Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Cross Platform User Reviews » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 01, 12 at 7:45am
Insanity Prevails

I've seen it happen before and I don't think I quite found out back then. For some reason it seems content gets carried over across certain profiles. Since I've already bugged him for one thing I might as well grab Wolfwood's attention for this too.

Oct 01, 12 at 6:51am
Hell Fire

On this point, a few of my reviews have just gone multi-platform. For example, I submitted a review for the PC Witcher 2 before, now in my review list, it's under PC and MAC. The same goes for my PSP version of Peace Walker which is now under XBOX 360.

Any idea why this is happening?

Mar 16, 08 at 6:34pm
Mnmfan

Glad to see this become a rule. I've never submitted the same review twice as I consider it to be cheating to get more Neopoints. I'll be on the lookout for dups.

Oct 16, 04 at 3:27pm
Quetzalcoatl

Well, you mentioned that the games don't have same features with one console with the other, but there are some game that are very similar example: Oni in PC and Oni in PS2--they are alike and very similar so can we submit cross platform user review for this two games?

Dec 01, 03 at 1:58pm
Kuduros

This is a heads up on a growing trend which is only set to get bigger if something is not said about it now. As of yesterday, you will no longer be allowed to post identical user reviews across different platforms for the same game. This will apply to already existing identical user reviews as well. To explain what I'm talking about, take Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon, a recent multi-platform game. It was released for the XBOX, PC and PS2. Now take our fictional member, Trenton_Banks53. If Trenton writes a user review for this game, he can only write one for the copy of the game that he owns. So, if he bought Broken Sword: TSD for the PC, he could only write a user review for the PC version and would not be allowed to post the same user review in the PS2 and XBOX forums. If a Member says they have a copy of the game for two or more platforms, they must write unique user reviews in relation to each platform. This does NOT give them permission to post identical user reviews.

Why? Well, despite the games being very similar across all 3 platforms, many things differ such as the amount of onscreen action, the loading times, the graphics, what settings you can change/alter, the controls and sometimes the game content can differ as well, with extra levels for some versions that others wouldn't get. If a member such as Trenton posts his PC user review in the PS2 forum, it might not necessarily apply there because the game could have more levels, problems in the PC version which caused Trenton to review it badly might have been fixed in the PS2 version and loading times could have been present in the PS2 version whereas there might have been none in the PC version.

If you come across a Profile containing identical user reviews across multiple platforms for a game, report them all with "Identical User Reviews Across Multiple Platforms" as your reason for reporting and moderators will then remove them.

I've tried my best to explain this but if things are still confusing, ask your questions here or [ NeoPM ] me.