Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X): 4th Arc: That it is. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 06, 04 at 2:28amSolitaire

Welcome to the latest installment of discussion of anime's favorite non-lethal swordsman and his group of.... misfits

All I ask is that you;

• Play nice
  • Avoid insipid one-liners
  • and don't turn this thread into a chat-room.

Now that I got that out of the way, it is time to let the conversations re-commence.

If Kenshin were an animal, what kind of animal would he be? What about the rest of the team?

Kenshin Archive:

Rurouni Kenshin
    Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X): Second Arc
    Ruruoni Kenshin (Samurai X): 3rd Arc: Oro @.@

• Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 01, 14 at 4:06pm
    Awesomecake

Has anyone read the Rurouni Kenshin Restoration chapers? They're quite good =3

ALSO I'm sooooooo excited that there's gonna be two more movies for the Kyoto arc.
    I just hope they do well, I think this is the best chance for getting the Jinchuu arc adapted.

Oct 02, 13 at 4:14pm
    Miragedres

Freaking sweet. 1st movie turned out really good and exceeded my expectations.

Oct 01, 13 at 12:19pm
    Soda

https://www.facebook.com/L.Lawliet.fanclub/posts/10151603994657461 Just gonna drop this here. Apparently movie #2 is on the way.

Sep 16, 13 at 9:21pm
    Corruption

So, not sure if a separate thread should be used to talk about the live-action movie or no, so I'll just leave this here for now.

But I completely missed the movie coming out and only just now settled in to watch the adaptation of my absolute favorite manga and anime of all time, and...it's really, really good. I was very surprised with how well-done the movie is. The fights are a lot better than I was expecting, and the mish-mash of story was familiar, but different enough in a way that made it refreshing to see.

Also, I'm glad I watched this when everybody was asleep, because I am making some extremely...odd noises.

...I may have squeed each time Kenshin said oro.

Jan 16, 13 at 10:11am
    Soda

quote Corruption
    Oh, you're new to the series? That's awesome. Rurouni Kenshin has been my favorite for a very long time. I'll be careful not to spoil anything, then. It's a really great series. ^^
    You have awesome taste.

Jan 16, 13 at 9:42am
    Rondo

Yeah, the first two seasons was the stuff. It was all nicely put together. I heard so many bad reviews of the third season that I never actually watched it.

Jan 15, 13 at 9:10pm
    Fluidity

quote Quierta
    I plan on watching the anime a little while after reading it, since I heard that's also amazing @_@
    The first arc (Wandering Samurai) is great for introduction and the second (Legend of Kyoto) is the best the series has to offer. Both stay true to the manga and I'm confident you'll enjoy them if you're enjoying the reading. The third arc is pretty crappy though. It's all filler that focuses on some kind of religious nonsense while it should be covering the Jinchu saga. You probably have no idea what I'm talking about but you'll understand once you get there. Just thought I'd give you a fair warning so you're not totally clueless when you get to the Meiji episodes and start WTF-ing. ._.

Jan 15, 13 at 8:23pm
    Duncan Idaho

Quierta Good taste on manga! if you liked it read busou renki and embalming: an other tale of frankenstein

Jan 15, 13 at 6:43pm
    Corruption

That's the best way to read anything. =D

Haha, yeah. I remember I was in junior high when I first picked up the series. My school library had the first twelve volumes, but that was back when the manga was still coming out. I had to wait a month for each volume after 13.

And yes, the anime is amazing! I really hope you enjoy it.

Jan 15, 13 at 6:08pm
    Quierta

Thanks for not spoiling!

I always avoid everything. Videos, images, even peoples' reactions. Names of characters, names of arcs. When I read/watch things I like to be totally oblivious. Zero expectations!

I just started reading a few months ago - I've been relatively slow with this one. Reading it at the suggestion of Dash the Stampede since it's one of his favorites. I'm enjoying it so far! It also helps that my library has all of the actual books, which makes the experience better for me.

I plan on watching the anime a little while after reading it, since I heard that's also amazing @_@