Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Mario Brothers » Mario Party 3DS Gets a New Name and Release Date Is Announced » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Mario MK8 Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Aug 29, 13 at 7:55amGotenks

Nintendo of America has announced exactly when eager gamers can get their hands on Mario Party Island Tour for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 2DS. Consumers in North America will be able to purchase Nintendo’s latest Mario Party game on November 22nd. European gamers will be able to get the game sometime this November.
Source

What do you guys think of the new name? I find it to be an interesting name and nice to see them kind of change it up from just being numbered or named after the system. And I do like the release date. Will be picking it up.

Don't forget to check out our Mario Party Island Tour forum for more discussion on the game.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 08, 13 at 5:35pm
Virtue

Not sure what to think about the Mario Party series at this point. It was awesome playing with friends/family as a kid but now that I'm older I don't think it can hold my interest any longer. I may pick it up for nostalgic purposes, but the lack of online play really kills it for me.

Sep 08, 13 at 12:28pm
Gotenks

Woops, I actually meant handheld Mario Party games Kokoro. I have owned basically every console version.

Sep 08, 13 at 5:24am
Steven

quote Charizard_2
Out of curiosity, what is the Nintendo 2DS? I've seen that mentioned in Statuses all over Neo, and I thought it was just a joke/reference of the original Nintendo DS.
It's a new announcement they made. Basically it's a 3DS which doesn't have 3D, but still plays the games. It's meant to be a cheaper option, and the 3D is usually turned off for most people anyway, so it seems like a good idea. Problem is, it's really ugly, it's too big for putting in your pocket, and it doesn't fold. Because of these issues, everyone on the Internet is hating on it. Although I personally don't see why, since it was designed as an alternative, not a replacement.

Sep 08, 13 at 5:05am
Kokoro

quote Gotenks
This will actually be my first Mario Party game that I will own. I played Mario Party DS for 20 minutes but I don't even remember much of it. I'm kind of excited.
You never owned a Mario Party game before? Well, that's something new that I learned here.

Sep 06, 13 at 8:23am
Thrawn

quote Gotenks
This will actually be my first Mario Party game that I will own. I played Mario Party DS for 20 minutes but I don't even remember much of it. I'm kind of excited.
Yeah me too actually. I hope this one turns out to be really good.

Sep 05, 13 at 12:19pm
Gotenks

Sep 05, 13 at 10:41am
Thrawn

I'm glad they decided to go with a title other then Mario Party 3DS which is indeed lame, like Mario Party DS.

Ether way I'm not sure if I'll actually be buying this game on release day, as much as I enjoy MP games it's really not necessary.

Sep 01, 13 at 8:57pm
Gotenks

I had a lot of fun with Mario Party 9 tbh. I loved the change up for it. The only problem was that a lot of the games were really easy.

Sep 01, 13 at 7:47pm
canderson

quote Lin Keui Swampert
I heard Mario Party 9 wasn't a Mario Party game at all relative to the past ones, not even having stars/coins and having bosses.
Yup, they decided to change up the Party Mode formula completely from the previous games, but I'd still rank it above 8.

It seems that they're going back to the traditional way with this game......well, at least players aren't moving at the same time, instead they're moving individully like past games.

Oh, and no online.

Sep 01, 13 at 6:16pm
Linnie

I heard Mario Party 9 wasn't a Mario Party game at all relative to the past ones, not even having stars/coins and having bosses.