Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Tales of Xillia » Favorite Tales Character » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Tales of Xillia forum! Hope you stick around and have a great time here!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Apple Gel Colette Genis Kratos Lemon Gel Life Bottle Lloyd Melange Gel Milla Miracle Gel Orange Gel Pineapple Gel Presea Raine Sheena Zelos

hideOriginal Post

Sep 01, 13 at 11:20amSymphonic Abyss

So, for those of us who have been playing Tales games for years and years...and years, who is your favorite character from the entire series? Protagonist, antagonist, NPC...if you love 'em, tell us why! I'm really interested in seeing how many people love particular characters actually.

I'm a Kratos man and I have no problem admitting it. I think I'd go gay for Kratos. He's the perfect character in my opinion, even if he wasn't in the party for all of ToS. Still my favorite character in the series. Note that Jade from TotA is also VERY high up there.

(Psssst this may contribute to a forum game later on so yep)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 28, 14 at 3:43pm
Arietta

This is why Abyss is one of my favorite Tales games.

If I had to do strict picking, I'd say Jade, Anise, and Arietta were my favorites from that game. But really, even the antagonists in that game were awesome. If anything, Natalia is probably my overall least favorite character.
From Symphonia Collette and Kratos. I also liked Marta from Symphonia 2.
From Graces Cheria, Hubert, and Malik.
From Xillia, so far Elize and Rowen. Let's see if they still are by the time I finish it.
Didn't really like any of the characters from Vesperia.

Mar 01, 14 at 12:49am
ATG

Hmm...for me, my top five are:

1.) Kratos - I don't think I need to say anything to legitimize this! Lol. First off, Kratos was my first Tales character I ever played, and I instantly became an instant Kratos fanboy. He is just a pure badass, especially in his "Judgement" outfit! Lol. He's been through a lot in his life and, after 4,000 years, he's able to put aside any hate he once had and accept his life and circumstances.

2.) Asbel - Asbel, primarily because he has seen the evils of the world, and refuses to allow himself to feel hate. He refuses to believe that people are inherently evil, like Lambda believes, and continues to believe that people are good, to show Lambda that he was wrong and that there is good in the world. This relates to how I feel, and want to keep feeling, about the world.

3.) Leia - I love Leia because she is a kind soul. Perhaps the scene that made Leia one of my favorite characters was the scene where they fought the sexy cat lady and the other girl (It's been a while since I last played Xilia and I can't remember their names) and the other chick was falling when Leia caught her, only to let go of Leia's hand, falling to her death. Despite the fact that they were enemies, Leia had enough kindness and compassion in her heart to try and save "the other girl" and begged and pleaded with her to hold on. This scene broke my heart, as I could just imagine how Leia felt in that moment, sad, confused, angry, helpless, and too weak to help someone right in front of her, despite being her enemy. I would've broken down in tears if I were in her situation. Damn...from an emotional standpoint, I actually think that Leia might be my favorite "Tales" character.

4.) Sheena - I guess you could say that Sheena was my bounceback girl. Once Kratos ditched the party, I ended up going to Sheena for the rest of the time, since (for some unknown reason) I just couldn't get a feel for Zelos' combat style (despite the fact that it's basically Kratos' style). Plus, she's a character that I grew to love because she is something I love in certain women. I like girls that, on the surface, are tough girls and are independent, but in reality, they are huge softies that just want to find a place to belong.

5.) Tie between Alvin, Lloyd, Jade, and Zelos (looking at all the reasons that you guys have listed),

Jan 27, 14 at 2:58pm
Bowl of Soup

Wingul and Ivar YAY

Jan 27, 14 at 2:56pm
Bowl of soup

Wingul and Ivar YAY

Jan 01, 14 at 8:23am
Gonzales

I've only played two tales games so far as we don't seem to get many of them in Europe, Tales of Symphonia and Graces f (which I'm only a few hours into so far).

Kratos has to be my favourite, there really is no comparison. The amount of stuff he's been through is incredible and when you play through the game again knowing his backstory makes you see things in a very different light.

Then Lloyd is my second favourite character, he might have been a bit of a loser in the first few hours of the game but the character he ended up as was so cool, his idealism and relentless determination were certainly admirable qualities.

Jan 01, 14 at 8:09am
Kratos

I wouldn't hold your breath with characters in Graces. The characters weren't particularly strong. The gameplay is what made it great.

Dec 31, 13 at 8:34pm
Fauve

Graces does take awhile to get into. If you're able to at all.

I was never a huge fan of it, but I know some people who are all about Graces. It's different for everyone I guess.

Dec 29, 13 at 10:47am
Hell Fire

Im playing graces now, my second tales game. Im about 15 hours in and the cast are quite weak compared to xillia. Pascal and Sophie are the only two I want to know more about... only time will tell.

Dec 29, 13 at 9:30am
batsman

yuri

if there is one video game character thats similair to me its yuri, from appearence to personality

imediately got sucked in cus of that

Nov 09, 13 at 8:12pm
GlancingReverse

I'm probably part of the extremely small group that has Leia as their favorite Xillia character, maybe even favorite overall.