Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII » Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 sees Vanille's return, four continents, bigger breasts for Lightning » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jul 29, 13 at 5:36pmRabidChinaGirl

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 sees Vanille's return, four continents, bigger breasts for Lightning

Lydia Sung - Monday, July 29, 2013 5:36pm (PST) Like Share
Anticipate some revealing costumes
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 30, 13 at 7:52pm
Rabla

quote Slash
quote Rabla
So "It's the same because I said it is despite evidence to the contrary"

Oh yes, your argument using a single minor character who wears a full hooded jumper and is zero fanservice at all is very convincing.

Jul 30, 13 at 7:41pm
Xeros the Slayer

quote Slash
quote Rabla

quote Xeros the Slayer
I've only played 4, and I only remember one class having revealing clothing. And the chick in that class had like DD's. Even then, it's one picture and doesn't do shit like make stealing panties or something along those lines a plot point(NIS is pretty bad with stuff like that), or constantly refer to the characters who look like children as sexually aware and active or whatever. Or go out of its way to get upskirt shots. Or have a cover that looks like prepubecent girls in swimwear with massive tits mashed up against the front and each other.
I don't man this pretty bad especially since the artstyle of the game makes everyone look like they're 5.

I can't see anyone actually try to defend this.
The one on the right was the one I was talking about, but that's a different character model. And I'll repeat in saying that I didn't say it wasn't bad when it does happen in the game, but the game's entire identity isn't built up around it in the way those other ones are.

The face character of the game is this:

as opposed to this:

Jul 30, 13 at 4:26pm
ImmoStride

Am I the only one here that actually likes the news about Lightning?

Jul 30, 13 at 1:20pm
Slash

quote Rabla

quote Xeros the Slayer
I've only played 4, and I only remember one class having revealing clothing. And the chick in that class had like DD's. Even then, it's one picture and doesn't do shit like make stealing panties or something along those lines a plot point(NIS is pretty bad with stuff like that), or constantly refer to the characters who look like children as sexually aware and active or whatever. Or go out of its way to get upskirt shots. Or have a cover that looks like prepubecent girls in swimwear with massive tits mashed up against the front and each other.
I don't man this pretty bad especially since the artstyle of the game makes everyone look like they're 5.

I can't see anyone actually try to defend this.

Jul 30, 13 at 12:00pm
Auron32

and there goes one of the main reasons i liked her, she was a tough woman, not a sex symbol like alot of female characters these days...

im still hyped for this game as her character and personality are the same, at least the f**king better be, dont want a Yuna from X-2, completely different from the first game...

should still be great game, its just a shame they're doing this kind of thing to lure in the pixel pervets out there. it ruins a good character when they do stuff like this...

Jul 30, 13 at 2:50am
Angelus

Seems like a costume from every final fantasy may appear.

Jul 30, 13 at 1:27am
Yay4sean

..... Some weird-ass shit man. Also, Lightning was cool because she did not have that kind of fan-service. There went a good character (It's not like she had much of a character in XIII-2 though)

I'm afraid my stokage level for FF XIII-3 is not nearly as high as it is for FF XV, or even X/X-2 HD...

Jul 30, 13 at 1:25am
Largerock

Disgusting. They even had to announce Boob Jiggle. And this also further cements the fact that Lightning is just a Barbie Doll.

Oh Toriyama, you and your childish fetish for Lightning.

Jul 30, 13 at 1:16am
Xeros the Slayer

quote Slash
It features 8 year old looking girls in sexualized/revealing clothes. I consider it the same garbage as whatever NIS localizes/publishes.
And seeing what SE is putting on the mobile market in Japan, SE has fallen to the same state as NIS.

Then again it's been a while and if that were in there I likely actively avoided it and chose people more modestly dressed. Though I could definitely see the drawing style contributing to young looking characters. I'm not saying that because it's one instance doesn't mean it's not bad entirely since the guy version of that class wears full armor and a cloak while the girl is missing the armor. I'm just saying it is nowhere near the level that those other guys, and apparently square these days, go to.

As for SE and 13 in general. This is what happens when one of your directors made the female protagonist his wet dream girl. Apparently the guy hangs a portrait of Lightning over the shared office space so she can look upon their work favorably.

Jul 30, 13 at 1:12am
Rabla

quote Slash
It features 8 year old looking girls in sexualized/revealing clothes. I consider it the same garbage as whatever NIS localizes/publishes.
And seeing what SE is putting on the mobile market in Japan, SE has fallen to the same state as NIS.