Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » SoulCalibur II » Remembering The Old Days... Screen Comparisons » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 03, 03 at 9:24amSaint Jaycee

This message was edited by Saint Jaycee on Sep 03 2003.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 12, 11 at 1:08am
GreatIdear

Soulcalibur 1 is the best game i've played in the series(I,II,III)

i lve the character selct music

Jan 01, 04 at 8:47pm
Syndelle

It'd have been cool If they'd have released Soul Calibur on the PS2, there was such a long wait for Soul Calibur 2 (In the UK, at least ) and Soul Calibur would have definitely kept me happy.

Jan 01, 04 at 12:14am
Saint Jaycee

Try playing both games side by side, or one after the other.

Dec 31, 03 at 4:49pm
Taker4ever

yeah, I know that, but Soul Caliber still looked not as good, IMO anyway.

Dec 30, 03 at 5:03am
Saint Jaycee

quote Taker4ever
I agree that SCII compared to SC is no great graphical leap, but I fail to see how SC's graphics are better than this one, it all looks so bland and blocky.
Not better technically, they're just presented in a way that looks better.

And if you're talking about the screen shots above, those are from Soul Blade on Playstation, not Soul Calibur.

Dec 30, 03 at 1:44am
Bass Plus

The first 1 was really cool i still play it sometimes

Dec 29, 03 at 5:49pm
Taker4ever

I agree that SCII compared to SC is no great graphical leap, but I fail to see how SC's graphics are better than this one, it all looks so bland and blocky.

Dec 29, 03 at 3:42pm
Syndelle

I know exactly what you guys mean about character models looking soooo much better in Soul Calibur on Dreamcast. Yeah, graphics of SC2 are brilliant, but all the character models look kinda...plainer? If that makes any sense. They looked so beautiful in Soul Calibur, they seem to look wider and less polished in the sequel; the features just don't seem as higher quality. I liked the costume designs much better in Soul Calibur aswell, they weren't as boring as the ones present in SC2. To be honest, I prefer Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast. I really miss that thing, it was such a nice console aswell...*sighs* Luckily I've still got my dreamcast - The only reason I bought one at all was to play Soul Calibur which really took my breath away.

Dec 29, 03 at 11:19am
Saint Jaycee

If you can, try a store named Game Crazy. They always have cheap Dreamcasts there.

As for the game, I saw it at our Game Crazy just today, but it's kinda' rare.

But online, that's a different thing. You can always find someone who's selling the game. Some idiots sell it for 100 bucks, but usually it's around 15 to 30 bucks.

A cousin of mine bought one off E-bay last week for $19.99.

Anyway, here's a pic of Hwang from Soul Blade on Playstation. Man, he was so much better than Yunsung.

Nov 13, 03 at 7:44pm
Sphinx

You can get a Dreamcast that cheap now? I am gonna really consider trying to get my hands on one if thats true, as I love SC2 andloved SC when I played it at a friends...