be able to see the cities off in the distance, or even the glow.

Jul 24, 04 at 8:40pm
Smoke

So pretty much in San Andreas you can see further than the real Los Angeles (Due to Smog).

Rockstar never stops to amaze me, My guess is how they're doing this is the new rendering technology, they said they'll render trees far away as one, but when you get closer it does them individualy. Maybe they are going to do this with buildings and houses as well?

Jul 24, 04 at 8:37pm
Airwalked

Meh, I'd like to see fog...and blurred buildings in the distance and stuff...but not as bad as it was in GTA3

Âïrwå£kèÐ

Jul 24, 04 at 8:15pm
Incidnia

I agree it should be improved, but it's not like anything is wrong ewith it already, I mean, look, at the right of this image, you can see those rocks that are atleast 2 minutes drive away, thats a lot of Draw Distance. Although, it is annoying when you can see a blurred building, and then the sharp copy pops up, it really makes it look fake, and also annoying on the eyes.

Jul 24, 04 at 7:44pm
Bucketsofrain

Oh yeah I remember the fog.
I would have liked that in Vice, more realistic.

Jul 24, 04 at 7:40pm
chales56

There was fog in the third one that was to the point of zero visibility. i noticed it during flying the dodo. it had a green tint and most of the time caused me to crash since u could not see ur height. Never noticed it in vice though. i think that it shouldnt be put into the game.it was crap and really annoying when uve been up in the air in teh dodo, which could be hard at sumtimes, then the sky goes green and u end up in the ocean. sumtimes ur map is no use if ur over the ocean and the map is jsut black.