Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy Tactics » Underrated Characters << Contains Spoiler >> » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If your message involves or pertains to several games of the Final Fantasy series, and not this game specifically, please post it within the General Final Fantasy Forum instead.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Oct 30, 01 at 9:12amTsogtoo

First off, I always hear from people about how much certain characters are "useless" and "pointless"... umm, no... every character in this game can kick some serious ass if used well.

Reis

Believe it or not, my best friend once told me that REIS was pointless, and a waste of time to get!!! Well, let`s see, she`s my favorite character for a reason, you know

First of all, her growth rate is downright ludicrous. Unlike every other character in the game, you don`t need to change classes a million times to get her some good stats when leveling up/down. Just go down as a Dancer, and up as a Dragoner. But aside from leveling up/down, she has some amazing benefits. First off, there are her bracelet abilities. She has all three, and an added fourth. To get these anywhere else, you would need multiple dragons to do it, and who has that kind of space these days??? Ice, Fire, and Thunder can exploit many, many weaknesses of enemies. If the enemies are bunched up, throw a Holy Bracelet at them. Sure, it`s unpredictable and downright nefarious, but when the enemies are out of range and she has nothing to do, it`s a cool attempt to get some jp without having to hit one of your own party members. Not only that, but it looks damn cool as well. Furthermore, if there is a dragon in your party, namely anything from the Dragon or Hydra series, then she becomes your best friend. Dragon Tame in itself has a 100% hit rate, meaning that if you`re in what seems to be an impossible battle, it can be a cheap lifesaver. While in your party, Dragon Care, Dragon Powerup, and Dragon Level Up are second to none in Monster Support abilities. Not only can you easily replace lost HP, but you can also raise your pet`s CT to 100!! Your dragon get his turn, then Reis is next?? no problem! Just use Dragon Level Up, and BOOM, you`re ready to go again Also, remember Ramza`s scream ability?? Dragon powerup is exactly like that, only it raises every stat by two, while only giving a 5 point brave increase. Think that`s all?? Umm, hell no! Her INNATE abilities are Monster Skill, Monster Talk, Train, and Two Swords!! Basically, you now have a character than can give any monster secret abilities, whack any enemy twice, has the ability to talk to monsters, and can train enemies if she whacks them into critical! As if that weren`t enough, did I mention that she can equip the Ribbon and the Chantage?? Hmm, an invincible Reis surrounded by 3 Tiamats and a Dark Behemoth sounds pretty fun to me I did it just last night. Sit back, let the enemies damage the dark behemoth, blast them with Ulmaguest, and then finish them all of with Triple Flame, Triple Thunder, and Dark Whisper

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 20, 12 at 4:15pm
Kylander

I have honestly never used move-find after chapter 1. You don't need it. The game is not that difficult. I don't even know what a chantage is, and I've done just fine. 5 calculator knights will every spell known to the game? easy as pie. 97 brave + damage split and auto-life? dragons/tiamats/hydras/behemoths are nothing. the ability to tame them is nothing when in 3, maybe 4 turns I can kill several of them.

Jul 09, 12 at 12:12am
Hillandder

Reis have a various benefits in the job dragonner, she have two swords, monster skill and train without equip the abilites.

Rafa is the caracter in the game with lower brave value, it make her the best option for exploring Deep Dungeon, the odds for find the secret itens with move find item is 100% - brave value, with her the odds are 69%.

May 18, 12 at 7:12pm
Fourthbracelet

tsogtoo, in the un-truth equation, faith is taken as 0 faith, not innocent as would be expected. This is because the faith multiplier in the un-truth equation is (100-faith) unlike magic which is (faith). The faith status sets the faith multiplier equal to 100, so in the case of un-truth, it sets (100-faith) equal to 100. Also, even though I didn't see anyone say this here, I'm going to mention that truth is only dependent on MA and not faith because everyone thinks faith has something to do with it.

Aug 19, 02 at 10:49pm
SailorMercury

That's sort of off topic here, since this thread is about underrated characters. Not how over-powered Orlandu is.

Aug 19, 02 at 7:58pm
heero33

i have a team of Orlandu as holy swordsman, malak lancer style, ramza as a knight, a tiamat, and cloud as soldier.

Aug 15, 02 at 7:01pm
bigmax51

He said that because it can be had to deal alot of damage with a bow.

Aug 15, 02 at 1:48pm
heero33

quote oblivion46000
quote SailorMercury
As for underrated characters, or in this case, classes; Squires and Archers don't deserve all the smack they get. I'l be the first to admit that I never use archers outside of Chapter 1, but in Chapter 1 (and early in chapter 2) they are death machines. Give them Germanis Boots and Jump +1 and they'll scale most buildings to get great shots that cover almost the entire field. With Concentrate their attacks never miss.
I love archers! I still have one and I'm near the end of Chapter 4. Especially with Concentrate, Beowulf, and Charge+20. Charge+20 isn't really good to use and wastes a bit of time to kill of the last guy. If you use Beowulf to sleep them and Charge+20 the archer will do almost 500 damage at level 40. Fun to use, that's about it. My archer also does some decent damage with the Ultimus Bow. He does around 100 damage. I even once beat Altima with a team of archers.
I can do that much with one knight!

Aug 15, 02 at 2:39am
SailorMercury

I did the Archer SCC, and that's what changed my mind about them. I used to be one of the most anti-archer people you could meet.

Aug 15, 02 at 12:53am
oblivion46000

quote SailorMercury
As for underrated characters, or in this case, classes; Squires and Archers don't deserve all the smack they get. I'l be the first to admit that I never use archers outside of Chapter 1, but in Chapter 1 (and early in chapter 2) they are death machines. Give them Germanis Boots and Jump +1 and they'll scale most buildings to get great shots that cover almost the entire field. With Concentrate their attacks never miss.
I love archers! I still have one and I'm near the end of Chapter 4. Especially with Concentrate, Beowulf, and Charge+20. Charge+20 isn't really good to use and wastes a bit of time to kill of the last guy. If you use Beowulf to sleep them and Charge+20 the archer will do almost 500 damage at level 40. Fun to use, that's about it. My archer also does some decent damage with the Ultimus Bow. He does around 100 damage. I even once beat Altima with a team of archers.

Aug 14, 02 at 5:05pm
SailorMercury

I agree with all except Mustadio. If anything he's Overrated. Sure, his Snipe abilities are cool, and he can use a gun in his special class, and he makes a great Mediator/Chemist, but I'd much rather have a generic Chemist/Mediator in my party with Punch Art or Draw Out as their secondary ability. The Snipe skills are sort of usless(in my opinion) once Beowolf joins your party, since he can use them all AND packs a stronger punch albeit from close range.

As for underrated characters, or in this case, classes; Squires and Archers don't deserve all the smack they get. I'l be the first to admit that I never use archers outside of Chapter 1, but in Chapter 1 (and early in chapter 2) they are death machines. Give them Germanis Boots and Jump +1 and they'll scale most buildings to get great shots that cover almost the entire field. With Concentrate their attacks never miss. Squires, on the other hand, are great throught the game. Their ability to take the bonuses of Hats and Clothes with the power of heavy weapons (Swords, Axes, Maces) is great, especially when you consider their other abilites. Move +1 and Gained JP Up have been used my every successful Tactician during Chapters 1 and 2. Move +1 continues to be great in the late game, and Gained JP Up is great for classes like Lancer where the good skills cost loads of JP to get. Try fighting Altima with a team of Squires. I garuntee you won't loose.