Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Bust-a-Groove 2 » Bust-A-Groove 3 Ideas » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 07, 04 at 5:58amDark Heat

If they make a Bust-A-Groove 3, what kinds of characters do you think they will have?I was thinking that if they make a part 3 they should make it more team based, like where as you go, you can have people join you for the final match against the "bosses" that would be a team of 3 of the best dancers ever. Also if they do that there should be a team mode where you pick 3 characters and just go through all the teams. Your characters could have different choreography moves depending on who you pair up, and during the solos they could perform character specific team moves. They also need to have a way to get different clothes for your characters and also they need to bring back all the old songs and stages (redone) and even throw in some remixes.
Crew vs. Crew would be awesome but they would have to leave in the 1 vs. 1 mode for the die-hard fans. Something I wonder though if they make a Bust-A-Groove 3, what kinds of new characters do you think they will have?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 08, 09 at 3:55pm
giamatti

the first idea didn't quite clicked to me, really. adding a team element to the game might sound cool and all, but i don't think a good interpretation gameplay-wise of this teamwork thing could be fully made out.

my idea is essentially just an improvement of the game and picking things up on where it has left off. what i'm thinking is that we take in the ideas of the previous versions and add in a new element but somewhat closely connected to main ideas.

i focused on the characters. we know we want a lot of them back. but i suddenly thought up of a problem that could arise from this situation: what's one character got to make you choose him/her rather than anyone else on the list aside from the fact that he could shoot fire or drop candies and cakes on opponents? and my answer: greater depth on characterizations. this would mean that its not just the jammers they or the costumes they wear that make them unique from each other. it should a lot more and should be greater in detail.

this was why i had the thought of giving greater emphasis on the dance styles. sure they've got their own thing goin' on, but what do they do next aside from pressing arrows and shapes then attacking or somersaulting backward? my idea: we also give the arrows character. not only will gamers be dealing with arrows, shapes and shoulder buttons while playing a character but also on exactly how to play them. take heat, for example, whose current style is b-boy, a visually strong and sometimes wild dance that goes straight on the beat. with that it could be conceptualized and given a combination of arrows, shapes and shoulders present in this dance that could not present in any other styles. basically, the the idea is that dance styles of the characters themselves will be given deeper interpretations and presented in notes that feel comprehensive and reminiscent of the dance style being interpreted. the combination that should be created for the style should remind and give the player a small taste of the nature of the certain dance style that his/her chosen character has.

next would have to be the storyline of the characters. much facts were presented in the games, but not much relevant information were given. for one thing, it wasn't all that clear why the f*** is that student tsutomu dancing his a** out there, for example. this is why a concise storyline be given for each returning character within the game. they should be given a background and a very clear reason and purpose for dancing or knowing how to dance. for tsutomu, it could be conceptualized that he may have grown up into a teenage college student who works part-time as a club dj and got exposed to the culture of house dance in the process. synergies among character storylines may also be called in. it could be further conceptualized that tsutomu and gas-o were rivals (they were both genius students from their heyday) of the same one girl who also happens to be another popular character in the game; something like that.

and then going back to the dance styles, i suggest that some characters be updated and given new dance styles to work and experiment with to greatly complement their corresponding characterization. we do know that hamm looks quite latino in the american version of the 1st game and we could also say that he may have went back to his roots in latin america this time around to find out about a problem around the town he's from. due to this, we further say that he may have a different style this time. and, coming from his background, it could be said that the corresponsing dance style that he might have is something like latin hip-hop or dancehall. and with that, the entire character goes into full perspective and is rightfully a "real" character with a life and a thing to relate to.

then there's the music. yeah, avex and east japan did great on the 1st two games but of course, an update should be done. the music that goes along with the nature of the characters should be given a deeper interpretation this time around in order for them to make greater sense rather than merely just another beat to dance to. we could assume, for example, that a fairly suggestible song for gas-o would be clazziquai's tech house song "robotica" which has a rather sad, sober and very electronic feel to it. going back to hamm, seeing as he has conceptually changed style, he may have the right to use the songs of the likes of pitbull, big metra and the like. tsutomu could make use of more funkier side of house music and have a taste of artists like basement jaxx and house rulez.

i would also like to make a suggestion on the stages and backgrounds and thought of giving one character multiple scenes and areas within the game. how could it use all of them ingame? by giving certain conditions that players could follow and, in a way, "unlock" the stage and be able to play it. with greater following to the depth of the characterization, we then present numerous visual representations of the character formed that could relate well to it, most especially to its personal storyline, unlike being simply just a background to dance at, like a big wallpaper with cameras around to shoot and record your dance-off with.

the same thing goes for the clothes and costumes that should also present a variety of combinations present for even just one character of the game. aiding further in giving the character perspective, the clothes they wear should go along what they essentially possess as a character - a special uniqueness that makes a character distinct from others, which might have been present throughout the two games but has not been fully emphasized.

in summary, i'd like that the characters be given a complete and very thorough redefinition and reinterpretation in order to gain a greater understanding of them and be able to present further their uniqueness and specialty from one another, despite how many characters there really are within the games (not yet even including the new characters that i'm thinking of adding, actually).

Feb 18, 07 at 2:01am
dcd655

wanna know what's weird they do have a third i think it's bust a groove-dance summit. You can check out this video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf-6uDo9tVk&mode=related&search=

It was released in 2001 on the ps2 which i never knew!

Dec 11, 05 at 2:58am
meeshelle x333

oh please bring back Frida! That`s all i ask for! Take out Comet .. ug i didn`t like her as much. Well .. think of some good music too.

when do you think your going to give out BAG3?

Nov 29, 05 at 7:54pm
Porridge12345

does any of you have the first bust a groove?i have it but it took me about 4 months of searching to finally get it.i heard its one of the rarest games on the playstation.

Nov 19, 04 at 8:51pm
kittykatnakajima

Yeah what your saying sounds good, and i think they need to definatley re-integrate some of the old music and stages into the new game, but also they should bring some old characters back like pinky i kno alot of people probably didnt like her as a character but i think she was a good character she brought more diversity to the game but yea alot of the old characters they should keep and just re do them and make some really cool and original new characters also...

Jul 07, 04 at 5:58am
Dark Heat

If they make a Bust-A-Groove 3, what kinds of characters do you think they will have?I was thinking that if they make a part 3 they should make it more team based, like where as you go, you can have people join you for the final match against the "bosses" that would be a team of 3 of the best dancers ever. Also if they do that there should be a team mode where you pick 3 characters and just go through all the teams. Your characters could have different choreography moves depending on who you pair up, and during the solos they could perform character specific team moves. They also need to have a way to get different clothes for your characters and also they need to bring back all the old songs and stages (redone) and even throw in some remixes.
Crew vs. Crew would be awesome but they would have to leave in the 1 vs. 1 mode for the die-hard fans. Something I wonder though if they make a Bust-A-Groove 3, what kinds of new characters do you think they will have?