Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas » Just how big is a state? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Jul 19, 04 at 2:21pmTec 9

If your like me and, A) Do not live in america B) Have absolutely no idea how big a state is, then do not fear for I am here to show how big a state is.

Evidently some states are bigger than others but there is a clear average of state size.

Lets take the state 'WY' and compare the vice city map to it.

Wow look how big a state is compared to Vice City. This game is going to be massive.

I now notice this no way helps anyone at all get a perspective of the size as no one knows the size of WY in real life and I just resized all the images to a scale that suited me therefore there is no real logic or anything relevant in my size comparison.

Please don't close this thread just yet. It's been so long since I started a thread, and you can see I have no good ideas for new threads.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 10, 04 at 6:35pm
Big Willie

Ok heres a comparison for those who don't know how big a state can be.

I live in South Carolina, its a relatively small state, I'd say below the average state. Columbia the capital is almost exactly in the middle of the state. It takes an average of about an hour and a half to get there from pretty much anywhere in the state. So that means to go from north to south or west to east or vice versa and in between an average of 3 hours to cross the state in areas that have the most mileage. Now translate that into GTA time add a some more minutes to get it average and thats how long it would take for you to go from one side of San Andreas to the the other.

Aug 10, 04 at 6:16pm
Gaffer

i aint writin a novel mr monkey. im jus writin as how i tink i wud say it. i think that people can understand wot i mean, whereas wiv dat mistake of urs, the "the" instead of 'they' situation, it may hav confused people.

anyway enuf sed. i understand i shorten me words.

Aug 10, 04 at 2:32pm
graymonkey44

quote Gaffer
wot matters the most is how they fill the size of the game. if they just have big stretches of ground or sea, they can claim its 5 or 6 times bigger, but it aint really that gud.

they will fill it tho. rockstar wudnt cheat us. wud they.
Okay lets first start off with wot,then its,aint,gud,tho,wudnt, and don't forget about wud. And don't get me started with all your other posts and i misspelled once and that's because I was typing fast. And also maybe you should use proper grammar as well.

Aug 10, 04 at 2:02pm
Gaffer

i can spell better aswell, B-E-T-T-E-R.

there u go

Aug 10, 04 at 2:00pm
Gaffer

ya know, its always annoyin wen sum1 corrects u for ur spellin.

its even more annoyin (and amusin) wen they cannot spell themselves,

quote graymonkey44
Maybe the won't cheat us if you spell better.
shame on u for attemptin to correct me. i take it that "the" was meant to be 'they'

Aug 10, 04 at 1:47pm
graymonkey44

Maybe the won't cheat us if you spell better.

Aug 10, 04 at 1:39pm
Gaffer

wot matters the most is how they fill the size of the game. if they just have big stretches of ground or sea, they can claim its 5 or 6 times bigger, but it aint really that gud.

they will fill it tho. rockstar wudnt cheat us. wud they.

Aug 10, 04 at 1:33pm
ashinx3

yer 5 at least wud be good , but 6 better.. well just los santos still could make a whole game in its self

Aug 10, 04 at 1:27pm
Gaffer

i heard 5, but 6 sounds gud.

Aug 10, 04 at 1:22pm
Incidnia

I think it's 6 times the programming than in VC, so all the programming and data that went into VC, there's 6 times as much in SA.

Atleast that's what I thought, I could have sworn. Oh well.