Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Secret of Monkey Island » Monkey Island and Windows XP » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 29, 10 at 2:19pm
Ms_Sassy

Hello. Can anyone tell me if its possible to install the first Monkey Island on floppy disk onto Windows XP?

Jan 29, 08 at 6:33am
ataraxia92

quote Tev
Now, if I could only get the old Sierra classics like KQ and Laura Bow working, I'd be a happy woman.
Why not check out the fan-based remakes ? They are good fun, true to the original and adapted to newer operating systems and hardware.

E.g. remake of King's Quest 1 & 2, there is also a great remake of 3 available somewhere ...

http://www.agdinteractive.com/

Oct 07, 05 at 8:59am
kitkatsavvy

http://www.bitenova.org/index.php?idx=details&id=6f72ea020fe3ecd0a928f49599ed2112fb967e5f

works with sound in english on xp enjoys email me how i got it working

Jul 25, 04 at 2:00am
Tev

Well, I just wanted to say that I figured it out. All I had to do was access the files on the cd and create a shortcut to the .exe in the english folder and use the VDMSound system. The sound does cut out if I use F5, but I can live with that, at least I can PLAY the game.

I'm on a roll now! I've gotten Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Rebel Assault 2, and Sam and Max: Hit the Road all working on windows XP! Now, if I could only get the old Sierra classics like KQ and Laura Bow working, I'd be a happy woman.

Jul 07, 04 at 9:50pm
Tev

Hi. I'm an old fan of the Monkey Island games, and I was hoping that someone could help me figure out how to play the first one (and possibly the second one if I can find the CD) on Windows XP. So far, what happens is that I get to the first screen with the music playing and then I try to choose the language (english) that I want, and then the game blows up and I'm back to my desktop. Can anybody help me out? I'd really appreciate it, I miss playing this grand ol' game.