Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Sitting Ducks » Sitting Ducks Problem » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 16, 04 at 6:01amAlexander Tait

Help. I bought this game yesterday but have trouble with the StarForce protection on all 3 (!) of my cd-rom drives.

Is there any way around this?
Is there a key I can enter to bypass the cd-rom check?
Is there a way to configure my cd-rom so it works the way StarForce is expecting it to?

Any thanks much appeciated.

Alex

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 01, 09 at 6:13am
mwest83988

Hi Robert-

I bought the game and had so many problems I sent it back to gogamer.com and they took it back and refunded my money. Do you think the company will come out with the same game with out all the problems?

Thanks

margo:confused:

Apr 01, 09 at 2:34am
Robert Roehm

I think the problem lies with the Starforce failing to read inside the installer archive. They probably used a different version of the installer build software than the version they had of Starforce was capable of reading inside. Starforce checks the CD, and opens the installer archive to check for the statistics of a few files. If they matched what was recorded, it passed a command to run the game executable, with a special code command so that the game would run.

I think this one issue was the cause of the game missing the intended Black Friday 2003 (11-21) release, condemning the game as well as the entire line of LSP's future product line altogether. Stores don't like empty shelves, and will sink any company that fails to deliver a reliable product on time.

Jul 10, 04 at 5:53am
mwest83988

Hello-

Have you checked the paperwork, it normally gives a phone number where you can get the number.

Good Luck

Margo[color=purple][/color]

Apr 18, 04 at 11:48am
jim28

quote Sadiq
Can anyone give me the cd key for Sitting Ducks
im also looking after the cd key. Do You have it?

Apr 06, 04 at 12:09pm
Sadiq

Can anyone give me the cd key for Sitting Ducks

Feb 16, 04 at 6:01am
Alexander Tait

Help. I bought this game yesterday but have trouble with the StarForce protection on all 3 (!) of my cd-rom drives.

Is there any way around this?
Is there a key I can enter to bypass the cd-rom check?
Is there a way to configure my cd-rom so it works the way StarForce is expecting it to?

Any thanks much appeciated.

Alex