Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » The Elder Scrolls Online » Bethesda wants Microsoft to drop Gold subscription fee for Elder Scrolls Online on Xbox One » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

The Elder Scrolls Online logo Adoring Fan TESO Dragon Knight TESO Aldmeri Dominion TESO Daggerfall Covenant TESO Ebonheart Pact TESO Nightblade Nightingales Symbol Chorrol Shield Conjuration Symbol Skingrad Shield Leyawiin Shield Kvatch Shield Bravil Shield Cheydinhal Shield Bruma Shield Whiterun Shield Illusion Symbol Oblivion Logo TESO Altmer TESO Argonian TESO Bosmer TESO Breton TESO Dunmer TESO Khajiit TESO Nord TESO Orc TESO Redguard TESO Sorcerer TESO Templar

hideOriginal Post

Aug 27, 13 at 4:44pmRabidChinaGirl

Bethesda wants Microsoft to drop Gold subscription fee for Elder Scrolls Online on Xbox One

Lydia Sung - Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:44pm (PST) Like Share
So you don't have to pay two fees
 Image 1
Source: OXM

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 13, 13 at 9:34am
Ascii

quote Solx
You require xbox live gold to play any online xbox games...... I would already have that, so in the end it would be the same as if I played it in PC. I would STILL have my live gold, cuz I like playing games like Battlefield/Ghosts and I would still be paying the $15.
Yeah this is what I was thinking. People pay Gold membership for internet access via their console so they can play Xbox games online. That has nothing to do with subscription fees to the games. Those are two completely different things. People who play on Gold membership already have Gold anyways.

Nov 13, 13 at 9:20am
Solx

You require xbox live gold to play any online xbox games...... I would already have that, so in the end it would be the same as if I played it in PC. I would STILL have my live gold, cuz I like playing games like Battlefield/Ghosts and I would still be paying the $15.

Oct 11, 13 at 11:30pm
harbin

Easy way to fix this. Refuse release for Xbone, price cheap or get it as a launch title for PS4.

Bethesda still makes money through what ever subscription model they use. People who really want it, buy the correct consoles as before. Less sales for Microbucks.

Sep 27, 13 at 7:29pm
BANDITO ATTACK

popcorn sales are going to be at an all time high before this game is launched.

bethesda: "drop your stupid fee so people will play our game!"

m$: "you drop YOUR stupid fee!"

bethesda: "NO U"

m$: "have fun developing your middleware platform to properly deliver large content on our regulated service LOL"

bethesda:

bethesda: "drop ur stupid fee"

m$: "LOL"

Sep 22, 13 at 5:59pm
LOD-squa

So basically Sony did not agree to drop the online fee, or they haven't decided yet? If Microsoft agrees to do it, they can gain alot more gamers that will pick the Xbox one over PS4 if they want to play TESO.

Sep 20, 13 at 8:32pm
Apple Riter

Dragon Age III, Dark Souls 2 among others.

There's plenty of fun games coming out to consume your time.
I don't see this model as being successful any more. It might be, who knows. For all I know, there's plenty of people out there that will gladly fork over a user fee to continue the Elder Scrolls saga.

This article is actually good news. Hopefully and probably, Microsoft will tell Bethesda to bugger off and deal with their own issues. That will put an end to the user fees, or else Bethesda will take a hit with console user sales.

Whoever the brilliant idiot was at Bethesda to dream up user fees, did not think forward enough and realize that console users may not be ready and willing to pay, essentially a double dip fee.

Aug 29, 13 at 8:40pm
RabidChinaGirl

Ded Valve Old as dirt. (P.S. My profile tells you.)

It's pretty good in concept and gameplay. But the UI is clearly meant for controllers. Even with a controller, it's a little ridiculous.

I'd like the game a lot more if more folks played it.

Aug 29, 13 at 5:21pm
DedValve

quote RabidChinaGirl
Ded Valve You'd be correct: FFXI came earlier. I remember talking about it back in high school. WoW came out in college; all the bros in my dorm went out for the midnight release.
how old are you lydia

Also I checked Defiance the other day on PSN, it was like $10 and it wasn't even on sale. Wow.

Is defiance any good though? Me and axe where thinking about getting it.

Aug 29, 13 at 12:32pm
RabidChinaGirl

Ded Valve You'd be correct: FFXI came earlier. I remember talking about it back in high school. WoW came out in college; all the bros in my dorm went out for the midnight release.

But no, I don't see this pay-to-play model working very well either. P2P MMOs are already on thin ice. Having a sub fee for your console service on top of that? Good luck.

(Defiance is another example.)

Aug 29, 13 at 7:48am
DedValve

You say I'm lacking in serious reasoning skill when you see nothing wrong with a subscription based, pay to play MMO with Micro-transactions?

Let me go through that again, Subscription based ($15 per month), pay to play ($60) MMO with Micro-transactions ($$).

Want me to go through that again?

This is money whoring. Plain and simple. These are things being offered for free in other pay to play games and this wouldn't be bad if it was a free to play game which it is not. Or hell even a pay to play subscriptionless MMO like the Secret World.

Going from the multitude of previews (even our own rabidchinagirl) say that this is just your typical MMO that doesn't deliver the Elder Scrolls experience so there's nothing really immersive going on there from an Elder Scrolls perspective.

And again allow me to bring up examples of what happens to subscription based MMO's that aren't called WOW such as the old republic, secret world, all points bulletin, etc. All of them exclusively on PC where players where not spending a measly $5 on PS+ or XBL and yet they still refused to pay for these MMO's. Now if that happened on an ecosystem where players weren't already spending money on online services, what about an ecosystem where players ARE spending money for online services?

The only game to have done this was FFXI which (iirc) came out before WOW. FFXIV is also coming out with a similar pricing and I doubt it can last with that even if it actually offers a FF experience in an MMO rather than be a typical MMOfest.

To say I lack reasoning skills when I have brought examples that show time and time again this model is unsustainable in this day and age and including a mix of these paying models is downright "EA" in terms of greed and you shrugging it off is a joke. A very not funny joke.

But I digress, if you still don't see a problem with this then go ahead and waste money on this game for all I care. I have the patience to wait for my inevitable free to play Elder Scrolls which in the end might not even matter if it's a typical MMO as many previews claim with none of the Elder Scrolls charm.