Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Post-War Glamour Girls » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Aug 20, 13 at 5:10amorochimaru1993

quote ilikerecords.com
In the last 12 months Post War Glamour Girls have built up a formidable reputation within Leeds ever creative music scene. Timeless in their approach, they spit desolate, often surreal tales of dubious morality over frenzied literate rock and roll foundations. This singular vision and a magnetic stage presence saw the band chosen to open the NME/Radio 1 Stage at Reading and Leeds festivals 2012.

Bandcamp

Discography
Ode to Harry Dean/ Spitting Pearls (7" single)
Tragic Loss; He Had Such a Lovely House (10" EP)

Jazz Funerals (7" single)

You can find most of their stuff on the Bandcamp. Love this band, though they've never gained much fame outside the Leeds local scene (I' from near there), so it would be good to see what an international audience thinks!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 14, 16 at 12:11pm
EvilTediz597

Glad you liked it judaspriest

Cannonball Villages is so good. I listened to Feeling Strange a bunch this morning.

Iscariot, definitely check out some of the other tracks posted in the thread or the albums.

Mar 14, 16 at 11:11am
Iscariot

thanks for the mention, EvilTediz597. the vocals in that first track took a little getting used to, but definitely enjoyed it and the second track even more.
will give some albums a listen and see how it all comes together.

Mar 14, 16 at 10:40am
judaspriest

EvilTediz597

I'd seen you mention these before on Neo, not sure if it was this thread of not?

I listened to Pink Fur and Feeling Strange today, twice. Fantastic albums. Highly original and obscure post punk, I'm a fan. How fcking good is 'Cannonball Villages'.

I'm actually gutted, they're playing in Stockton-On-Tees on the 26th of March which is a stones throw away from me. I can't make it, would have gone just for these if I could - There's loads of music going on that day for the yearly event Stockton Calling. I'm actually seeing The Last Shadow Puppets the night before in M'boro then off to Manchester on the Saturday, what a shame! Hope they play local again.

Mar 13, 16 at 1:00am
EvilTediz597

To Iscariot and judaspriest

For going above expectations in providing such detail to help with my list of musicians I've been meaning to check out.

Check this band out, one of my favourites.

Oct 09, 15 at 11:36pm
EvilTediz597

They released the second part not long ago. The whole album sounds incredible, I'm going to buy a physical copy to ship over when it's available.

Aug 14, 15 at 3:08am
orochimaru1993

I don't have time to listen to it all but this sounds *bleep*ing amazing. They just don't slow down, this band.

Aug 14, 15 at 1:07am
EvilTediz597

orochimaru1993

They literally just released this.

Jul 31, 15 at 11:50pm
EvilTediz597

quote orochimaru1993
Mate, I haven't seen any of the posts you made for the last couple of years, I had no idea you'd got so into them! They're sick aren't they? This is actually the first time I've heard Felonious Funk, sounds great. A new sound, it's actually pretty different. Are you from England? You should come with me to a gig some time. It's been ages since I've seen them, but my mate lives with the singer so it should be easy to get tickets.
I'm in Canada. Might be the only Canadian who listens to them, but I've been trying to change that. One of my favourite bands already, I have the postcard they sent me propped up next to my computer at all times.

Keep baking.

Jul 31, 15 at 3:27pm
orochimaru1993

here, what do you make of this
http://thespills.bandcamp.com/album/a-film-and-a-frame-crash-landed-clouds

Jul 31, 15 at 3:25pm
orochimaru1993

Mate, I haven't seen any of the posts you made for the last couple of years, I had no idea you'd got so into them! They're sick aren't they? This is actually the first time I've heard Felonious Funk, sounds great. A new sound, it's actually pretty different. Are you from England? You should come with me to a gig some time. It's been ages since I've seen them, but my mate lives with the singer so it should be easy to get tickets.