Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » TV Shows » Orange Is the New Black (A Netflix Exclusive) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 15, 13 at 7:33pmMnmfan

From the creator of “Weeds” comes a heartbreaking and hilarious new series set in a women’s prison. Piper Chapman’s wild past comes back to haunt her, resulting in her arrest and detention in a federal penitentiary. To pay her debt to society, Piper trades her comfortable New York life for an orange prison jumpsuit and finds unexpected conflict and camaraderie amidst an eccentric group of inmates.

Cast
Taylor Schilling (Argo - Christine Mendez)
Jason Biggs (American Pie - Jim)
Natasha Lyonne (American Pie - Jessica)
Laura Prepon (That 70s Show - Donna)
Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek Voyager - Captain Janeway)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 03, 13 at 4:19pm
Justin

quote Sakura
Finished watching the last episode last night! I love how much raw emotion is in the show and I feel like every character adds something. Red is definitely my favorite at the moment. I love her passion and her protectiveness, but I also like that she is still human and messes up. I am not sure how I feel about Piper going into Season 2. She's been getting on my nerves throughout the show and although I feel for her sometimes I just get frustrated with her. I can't wait for Season 2!!! (:
I feel the exact same way. I was actually going to open up a thread specifically for Piper later tonight/tomorrow because of how unique I think her character is. The level of internal conflict that rises from all the women in this facility is captured beautifully I think in this show. They do an amazing job at portraying raw emotion and making you feel sympathetic.

I also can't wait for season two; loved this season very much.

Sep 03, 13 at 3:47pm
Sakura

Finished watching the last episode last night! I love how much raw emotion is in the show and I feel like every character adds something. Red is definitely my favorite at the moment. I love her passion and her protectiveness, but I also like that she is still human and messes up. I am not sure how I feel about Piper going into Season 2. She's been getting on my nerves throughout the show and although I feel for her sometimes I just get frustrated with her. I can't wait for Season 2!!! (:

Sep 02, 13 at 1:13pm
Justin

s1e13 - "Can't Fix Crazy" (Season Finale)

Sep 02, 13 at 12:03pm
Spastic

I watched the series yesterday and today while studying, and it was definitely worth a watch. I was skeptical at first, but the story, acting, and characters are awesome. Crazy eyes is definitely my favorite. So deep and insightful.

Sep 01, 13 at 6:17pm
Sakura

Justin, I have an over-empathy problem when watching TV/movies so anytime a main character feels uncomfortable or is about to be in a bad situation I feel whatever they are feeling while I am watching it. So anytime Piper is uncomfortable, I feel uncomfortable for her so that's why I use the word awkward. I have the problem with most shows but this was I feel that awkward has been my most frequent emotion whereas other shows it is usually joy or being really upset.

Sep 01, 13 at 6:11pm
Justin

quote Sakura
I just started watching this yesterday. I am in the middle of Episode 4 and I just love this show. It's a little awkward to watch at some points, but it's amazingly well done. The characters are phenomenal!

Being a teenage boy myself, I don't find much of the scenes very awkward. I think the dialogue does great justice to life in prison, sexual and racial identity ironically through pretty politically incorrect scenarios.

Glad you like it though, and I'm glad I like it myself. Got one more episode myself.

Sep 01, 13 at 6:03pm
Sakura

I just started watching this yesterday. I am in the middle of Episode 4 and I just love this show. It's a little awkward to watch at some points, but it's amazingly well done. The characters are phenomenal!

Sep 01, 13 at 12:18pm
Justin

Spamming up this thread, but the series is too good.

s1e12 - Fool Me Once

I really hope Chapman does hold a grudge against Alex. I was excited to see conflict arise between the two of them. I don't really like Alex's character. Claudette was one of the characters I really enjoyed in this series. I hope she doesn't go out like that.

Tiffany's flashbacks were hilarious. I laughed too hard when she was brought into the court and her whole religious "background" was revealed. Oh my God - as if her character could get any more hilarious. Awesome episode cliff hanger to lead up to the finale. Well done.

Aug 31, 13 at 4:09pm
Justin

s1e11 - "Tall Men with Feelings"

Crazy eyes is still my favorite character. They need to show her more like they did in this episode with Chapman. The whole radio segment was an interesting climax to the chapman and her fiance's relationship, and I was happy to see the secret of alex naming her revealed. Another great cliff hanger. I only have a couple more episodes of this show unfortunately.

Aug 31, 13 at 11:23am
Justin

Didn't think using your image would actually upset you. Apologies.

s1e10 - Bora Bora Bora

I took a couple weeks since speeding through episodes 5-9 because school started back in session, and I've been extremely busy. Happy to get back into this show now that I'm on a three-day weekend.

Chapman and Alex's relationship restoring was predictable, and it's a great addition to the plot. Can't wait to see what happens and who Chapman ends up choosing.

Sad to see Miller go because I was starting to like her after her flashbacks. Awesome episode cliffhanger, as usual.