Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Gaming Lounge » Sony UK boss fears Nintendo's decline could adversely impact the market » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 02, 14 at 2:03pmAvalith

Sony UK boss fears Nintendo's decline could adversely impact the market

Philip Moody - Sunday, February 2, 2014 2:03pm (PST) Like Share
Someone still loves Mario, at least
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 09, 14 at 8:46am
trev

nintendo has been cheating amrica for years true i grew up on nes snes gb gbc gba an game cube an N64 but pokemon mew celiby jarochi deoxys were removed from usa games it hurt me when i had 2 cheat 4 them when japan dont have 2 but they also put tabs in my snes so it cant play import games with out a converter of course i ripped those out but all of that was done an there consol didnt have the tabes so they cam play import so if nintendo can stop cheating us i may return 2 them untill then im going 2 say microsoft sony and classic nintendo for me

Feb 03, 14 at 7:22pm
Slash

quote Wakaman
Not that it would ever actually happen but imagine a Nintendo IP on a Sony console and vice versa.
I don't anyone would care if Sony IPs were on a Nintendo console. People want Nintendo IPs to be multiplatform because Nintendo home consoles are terrible. Having something like Uncharted,GoW,TLoU,etc. on a Nintendo console would be basically having those IPs downgraded visually and gimmick based. =p

Feb 03, 14 at 12:38pm
LiveVoltage

Nintindo has good and bad when it comes to its consoles and game's. Nintindo did well with the 3DS but the Wii U felt like a remake of the Wii.

In all aspects being considered though, Nintendo needs a change of management. someone up there making the corporate decisions is being an idiot. any good buisness leader would have realized by now that they are doing something wrong that's making them lose profit's.

Feb 03, 14 at 12:31pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Dilute
And that's because Nintendo fails to enter the gamer's market fully. Nintendo isn't in India, a place where people die to play Nintendo games. Nintendo isn't in Latin America either, but I guess that doesn't make much of a difference.
you forget that nintendo is somewhat on latin america, they have stores in brazil, argentina, chile, peru, bolivia, panama, mexico and other ciuntries of the region, they overlook the ones with the 3rd world label tho so it means piracy grows stronger.

Feb 03, 14 at 9:00am
Epoch

Fear not, for if they stop producing consoles, they can always just produce titles like sega did.

Feb 03, 14 at 7:51am
Candypoof12

One, Nintendo is going. They're doing pretty bad. I'm sure there are many people who think that because they're still getting a lot of money they'll be fine, but consider this: $10,000? That's a lot of money for us. We could get all the essentials and more. But for a big name company? $10,000 is nothing. Sure, they're still making money, but sometimes when a company is going out it may be not because they're flat out of money, but because they may have the money to try out one more thing and if it flops... They're dead.

Two, I've seen some listing of other company's kids games and let me say this: You didn't list all of them, but had you listed the same amount of Nintendo's kids games which list would be closer to completion? Not Nintendo's. Plus, less people know those games. I'm extremely disconnected, but I barely knew most of those. Nintendo? I know most of those.

No matter what you choose to believe, it looks like Nintendo isn't doing well, and will need a pretty big miracle to get turned around.

Feb 03, 14 at 7:46am
Shin Ra

I thought Nintendo had epic sales figures

Feb 03, 14 at 7:36am
Wakaman

Not that it would ever actually happen but imagine a Nintendo IP on a Sony console and vice versa.

Nintendo just really needs to make Iwata understand and move away from gimmicks and underpowered consoles. Yeah they've been very innovative but if they haven't learned yet gamers want traditional controllers back. Mario doesn't need 1080p @ 60FPS but they have other IPs that would greatly benefit from it like Metroid or F-Zero. Hell they don't even really need online but they need to understand that we don't want an overpriced, underpowered, yo dawg I heard u like Mario, Nintendo/console.

All that said #supportNintendo

Feb 03, 14 at 3:02am
dilute

Since when did Avalith start writing news articles? o:

Feb 03, 14 at 1:09am
DarkLordAkuma

When people say they don't think Nintendo are doing as bad as people think, then what about their projected figures? They went from a fairly big profit, to a pretty big loss. I'm no expect on financial figures, but it looks like they will be in trouble if they don't do a significant turn around in terms of sales... which isn't looking that likely.