Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 » PES or FIFA » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Oct 22, 13 at 7:48amPESorFIFa

Right, I know the answers may be a little biased as this is the PES forum, but I'm wondering what game I should get out of these two. I always preferred FIFA especially with Ultimate Team, but tbh this forum looks so better and more friendlier than the fifa forum.

The only thing I dislike is how PES have no team names, badges etc

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 27, 13 at 9:53pm
Dion ks 11

Very true! The fifa forum and wiki needs a lot of work!

Oct 27, 13 at 9:12pm
aussie_tim

You are correct but I have given up on that place.. 3 weeks of Fifa14 being out and the forum is depressing as shit! I'm glad I got both titles again this year though, Fifa14 isnt a bad game, but damn, it's gonna be a while before Pro Evo 14 leaves the 360. Really enjoying the new Pro Evo which is surprising after all the horrible reviews I've read. I guess some people just don't realise a class game when they see one

Oct 26, 13 at 8:06am
Dion ks 11

quote aussie_tim
I bought Fifa 3 weeks ago on its release day. Picked up my copy of PES 14 on Thursday and after only 2 nights of playing, PES'gameplay wins it for me.
It looks like football - atleast the way I'm choosing to play it offline v the AI. The new engine seems smooth and the game takes a little time to get to know. Love a learning curve. New controls and features are really superb in my mind and the depth in in-game commands is amazing.
The game may seem a little undone outside of the football, but it's nothing Konami can't iron out with patches. Also, remember this is a build for NG versions and the debut game away from the old engine. But nothing seems game breaking from my point of view. Comparing it with Fifa's issues and annoyances, PES is far better and feels cleaner when you're on the pitch.
The passing in Fifa can get a little left-right, left right, over the top boring. In PES using your deft touch dribble and range of passes, looks more lifelike. There are more angles being played and smarter runs to retain possession. Add the choice of manual pass any time you want by slapping in L2 and you have immense control.
The manual team mate control is something that puts a big one up over Fifa for me. L1 and flick RS to help your runner on his way gives you that much more control over your team play. Pass and move plus one two leaves you with options too. Add to this the new combination play where you can have 3 set moves of your choice from various parts of the pitch and you're in for a treat.
Auto feint is something that has really taken me by surprise and I didn't think I'd be enjoying it as much as I am. It's a very nice fresh touch which adds some fine looking moments to the play. Having the two types of skill setups, level of passing assistance, advanced shot and through ball will give the game good longevity and choice.
A fine game and if you're a football fanatic it is worth every cent.
Interesting, this being said by someone who us more active in the FIFA forum if I am correct!

Oct 26, 13 at 5:13am
aussie_tim

I bought Fifa 3 weeks ago on its release day. Picked up my copy of PES 14 on Thursday and after only 2 nights of playing, PES'gameplay wins it for me.
It looks like football - atleast the way I'm choosing to play it offline v the AI. The new engine seems smooth and the game takes a little time to get to know. Love a learning curve. New controls and features are really superb in my mind and the depth in in-game commands is amazing.
The game may seem a little undone outside of the football, but it's nothing Konami can't iron out with patches. Also, remember this is a build for NG versions and the debut game away from the old engine. But nothing seems game breaking from my point of view. Comparing it with Fifa's issues and annoyances, PES is far better and feels cleaner when you're on the pitch.
The passing in Fifa can get a little left-right, left right, over the top boring. In PES using your deft touch dribble and range of passes, looks more lifelike. There are more angles being played and smarter runs to retain possession. Add the choice of manual pass any time you want by slapping in L2 and you have immense control.
The manual team mate control is something that puts a big one up over Fifa for me. L1 and flick RS to help your runner on his way gives you that much more control over your team play. Pass and move plus one two leaves you with options too. Add to this the new combination play where you can have 3 set moves of your choice from various parts of the pitch and you're in for a treat.
Auto feint is something that has really taken me by surprise and I didn't think I'd be enjoying it as much as I am. It's a very nice fresh touch which adds some fine looking moments to the play. Having the two types of skill setups, level of passing assistance, advanced shot and through ball will give the game good longevity and choice.
A fine game and if you're a football fanatic it is worth every cent.

Oct 23, 13 at 11:53am
Dion ks 11

quote PESorFIFA
What to you mean ? and how do I get a option file onto my xbox
Check here. It'll tell you errthing

Oct 22, 13 at 10:55am
PESorFIFA

What to you mean ? and how do I get a option file onto my xbox

Oct 22, 13 at 10:45am
High Road

quote PESorFIFa
The only thing I dislike is how PES have no team names, badges etc
I'm shocked that no one has ever found a way around this.

Oct 22, 13 at 9:28am
Tomski

In this year's PES, the Edit Mode is quite comprehensive which means that any unlicensed teams can have their kit accurately created.

Here's a brief video of one of the popular OF's about. As you can see from the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, both of their kits look pretty good even though they're unlicensed teams.

Oct 22, 13 at 9:13am
Tommy Vercetti

Well I'm guessing they'll be out by next year around this time.

As for option files, they're pretty much a group of files and pictures that someone takes their time to make and pretty much gives the teams in the game their proper names, badges, kits, and squads.

Oct 22, 13 at 8:55am
PESorFIFa

quote Tommy Vercetti
I'd say wait for the next gen versions, which will be out next year, but if you can't wait and have to choose, I'd say PES. Better gameplay imo and don't worry about the teams not having badges and names a good option file could handle that with no problem. Do note though, there's reports of PES 2014 having some frame rate issues.
Do you know when they will be out next year? I've got enough money for the Xbox One but I want to get this game with that console as I'm probably getting it for Christmas. I might have to get it for current and next gen.

Also what do you mean option file? I've never played a PES game so have no idea how to do anything.