Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Secret of Monkey Island » Monkey Island and Windows XP » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 29, 10 at 2:19pm
Ms_Sassy

Hello. Can anyone tell me if its possible to install the first Monkey Island on floppy disk onto Windows XP?

Jan 29, 08 at 6:33am
ataraxia

quote Tev
Now, if I could only get the old Sierra classics like KQ and Laura Bow working, I'd be a happy woman.
Why not check out the fan-based remakes ? They are good fun, true to the original and adapted to newer operating systems and hardware.

E.g. remake of King's Quest 1 & 2, there is also a great remake of 3 available somewhere ...

http://www.agdinteractive.com/

Oct 07, 05 at 8:59am
kitkatsavvy

http://www.bitenova.org/index.php?idx=details&id=6f72ea020fe3ecd0a928f49599ed2112fb967e5f

works with sound in english on xp enjoys email me how i got it working

Jul 25, 04 at 2:00am
Tev

Well, I just wanted to say that I figured it out. All I had to do was access the files on the cd and create a shortcut to the .exe in the english folder and use the VDMSound system. The sound does cut out if I use F5, but I can live with that, at least I can PLAY the game.

I'm on a roll now! I've gotten Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Rebel Assault 2, and Sam and Max: Hit the Road all working on windows XP! Now, if I could only get the old Sierra classics like KQ and Laura Bow working, I'd be a happy woman.

Jul 07, 04 at 9:50pm
Tev

Hi. I'm an old fan of the Monkey Island games, and I was hoping that someone could help me figure out how to play the first one (and possibly the second one if I can find the CD) on Windows XP. So far, what happens is that I get to the first screen with the music playing and then I try to choose the language (english) that I want, and then the game blows up and I'm back to my desktop. Can anybody help me out? I'd really appreciate it, I miss playing this grand ol' game.