Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » PlayStation 4 » PlayStation 4 is the fastest selling console in UK history » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Flag Bronze Trophy COD Ghosts Good Cole Crash Bandicoot 1 Delsin Rowe Dualshock 41 Dualshock 42 Evil Cole Gold Trophy Guerrilla Games Helghan Helghast Logo Knack Kratos Nathan Drake 1 Old Snake Platinum Trophy PS2 PS3 PS4 Playstation Logo PSX Sackboy Infamous Second Son Silver Trophy Sly Cooper Spyro the Dragon Spyro the Dragon 2 Sweet Tooth
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Dec 02, 13 at 12:18pmleochan

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 02, 13 at 9:10pm
Rendan

quote Ville_Valo
quote Northern49
Microsoft made the same mistake with the X1 as it did with Windows 8, they did not appeal or purposely market their system toward the experts who write and review online. If you don't have the media's interest, you won't get mass interest of your product. If the experts who write articles don't like your product, they will write article after article convincing the masses that it's a waste of money and that kinect will spy on you, and promote your competitor as the smarter alternative.
Far more prominent, they didn't appeal or market their system towards gamers. Who the hell did they think would buy it?!
COD players maybe? Because everyone knows COD players aren't gamers....

Dec 02, 13 at 8:13pm
Ville_Valo

quote Northern49
Microsoft made the same mistake with the X1 as it did with Windows 8, they did not appeal or purposely market their system toward the experts who write and review online. If you don't have the media's interest, you won't get mass interest of your product. If the experts who write articles don't like your product, they will write article after article convincing the masses that it's a waste of money and that kinect will spy on you, and promote your competitor as the smarter alternative.
Far more prominent, they didn't appeal or market their system towards gamers. Who the hell did they think would buy it?!

Dec 02, 13 at 4:34pm
Northern49

I doubt it will break the PS2. PS2 had people buying it as a DVD player, whereas everything does bluray now, including X1. Plus more and more people stream, which can be done from any tablet, PC, or Smart TV. Physical media is dying.

Dec 02, 13 at 3:08pm
THM

PS4 will break the record of PS2 and PSOne.

Dec 02, 13 at 3:03pm
Northern49

Dec 02, 13 at 2:58pm
Slash

But we don't know how many Xbone's Microsoft shipped out to the UK. For all we know Microsoft could have only shipped 170k units to the UK.
I still don't think you can compare the PS4/Xbone sales until a few months later. I see the PS4 outselling the Xbone but it might not be by a massive margin. :C

Dec 02, 13 at 2:54pm
tekmosis

I wouldn't really count Wii U in sales. It's a pretty lack-luster system with not that many games, and marketing for the console is just really bad everywhere. There's a large amount of people that don't even know the Wii U is a brand new system.

170k is a drop in the bucket considering that there's 56 million people in the UK and it's only about 17% of the Xbox One's total launch sales.

Dec 02, 13 at 2:49pm
Slash

But people in the UK do care about the Xbone...
It sold around 170k units in 9 days, which is more than the WiiU total sales in UK.

Dec 02, 13 at 2:47pm
Northern49

^ Exactly, especially not people in the 18-28 demographic.

Dec 02, 13 at 1:44pm
tekmosis

I remember during E3 when Sony was tooting their horn about ESPN, and NetFlix and then it ended up that the 360 outsold PS3's in the UK. Now, Microsoft has all these features the only work in the US (some not even in Canada) and so I can see why UK and Europe wont give a crap about the Xbone.

I think it was a really poor choice on MS' part to try and push the whole TV angle. How many people really watch TV these days? Seriously.