markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

The Elder Scrolls Online logo Adoring Fan TESO Dragon Knight TESO Aldmeri Dominion TESO Daggerfall Covenant TESO Ebonheart Pact TESO Nightblade Chorrol Shield Conjuration Symbol Skingrad Shield Leyawiin Shield Kvatch Shield Bravil Shield Cheydinhal Shield Bruma Shield Whiterun Shield Illusion Symbol Oblivion Logo TESO Altmer TESO Argonian TESO Bosmer TESO Breton TESO Dunmer TESO Khajiit TESO Nord TESO Orc TESO Redguard TESO Sorcerer TESO Templar
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jul 06, 13 at 8:10pm

Early days yet but which format will you be going for and why?

I'll be going with PC myself, I think MMORPGs and RPGs in general are more suited to PC. I'll stick with what I know. It's early days yet, so there might be good reasons to go down the console route.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 04, 14 at 6:38am
SkullFace

quote Aurora
Definitely agree that MMOs are normally better suited to the PC, mainly due to the greater depth and flexibility of controls, but this may an exception if it's well-designed. People had the same sort of doubts about Halo Wars, but its controls worked well enough because good gamepad controls weren't an afterthought.

Also, the only "PC" I use nowadays is my laptop, which would almost certainly not run ESO well. So console for me.
Yeah buried the desktop PC ages ago replaced with Laptop and Console lol.

I had NO issues with Skyrim on controller, easy enough buttons? I don't think there will be an issue except, maybe, communication to anyone not in your group. Other than that consoles may even have an advantage. Xbox for example if it made use of the Kinetics and used voice/hand signals to use certains spells etc.
In combat you could use the control for melee and voice for spells! - slash slash slash "fireball" boom

Jan 21, 14 at 6:37am
Aurora

Definitely agree that MMOs are normally better suited to the PC, mainly due to the greater depth and flexibility of controls, but this may an exception if it's well-designed. People had the same sort of doubts about Halo Wars, but its controls worked well enough because good gamepad controls weren't an afterthought.

Also, the only "PC" I use nowadays is my laptop, which would almost certainly not run ESO well. So console for me.

Jan 07, 14 at 11:21am
Shave ya Head

PC for sure. I transitioned from Console to PC a while back.

Dec 12, 13 at 4:13am
romanski

PC for flight simulator and games like Rome and Diablo. And console for all other genres.

Nov 04, 13 at 2:37pm
Ascii

PC, I didn't build this monster for nothing!

I also heard that they don't have the voice chat system worked out yet, so console users might want to keep up with if they get that straightened out. Then again, I'm not sure how reliable of a source that was I heard it from.

If there is a problem, I'm sure it will be fixed by the time the game hits the shelves though.

Nov 04, 13 at 4:51am
natan457

I'm thinking PC, it's high time I switched from my xbox.

Nov 03, 13 at 8:00am
Sammycakes88

quote DedValve
Consoles when it goes free to play. I'm sure me an Axe can have a hearty good time.
they seem confident that it won't be going free to play( even after swtor went that way and that had star wars in its name so maybe they learned from theiir mistakes) and from what I have seen of it, it has some really big potential and has some really I there sting concepts how well they do in game is entirely differnt( communism on paper is a nice idea but in real life fails miserably)

Sep 03, 13 at 7:30am
DedValve

Consoles when it goes free to play. I'm sure me an Axe can have a hearty good time.

Aug 26, 13 at 7:01am
Demonxsoul

quote SpaceMammoth
Probably console - I never seem to have a powerful enough PC, at least you know it will run smoothly on console.
This, basically. I'll get adapted to console gameplay sooner or later.

Aug 25, 13 at 12:31pm
SpaceMammoth

Probably console - I never seem to have a powerful enough PC, at least you know it will run smoothly on console.