Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Tiny Tina DLC: First Impressions? WARNING: SPOILERS!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Jun 25, 13 at 4:31amMLongfellowDeeds

I won't be able to play it until later today,, but for those who are currently playing it what are your thoughts? Does it live up to expectations? What do you like/dislike about it?? Any neat loot you have found so far?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 16, 13 at 4:27am
MLongfellowDeeds

Yep, that's the same thing that happened to me. Annoying but thankfully Zer0 is decent with guns.

Oct 15, 13 at 6:02pm
Shadow of Death

Just fought the Sorcerer again with a friend at level 66 (we both were). Damn, he was a GIANT pain in the arse.

Putting aside the fact that he's much stronger now (and Melee Zer0 plateaued several levels ago), the hitbox things is MAJORLY annoying. 2/3rds of my melee dashes miss. Some of my melee strikes miss too.

We nearly killed him twice, only to be screwed out of a win one way or another. Finally we just entered a policy of quick-killing ourselves (holding E in FFYL) if the other person is at risk and we're in FFYL.

Lost loads of cash and he didn't even have the decency to drop anything good ~_~

Jul 04, 13 at 12:17pm
Shadow of Death

quote MLongfellowDeeds
Yeah, Rubi Love Thumper to start, then I switched to my Hide of Terra shield and couldn't get any melee damage on him. Is it a respawnable boss? I'll have to go there again and see if the same happens for me.
Yep. Beat him in story mode with my friend because I was worried about the melee thing, but it turned out to not be a problem. I've beaten him solo about 6 or 8 times. Only died once I think, because I made a blunder early on in his first form (which is arguably the one easiest to bugger up and die on). I'm farming him mainly becuase he has a chance of dropping all 3 of the uber versions of the magic grenades.

The whole stage is a good place to farm for these grenade mods, plus the altar can be used to potentially spawn pearl and legendary drops. Handsome also has the same loot pool as The Warrior on top of that, so he has an increased rate of spawning those particular legendary loots too. All in all, a good place for farming loot.

Jul 04, 13 at 7:09am
MLongfellowDeeds

Yeah, Rubi Love Thumper to start, then I switched to my Hide of Terra shield and couldn't get any melee damage on him. Is it a respawnable boss? I'll have to go there again and see if the same happens for me.

Jul 03, 13 at 7:08pm
Shadow of Death

quote MLongfellowDeeds
The Demonic Sorcerer gave me problems...melee damage would not register for me, so I had to resort to guns.
Strange. I had no problems. Were you using the Rubi like me? I had a Love Thumper, which might have made a difference, but I do believe I've killed him even with my shields active, so it doesn't seem likely...

Jul 03, 13 at 3:25pm
MLongfellowDeeds

quote Shadow of Death
MLongfellowDeeds - Turns out, Melee Zer0 has no problems fighting Handsome. Slag him, kunai him, and run behind and melee him in deception, followed by just hitting him over and over again. Of course, healing is important. An Evisceration Rubi or Law+Order would be essential.

Farmed the stage a bunch of times, and got just one of the leveled up Magic grenade mods, the Firestorm or whatever one. Still hoping to get the Purple Magic Missile (plus the Lightning Storm).

BTW: Turns out you can sacrifice items at that altar every 10 seconds or so. Haven't gotten anything good, even from the badasses that spawn from it sometimes, but apparently you can get legendary and pearl weapons from it.
The Demonic Sorcerer gave me problems...melee damage would not register for me, so I had to resort to guns.

Jul 03, 13 at 12:01pm
Shadow of Death

MLongfellowDeeds - Turns out, Melee Zer0 has no problems fighting Handsome. Slag him, kunai him, and run behind and melee him in deception, followed by just hitting him over and over again. Of course, healing is important. An Evisceration Rubi or Law+Order would be essential.

Farmed the stage a bunch of times, and got just one of the leveled up Magic grenade mods, the Firestorm or whatever one. Still hoping to get the Purple Magic Missile (plus the Lightning Storm).

BTW: Turns out you can sacrifice items at that altar every 10 seconds or so. Haven't gotten anything good, even from the badasses that spawn from it sometimes, but apparently you can get legendary and pearl weapons from it.

Jul 03, 13 at 12:08am
IronFistQueen

I love this DLC. My favorite so far. My first run through of the DLC and had a sorcerer drop a Chain Lightning (legendary grenade) and the final boss dropped the Impaler shield. I'd say it was a pretty successful DLC!

Jul 01, 13 at 9:00pm
Shadow of Death

Yeah, I hate fighting the Dragons with Melee Zer0, I had to give up eventually, on the second set you find (and can skip).

Sorry to hear the boss is resistant to Melee ~_~ It'll make the game way harder in the end.

Jul 01, 13 at 7:42pm
MLongfellowDeeds

quote Shadow of Death
Melee Zer0 (With Kunai) + Evisceration Rubi + Love Thumper = Awesome

I can't speak for later enemies, but I'm ripping my way through most. Heck, I can kill even Treants (plus Regular skeletons and the stumpey things) with just Kunai if the right elements proc I can kill tougher enemies faster than I could in co-op using The Bee with my friend (who doesn't use The Bee). I killed that big Orc boss in The Forest within ten seconds. Took me using The Bee plus my friend quite a bit longer to kill him. Though I do need Slag to be most effective, but if the Roid damage is active, I can fully heal with every Melee attack with the Rubi. I can also do pretty good damage against the (slagged) armored foes, which is more than I expected TBH

Long Live the Evisceration Rubi!
Melee Zer0 destroys EVERYTHING in this DLC!

The only ones I had problems with were those Skeleton mages and the final boss who was apparently resistant to anything melee. And dragons....dragons were not melee friendly!