Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » General Gameboy Advance » GBA News and Announcements » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Hi, welcome to the general GBA forum. Why don't you Register as a member and recieve all the goodies- free! Please remember to read the [link name=Rules thread]<a href="<a
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 23, 03 at 11:04amRPG_Master44

Hello all, this is a thread for general info regarding the Gameboy Advance system, either it be new accessories, upgrades, new developers, selling numbers, cancellations and all that post it here.

General News

Top 50 Japanese Games Sold
(Updated: Feb 22, 2003)

(Rank/Name/Publisher/System/Units Sold/Total Sold)

GBA Games Only
2. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance|Square|GBA|225,993|225,993
6. Metroid Fusion|Nintendo|GBA|48,156|48,156
9. Pocket Monster Sapphire|Nintendo|GBA|27,050|1,994,220
10. Pocket Monster Ruby|Nintend0|GBA|26,530|1,951,215
15. Pawapuro Kum Pocket 5|Konami|GBA|13,233|133,068
22. Kirby Star: Fountain of Dreams|Nintendo|GBA|6,908|616,034
32. Battle Network Rockman EXE 3|Capcom|GBA|4,917|378,995
35. Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3|Nintendo|GBA|4,240|348,963
39. Inu Yasha: Naraku's Invitation Trap|Takara|GBA|3,292|29,184
42. Sonic Advance 2|Sega|GBA|3,025|112,969

GBA Console Sales

Sales in January|Cumulative Installed Base|Software Ratio
266,000|12,159,000|2.78

Game Updates

- Square's Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for GBA has sold more than 225,000 units in Japan since its release on February 14, the game has also received a platinum score of 34 / 40 in game reviews.

The RPG/Import Info Man strikes again

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 11, 12 at 9:24am
alivia_patel

Raptor8rules: LOL! You're probably right.

Jul 02, 07 at 3:14pm
ash 770

does anyone want to know how to catch missingno on pokemon red:confused:

Apr 23, 07 at 8:03pm
Raptor8rules

the pokemon inventors think we're stupid!!!! they're making the games easier and now an infant could take the GBA from u when you're playing pokemon and beat the game in an hour. whats with that?? we're problaly smarter than they are!!

Apr 03, 06 at 3:14am
The Video Game Geek

They did used to do it. I have Super Mario Six golden coins.

Mar 31, 06 at 3:43am
Jeg

quote luigi009
Wow, so they are finally adding a greatest hits series to the GBA. Isn't this the first time this has been done to a portable system? Also, it sort of stinks that I have all three of those games. I know the box's will have the big "Player's Choice" on it, but will the game cartridge look any different?
Hey, aren't you being a little too picky? I wouldn't care.

Mar 31, 06 at 12:29am
Chad

Wow, so they are finally adding a greatest hits series to the GBA. Isn't this the first time this has been done to a portable system? Also, it sort of stinks that I have all three of those games. I know the box's will have the big "Player's Choice" on it, but will the game cartridge look any different?

Mar 30, 06 at 10:44pm
Jeg

^
That's great news! I really want to buy Yoshi's Island, but I can't find it in stores! Hopefully they'll sell it again!

Mar 28, 06 at 9:40pm
MJ12 L0rD

COURTESY OF IGN.com
March 9, 2006 - Though it definitely seems like 2006 is the year of the DS at Nintendo, the Game Boy Advance won't be getting the shaft…at least in its entirety. We've learned that Nintendo of America is readying its Player's Choice line of "greatest hits" games for a lower pricepoint on the GBA front, with three games ready to premiere the line next month.

Player's Choice is the moniker for hugely selling classics in the Nintendo library, reissued for a cheaper price. The line goes way back to the days of the Super NES, Game Boy classic, and Nintendo 64, and the company has continued it on the GameCube.

Starting April 2nd, the series will make its debut on the Game Boy Advance. Three games in the company's library will go Player's Choice on this day: Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3. Each of these three games will be repackaged in a new Player's Choice box and priced at a MSRP of 19.99.

More titles will be announced to join this series. Stay tuned.

Thank god. It took them long enough. And they made some good choices, although they are too Mario-biased.

Jan 21, 06 at 5:52pm
Chaos Swordsman

As far as we know right now, they're going to be separate.

Jan 21, 06 at 4:36pm
MusiKon

So are these two games going to be on separate carts or put together like FF I & II?